“My new base for trips to London” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Heathrow Central

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hounslow
Travelodge Heathrow Central
Save Saved
You added Travelodge Heathrow Central to your Saves list
700 Bath Road | Hertz House, Hounslow TW5 9SW, England   |
Ranked #7 of 22 hotels in Hounslow
Virginia, USA
“My new base for trips to London”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed here for a budget 5-day trip. I hate spending a lot for hotel services I never use so Travelodge fits my needs quite nicely. I'm used to a long commute so the 45 minutes or so on the tube doesn't bother me. Even with the extra cost for a zone 4 travelcard it still works out better than staying nearer to the city. The tube stop is just steps away from the hotel with a handful of shops and take-out food available in between. A short walk further up the high street presents many more options as well.

I had planned to arrive earlier so had pre-booked the early check-in for 10 pounds, but ended up arriving close to normal check-in time so they didn't charge me.

Room was very clean and new in appearance. Everything worked well. Bed was super comfortable. The hotel interior is very quiet but since my room was on the 1st floor and at the back, near the service area, I did experience quite a lot of noise from delivery trucks on the week day mornings. The sound of planes on approach to Heathrow was never problematic for me but could possibly be for someone who is a light sleeper or sleeps late.

I really only have two minor complaints:

1. I get that it's supposed to be "no frills," but having a small shelf or rack in the shower upon which to place one's soap would be nice. It sucks having to place your soap either on the shower floor or in the sink next to the shower.

2. The hotel reception has no way to accept payment for the WiFi. It has to be paid online, which is fine if you have a credit card that's working. Mine wasn't (was locked up at the time). I was able to access the internet on my global-ready phone so I managed, but I would have liked to be able to pay in cash. The WiFi that was supposed to be free in the lounge area never would work for me - kept getting "access denied" messages.

Overall I'm super pleased with my stay and will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

335 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
HECKINGTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed for one night before meeting friends at Heathrow. Room was very clean and comfortable and the food at the evening meal & breakfast adequate. Lack of shower gel and sufficient supply of tea/coffee & milk are my only concerns.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge Heathrow Central, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
We’re really pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us ROBERT W. We do offer tea and coffee making facilities, which is popular with our customers. If customers require more tea/coffee, they are available from our reception anytime. Although we do not provide toiletries in the rooms as part of our brand standard, customers have the option to purchase toiletries from vending machines at reception should they need to, this allows us to continue to offer great rates in great locations.
Paignton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

A nice clean travelodge in an excellent location for travelling into London by bus & tube. Bus stop to Hounslow Central tube station opposite side of the road & bus stop back to hotel outside, buses run frequently. Not sure about the surrounding area & didn't like to go out at night to look for somewhere to eat but food in Travelodge cafe was good & reasonably priced. Would definitely stay her again. Hoppa bus service to & from Heathrow airport runs throughout the day.

San Jose,Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Parking at this lodge is quite expensive and can be tedious to achieve. The meter rarely takes my US bank card and is often out of service. I had to call by phone and go through a slow tedious process of providing card details.. and then send an sms to register my license plate. It took 10-20 mins just to pay for the parking!! Not what I needed after a long drive.

On checking in, I was asked about food and was told that none was available and I would have to go down the road to find a take away. On a whim , I stopped by at the bar and asked if they had any snacks thinking I'd make do with a bag of crisps or hoglumps. Fortunately it turns out that they _DID_ have some hot food - albeit a choice of 3 pizzas. (chicken, pepperoni or veg). I had the pepperoni, which turned up with the pepperoni burnt around the edges. Other than that the pizza was okay.

When I got to the room I find there's no alarm clock (ok, it's a cheap hotel...) but neither is there any power outlet by the bed meaning I couldn't plug in my phone or my own alarm clock in a place where I can hear it. I am hard of hearing so I need to have the phone next to my ear to hear it. The only power was on the far side of the room and useless to me. In the end I left the phone on battery power but was so worried about it running out over night (after being in use all day) that I wasn't able to get a good nights sleep for waking every half hour to check the clock.

The bed was pretty comfortable though, I just wish I could have actually gotten a good sleep in it :(

I've stayed at this hotel three times this year. My first visit, the shower tray was blocked so it flooded while showering and I ended up using the one towel provided to soak up water so I could stand in the bathroom. My next visit was fairly straight forward, except I had problems with my phone sim/signal so it also took me 30 mins to get parking taken care of. This third trip had various little issues that made it a tiresome stay.

Admittedly, I'm usually arriving at 10-11pm after a long drive, and I understand some services may not be available, but for me, the biggest nuisance was the food being advertised as 24hrs, being given INCORRECT information at the check in desk, and then getting burnt food when what was actually available turned up. Had I known service would be reduced , I would have stopped somewhere on my way in instead.

It's still a cheap, convenient location with a comfy bed - but the experience is a bit hit and miss

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Yes, my room 608 had a view to see landing on runway 27 R at heathrow.
Very low noise of aircrafts inside the room, slept well.
small room, with a very small window, a little claustrophobic for me.
Bed good, tea/coffee in the room
No phone, so no intercom to contact anyone, use mobile phone.
Internet chargeable 20 Pounds for one week. Other rates also available.
Paid another 10 pounds to check in at 12.30 pm instead of 3 pm and another 10 Pound for checking out at 2pm instead of 12 noon.

Room Tip: I like rooms on the higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
St. Albans, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Title says it all - cheap but far from cheerful, suffering from airport hotel 'one night stand' syndrome. No lights in bathroom in first room offered, brightly flashing smoke detector directly over bed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We have stayed at this Travelodge three times now and each time we have been impressed. The staff are very friendly and for the price you pay, (£35 a night for a stay at the time), it is excellent value for money. We visit London every couple of years or so and although we spend our days in and around the centre of London we choose to stay at this hotel near to Heathrow due to it's price. We have to walk about 30mins to the nearest underground station but in comparison to paying an extra £200 a week to stay in the centre of London this is a small hassle!!!!!!
Our room was very clean and the new beds are very comfy!
This hotel is very near to one of Heathrow's runways so there is a lot of noise, mainly from planes landing but you get used to this and this is great hotel to use if you are flying from Heathrow as there is also a shuttle bus which takes you to the terminals.
Without a doubt we will be staying here again!

Room Tip: If you would like less aviation noise ask for a room on the East side.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Travelodge Heathrow Central? Share your experiences!