“Excellent, not just for an airport hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zen Oriental Restaurant

Zen Oriental Restaurant
Southern Perimeter Rd. | Terminal Four, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 3AF, England
020 8564 9609
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 193 Restaurants in Hounslow
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Bath, United Kingdom
“Excellent, not just for an airport hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Travelling alone normally means an average table, but I was given one with a good view of the restaurant for people watching! Food and service is excellent and even though it is an airport hotel, I didn't feel they took advantage.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dartmouth, Canada
“Outstanding Asian Food in an Airport Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We recently spent a week at the Hilton Terminal 4 and on the second last night decided to splurge and give the Zen a try. We noted that the restaurant seemed quite busy each evening, the selection looked good and the prices (excluding the wine) weren't too outrageous, especially for an airport hotel, which has a captive audience.

On our chosen evening, I did a quick scan of Tripadvisor to see what others' had to say and noticed that the restaurant would to takeaway. So we went downstairs, verified that this was possible, placed our order and quickly went to the Marks & Spencer in T3 to get a bottle of wine. When we showed up to collect our order, it was just coming out of the kitchen.

The two dishes that we ordered (can't remember the exact name but one was a chilli beef and the other a spicy chicken) were delicious. The meat was tender and flavourful and one order of rice was more than enough for two people. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and if you do the cheaper option (i.e. takeaway) the prices are very reasonable.

I couldn't tell, but I am guessing that this is likely a favourite of those living locally and business isn't only relying on hotel guests.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
wi
“Really nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I avoided eating here on prior stays at the Hilton figuring the cost could not be justified. I was wrong. Despite a captive clientele, the service and food was outstanding.

London, England
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Really enjoyed my meal here while stayihng at the Hilton. An excellent menu - dim sum was wonderful! A little expensive but you get what you pay for here! Very good service - would definitely return here if I stay over again.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Porthcawl, United Kingdom
“Amazing service and lovely food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The service is 1st class, they keep topping up your green tea and cannot do enough for you.

We had the set menu for two, which was plenty of food, it was all lovely and nice to try some different dishes that I may not have chosen.

It isn't the cheapest meal, drinks aren't cheap, my boyfriend had beer. If I went again would just have green tea, as I love it and they just keep refilling the Little teapot for you.

Visited June 2012