“Fit the Bill” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Heathrow Central

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hounslow
Travelodge Heathrow Central
700 Bath Road | Hertz House, Hounslow TW5 9SW, England   |
Ranked #7 of 22 hotels in Hounslow
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Fit the Bill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We used this hotel as a way station between landing and renting a car the next day. We picked it for its close proximity to the airport which limited any complicated travel into the city of London. Our game plan was to use the hotel to acclimate ourselves to the time zone while catching up on lost/uncomfortable sleep due to traveling (I was traveling with my elderly mother and this seemed like a good idea). We took the Hotel Hoppa bus to the hotel from the airport. I knew about the bus from the Travelodge website (I booked the hotel on the Travelodge site after a bit of research...there were two of us needing separate beds so I booked a 'family' room. There were two prices for all the hotels I booked for our trip...refundable and non-refundable. I went for the non-refundable price as it was substantial cheaper but I was a bit nervous that I might regret that...luckily I didn't! The Travelodge is pretty basic. A step up hotel would be The Premier Inn which we stayed at later in our trip...see separate review). I asked an airport information clerk where to go for the bus after landing and was easily directed to the right doors.

On a side note I pulled money out of a machine using my debit card after we landed at Heathrow. The machine charged no additional fees and offered a better exchange rate then the currency counter in Atlanta, where we left.

The Hotel Hoppa had a ticket counter/office outside where we paid for our tickets with our credit cards (we had notified our credit card/bank of our travel plans well in advance of our trip so we wouldn't experience any problems. I only used my debit card twice to withdraw 'walking around' money...all the rest of my charges were made on credit cards (CC). On the credit card front my mom had a swipe chip in hers and mine was a standard card....both worked fine). I am not sure if I could have used a CC if I went on the bus to purchase a ticket...people who purchased directly on the bus seemed to use cash. The ticket cost £4 something one way. The Hotel. Hoppa people will tell you what bus you need for the hotel. We took the one meant for The Doubletree with the understanding our hotel was directly across the street.

I miscalculated the time it would get through customs and pick up out bags so we arrived at the hotel around 10 a.m. I probably could have rented a car that day and headed to our final destination in Ludlow, England but my mom said she appreciated the hotel stay. I knew we were early but was hoping they had a luggage check so my mom and I could walk around a bit. Sadly they DO NOT have a luggage check area. The do have a dining area and my mom was happy to sit with her book and a cup of coffee watching the luggage while I went for a walk in the neighborhood (I went geocaching and looked for a restaurant my mom could eat at...she is vegan).

The hotel front desk staff were very nice and spoke to housekeeping to see if we could get into our room early. They did have an early arrival fee but we were happy to pay it. The room they made up was room 101 which they apologized was a room close to the reception door, which opens and closes a lot. We were just happy to get a room to sleep that we didn't even notice. We got into the room about 11:30 a.m.

It was a pretty 'no frills' room but it was fine for what we needed. I slept on a cot while my mom slept on the double bed. I was fine on the cot. The room does not have soap, shampoo, hair drier, etc. we needed a hair drier and iron and were able to check them out at the front desk.

We woke up a couple of hours later and my mom was ready to walk about a bit. We found a restaurant that had a salad, which my mom ate and I had a panini with chips (which are French fries...if you see 'crisps' those are potato chips). The area is by no means a site seeing area but seeing as how that wasn't our goal it wasn't a problem. We headed back to the hotel where we watched TV and ironed our clothes for the next day.

My travel adaptor was ill-equipped to handle my 450° flat iron so I had to resign myself to pulled back hair the entire trip. My mom had some travel curlers that worked well with the adaptor but they drew a lot less power. That is probably something you need to check. We were fine charging electronic devices on the adaptor (on a side note travel adapters are cheaper at a T.J. Max, Marshall's, or Ross then Walmart).

You do get 30 minutes of free wifi at the hotel and then it is £1 for a 24 hour period...which I paid.

The lady behind the desk told us to keep and ask for VAT receipts during our stay as the VAT (Value Added Tax) is reimbursable at Heathrow when we leave. That got us excited until I researched it a bit and the VAT is only refundable on goods that leave the country as opposed to services like hotels, car rentals and the like.

There were several 'market like' stores in the area where we purchased bananas and oranges for the morning as opposed to getting the hotel breakfast buffet that was not included with the room. The room did have a kettle with coffee and tea so that covered us for caffeine in the morning.

