“OK - But Only if You Are Small and Don't Have Too Much Luggage” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rosemount Hotel

Save Saved
You added Rosemount Hotel to your Saves list
Rosemount Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Steve Biko Way (Off Staines Road), Hounslow TW3 3JQ, England   |
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Scotland
“OK - But Only if You Are Small and Don't Have Too Much Luggage”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Useful location - just a couple of minutes walk from Hounslow Cental underground station which, in turn, is just 3 stops from Heathrow. So, it's alternative to staying at an airport hotel - in theory. The hotel is at the end of the main street so just steps from shops, takeaways, pubs, restaurants etc. However, Hounslow isn't the greatest of towns.

Reception was unmanned when I arrived and I had to wait a few minutes before somebody turned up. Service was friendly though. There is a small bar and restaurant attached to the hotel which I didn't try.

Hotel appeared to be well maintained and housekeeping standards were very high.

However, the room was TINY. Approx 8ft square with a shower room carved out of this, leaving an L shaped cupboard. Bed was narrower than a standard single (think camp bed) and only 6ft long so my feet poked out the end. Only place where you could view wall mounted TV was by lying on bed. The only surface to put thigs on was the window ledge or you could put the dining chair into service as a table. No other seating options. Fortunately I only had carry on bags. A suitcase would have taken up pretty much all of the available floor space,

You almost needed to be a contortionist to use the shower room, it was so cramped. The shower cubicle only had one door meaning that you also needed to be an amphibian to use the shower room after taking a shower.

Wifi did not work. The receiptionist told me that they 'sometimes' had problems when planes came low over the hotel. This place is directly under the Heathrow flight path, just about 2 miles from the runway threshhold. So when are there not planes flying low?

Other gripes: Fire alarm went off early in the evening and, about 2 hours later, another loud alarm in the corridor went off. Luckily, these weren't in the middle of the night.

Overall, it's just about OK for an overnight as long as you don't plan spending much time in the room awake. However, for the same sort of money you could stay in the Travelodge or Ibis just around the corner or, even at a Heathrow Travelodge or Pricelining a room at the airport. If you are considering this because you are on a budget, remember that the tube from LHR will cost you £4.50 each way. Overall, as an airport hotel option it doesn't make much sense.

Room Tip: Try to find out in advance what size your room is (and what size the bed is)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cornwall uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The "ROSEMOUNT HOTEL" is the worst place to stay ever. Hounslow borough council, you seriously need to go and inspect this Hotel. What happened to building regs and "Health & Safety"
We arrived in Hounslow after an eight hour drive in torrential rain and had to search for the carpark which was located around the back, NOT secure at all and no lighting, so we had to leave our car at our son's place in Northfields, four stops on the tube.
We were given our key and went to our room. OMG !! The bed was a hand made angle iron bed with a solid MDF base and a thin mattress with springs poking you in the back. The tea & coffee tray was on a tiny shelf held up by one screw and the other one almost out of the wall. The hanging space...lol.....the rail was right at the front of the space so the hangers were outside of the so called wardrobe which you then walked into. Then there was the "BATHROOM" or converted cupboard. So tiny, unless you see for yourself you would not believe it. To use the sink you had to kneel on the toilet, to use the toilet you had to leave the door open because your knees were touching the door, to get into the shower was an assault course, luckily we are fairly small people, there is no way a larger person would even fit in the room. Then if you didn't remember the huge step UP into the bathroom, when getting out was a like stepping down two steps at once. They did have things on the walls (to hide the huge holes) these were peices of wood covered in curtain material. It also said there were "Blackout Blinds ???? you could see straight through them.
Then there was the "Polish" staff, who pestered us for our money, and then said that they took it anyway from my card details. We asked to speak to the manager "MONIKA ZIMNY" but she didn't want to know, we asked for another room with a bigger bathroom but were told they are all the same. Then the receptionist showed us the brochure and said "Well you booked online, you didn't pay the brocure prices" ???? Then said that the brochure was old and only on show for walk in guests to see the pictures (no photo of bathroom though)
We didn't eat breakfast there, we didn't dare after seeing the the waiting staff/person who looked as though she had just crawled out of bed in her clothes.
What I really don't understand is, HOW do people come into our country and get away with everything. We are a family of builders and building regs are so strict as is the Health & Safety law. This is the UK and when in the UK everyone should abide by the same rule.
Yes, one very, very P..... Off person.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is too expensive for what it is, the bathroom is ridiculously small, breakfast was ok but the travelodge round the corner would be better.
Also, the noise of the planes woke us up in the morning!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night with my husband and yes room was very small and bathroom was smaller than small but you sleep there you don't live there spotless, staff were polite and couldn't have been more helpful, location perfect, cost fantastic would stay again :))

