“Great hotel for base while working” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Hounslow - Heathrow East

You added Ramada Hounslow - Heathrow East to your Saves list
Ramada Hounslow - Heathrow East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8-10 Lampton Road, Hounslow TW3 1JL, England (Formerly Days Hotel Hounslow-Heathrow East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 200 Points
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Hounslow
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Great hotel for base while working”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Modern, near to tube station which takes you to central London easily, comfortable rooms, good breakfast, great staff. have stayed here on a regular basis for weeks. Air conditioning much appreciated in this heat! Good showers. In conclusion a very handy base when working in central London.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The hotel looks much better on the inside than the exterior might suggest. My room was clean and well-designed and the bathroom had a good shower. Staff were efficient. My only complaint was that the duvet was too short. I did not take breakfast at the hotel but at a nearby café. The hotel is a short walk from Hounslow Central station but this has no lift and lots of stairs. On departure, I used Hounslow East station which has a lift and is 10 mins walk if you know the route.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Pretoria, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed here on a one day stopover. Very easy access to Heathrow on the underground, and just five minutes walk from the Hounslow Central station. A few minutes walk to the shopping area, and about 15 minutes to the mainline railway station. The hotel is new and the rooms are fresh and comfortable. All my luggage had been lost and I was desperately in need of a shower when I arrived, but the staff were not very sympathetic and did not allow an early check-in. However, it is still a good, comfortable hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

After touring England by car for 5 weeks we needed to drop the car at Heathrow, get a room for the night, and then take public transportation back to Heathrow. After searching the net for a room we opted to stay at this hotel because the price was excellent and it was fairly close to the airport. It didn't have a shuttle to the airport like the other airport hotels but it is within a 100 yards of a tube station so we decided to stay here and take the tube to Heathrow in the morning. I booked the hotel and received an email confirmation...in U.S. Dollars. My credit card was charged in British Pounds. I emailed the hotel and the manager said the price was in British Pounds not U.S. Dollars. Then I called Days Inn International and they said the same thing. I told them I had an email to the contrary. They asked me to send it to them, which I did. Even after sending the Days people a copy of my confirmation in U.S. Dollars they wouldn't give me a credit for the difference until after I actually stayed in the hotel. Eventually, I did get the credit after showing them proof of staying in the hotel but it was a big hassle and they could easily have given me the credit from the get-go. OK, other than that the hotel room was clean and comparable to a Day's Inn in the U.S....no complaints there. Their dinning area was nothing special so we went to the local grocery and bought some pastries, juice and yogurt for breakfast. The dinner menu did not look particularly appetizing so we thought we'd go out and eat dinner. Hounslow is an area entirely of Indian and Middle Eastern residents consequently there are no English/American restaurants nearby. We finally decided to eat at the other hotel across the street but it was very poor fare. We didn't have a car but if we had they would have charged for parking. If I were doing it again I would stay at a named hotel near the airport with shuttle service. It might have cost a little more but would have been much more convenient and relaxing after a long trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Southampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We recently stayed here the weekend of some football match at Wembley where it was really hard to find a room. We were heading to a concert the other side of London but as the hotel is near a tube this was actually an ok location.
Check in quick and efficient. When we found we didn't have a remote controller for TV this was sorted quickly.
The pillows were a little thin.
We didn't spend much time in our room but the window was pretty small. The room was adequate.
We parked on the road just around the corner but believe there is parking.
Decent bathroom with shower.
It was fine for what we wanted.
We didn't hear any airplanes flying over whilst there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Coventry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed 1 night as part of a trip to Wimbledon final. We were really pleased with our room. I left my hat by mistake. Ana (one of the receptionists) very kindly posted it to me! SO thoughtful! Thanks again. Gaynor

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel while visiting London. This hotel is conveniently located just a block from Hounslow station which will easily take you to Piccadilly Circus and the center of London. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The bathrooms are clean and good sized. There is a continental breakfast in the morning that makes things easy especially if you don't want to spend time looking for breakfast. The staff is helpful and accommodating. We had a very early check out one morning and they provided us with a bagged breakfast to get us on our way. Others have said the airplane noise was a problem I did not find that to be the case and I consider myself a light sleeper.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family