I left in the morning to pick up the rental car by using the Hotel Hoppa bus to go back to the airport. There were lots of folks waiting for the bus who used the hotel as a way station the night before flying out. There were lots of planes flying close overhead and we all commented on how remarkable it was that we never heard them in the hotel. So that spoke well for its insulating properties!

All in all the hotel staff was friendly, the room 'no frills' but comfortable with a kettle and TV. Not sure if the rooms had AC or not but it was comfortable temperature wise (our Travelodge in Ludlow did not have AC which is why I mention it). There were basic places to eat and do light food shopping in the area and it was easy to travel to and from the airport from this location.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

293 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Swaffham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The price paid will determine perception of value. With the new beds, the rooms are perfectly acceptable at the usual Travelodge specification and it is situated for Terminals 1,2,3.
With little or no option for eating locally the bar/restaurant becomes a necessity and this is not an attractive prospect. The large and characterless facility has a fair range of beverages but the menu and meals are not inspiring and the chairs/tables are not particularly comfortable.
The benefit of price is enhanced with the Heathrow Hoppa service for Terminals 1,2 and 3, so despite being hardly 'central', it is still convenient and remarkably quiet in the rooms . The reception staff are friendly and very helpful. Would use again in the appropriate circumstances. This facility is primarily for airport stop-overs and fulfils that specification perfectly well.

Room Tip: Upper floors diminish passing traffic noise but all the rooms are well sound proofed and there is mi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed here for 2 night while meeting family from the airport for the money we paid we expected more.

We paid £20 per dog and were put on the 3rd floor and no where near the lift or stairs so caused issues at 5am in the morning as the dogs couldn't make it out to the toilet.

The food was horrendous for the price. A ready meal microwaved and served in a card board box which is very unappealing.

We tried to arrange a early check in for our parents on the day they landed and was told it was fine; then when checking in we were told their would be a charge of £10.

The room was tidy but very grubby walls as well as they're being rubbish in the bin from previous guests i.e razor blades which can be dangerous for young children.

We were asked for feedback on departure and gave so, they then said they would send us a voucher for the inconvenience but we are still waiting for it to turn up

Stayed July 2014
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Heathrow Central, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for your review 683k_rose. We are deeply sorry to learn of the poor experience you had at our hotel. The food that we offer is standardised across all our hotels and our staff are trained in how to prepare and present the food so it is regrettable to learn that the food did not meet with your expectations on this occasion. Furthermore, our early check in extra is charged at £10 and we do detail this on our website, however we are still sorry for the inconvenience caused. We also expect all our rooms to be cleaned to a high standard of cleanliness so we are really concerned to learn of the condition of your room. We would like to sincerely apologise for the experience you had and we would like to take the opportunity to investigate your concerns regarding the cleanliness of your room and the food in more detail so we would very much appreciate it if you would visit our website and use the Contact Us button to provide us with more details. Please indicate that you have left a TripAdvisor review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here when flying from Heathrow, the staff were exceptional and couldn't do enough for you. The car park was £7.50 a night but was told it belonged to an independent company. Food and drink good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Well impressed the customer service. The staff will go all the way to make your stay comfortable. Was allocated 6th floor with great view of the runway. Our room was spotless and very big. Bed was comfortable. Will definately recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Llandudno, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is my second time staying in this Travelodge in a matter of months and I use it for when I come to London for holidays.

It's a 45 minute commute into the centre, plus a 15 minute walk to Hounslow West station for the tube but it cannot be beaten on price.

You rarely hear any aircraft noise despite being directly below the flight-path and the cleanliness of the rooms is great. I stayed for two nights and had my room cleaned thoroughly for my second nights stay as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here on a Friday night prior to my morning flight from Heathrow. Got off the tube at Hounslow West and then bussed it to the hotel (it's not a long walk if you chose this option too).

The hotel is now quite old, the Travelodge website boasts that the hotel has been refurbished, but really it's only a lick of paint, and a new throw on the bed. Elsewhere I found it to be grubby and quite clearly old. Other than that it's all pretty standard Travelodge.

The hotel is directly underneath the Heathrow flightpath, you get some noise from the larger aircraft but it's not really enough to wake you up in the early hours.

To get to/from Heathrow there is a hoppa bus which I thought was a little pricey, public bus is easy enough to do, or, as I did, opt for a taxi which is £10 and only takes roughly 10 minutes.

If you're only paying £40 a night then you can't complain, but anymore than that and I'd recommend looking elsewhere. So you get what you pay for, don't expect anything out of this world.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Been to Travelodge Heathrow Central? Share your experiences!