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I rang to hotel Saturday afternoon to find out how much is the cheapest single room for my brother!i need it just for one night.Girl who picked up the phone told me the cheapest room gonna be £35.Next day I went to the hotel with my brother.Nobody was in reception-I been waiting more then 15minutes!15 min later someone came downstairs to reception-I said I wanna book a single room for my brother just for one night-I called yesterday and girl who answer the phone call said its gonna cost £35!He started to laugh and that's not possible -the cheapest room cost £48 per night!I was shocked and said-i was traveling such a long way-I been waisting my time-girl who answered the phone told me wrong price-that's just ridiculous -it's not professional!I told him I wanna speak to your manager-and he answered-I'm the owner of hotel and asked to go away!Still can't belive it how unrespectable he been talking to customer!And he is owner of hotel!The service is horrible-started from receptionist-who don't even know the prices and ended with owner if hotel!I will never recommend you to go to that hotel!!!!!

Pudsey, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Perhaps it was slightly regal and optimistic of me to have expected my employers to have forked out for a 3 night stay in the Savoy, The Twickenham Marriott or even the local Travelodge. However, when I was informed I would be staying in the delights of inner city Hounslow, and better still in a hotel with a stellar rating of 31% perhaps one comes prepared. After-all I am battled-hardened after some recent comedy ridden hotel experiences.

A drive from Yorkshire to Hounslow should have taken 3.5hours, but when one decides to drive down on British Grand Prix day, please expect this journey to be nearing 6. Now for any northerner who avoids London like the Plague, you should perhaps be aware that Rosemount Hotel, Hounslow lies on the flight path of Europe’s busiest airport (Heathrow). Not only on the flight path, such is the closeness to the airport, time can be easily passed admiring the Pilot’s new slicked back hair, the garish trolly dolly outfits or even dry ones hair using the back-draught of a Boeing 767 engine.

Fortunately for visitors to the Rosemount, double-glazing is installed, but this is counteracted by the lack of air-conditioning. Whilst attempting to sleep in the sauna, guests become accustom to differentiating pitches of Boeing Engines , listening to the local drunk being chucked out of the Wetherspoon’s or listening to the strange wailings from the neighbouring room.

A single room in the Rosemount is a tight affair. The epitome being the “bathroom” which wouldn’t allow you to squeeze a cat in, never mind contemplate swinging it around aimlessly. I’ve never envisioned swinging a cat at any point of my life, but the need to prove a point by spiralling my arms around on the toilet would have had Big Brother directors ushering the psychiatrists in. After maiming my hands on the shower and sink closeby, I sat desolately on the toilet with my legs dangling into the living quarters, and my eyes fixed on the on-looking flight passenger’s who flew past in amazement. I chose to close the blinds for forthcoming visits to the bathroom.

For all these criticisms, Rosemount has a strange way of growing on you. The mostly Eastern European staffs were welcoming and helpful, and they even allowed me to take alcohol and a takeaway to my room. Not that I should have bothered. After seeing a rat leave there on arrival, I decided against the Hounslow Tandoori, and opted for a local Indian with an excellent reputation. After a 1 hour wait, it was the strangest Chicken Tikka Masala I’ve ever seen or tasted before or since. However, the Belgian Stella didn’t disappoint.

Car-parking facilities are on site, although they are unsecured; not much of an issue with a 51reg Clio. On the last morning I trialled the full English Breakfast which was reasonable, although it lost kudos for opting against using Heinz Beans. The bar is well-stocked with alcohol and soft drinks at very reasonable prices for any travelling Yorkshireman.

Let’s get one thing straight, The Rosemount is a cheap 2/3 star hotel placed within throwing distance of Air Traffic Control. The rooms are basic and tight, and the bathroom defies all laws of physics to accommodate a shower/sink/toilet combination in a 3x3 foot box. Despite its uglier sides, I think it was like the unfortunate kid on the front row at school…ugly, spotty not that bright, but one that fights for attention against its bigger, better neighbours. Roger, over and out.

Room Tip: Avid planespotters choose any room. Scared of flying? Don't choose here.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Very very poor, everything was terrible about this place. they must of hired stevie wonder to decorate this place. when people say " bathroom was a bit small " thats a very big understatement. The bathroom was tiny that small you had to pull your pants down and then climb in onto the toilet if you need to go. the sink was in the side of your ribs the toilet paper was like leafs. Its that small you can't turn around or do anything. Luckily i only had to stay for one night, The shower itself had half the door on so when the water was on it flooded the outside of the door into the room itself. The place probably has so much potential if was designed right but i've seen better places in downtown baghdad and thats on a good day... Oh ye not to mention the huge sponk stains on the floor/sofa and hand print marks on the wall The moral of the story is do yourself a serious favour and don't disappoint your self or your missus as this is a serious relationship wrecker. sod the rosemount hotel and its horrible polish staff

Room Tip: Choose elsewhere seriously!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rosemount Hotel? Share your experiences!