“Bargain Basement!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rosemount Hotel

You added Rosemount Hotel to your Saves list
Rosemount Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Steve Biko Way (Off Staines Road), Hounslow TW3 3JQ, England   |
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Bargain Basement!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Well, you certainly get what you pay for!! We stayed for one night this April and booked as it seemed a good price for the area and for our needs. However, please don't book if you are over 16 stone and/or over 6ft tall as you won't be able to use the ensuite shower/toilet room!! The window didn't shut properly and on the wettest and windiest night of the year this was a tad inconvenient ! Only one pillow per person is provided and I think this has to be the most uncomfortable nights sleep I've ever experienced in a hotel ever and I travel a lot. Lightbulbs weren't working on the bedside lamps, window blinds were dodgy - just generally a bit tired and in need of some TLC.
Also, don't book a taxi from the hotel to Twickenham as this cost around £20 for only a 2 mile journey!! The bus is cheaper at £2.30 each and there is a bus stop about a 30 second walk away. Furthermore, go accross to Wetherspoons for breakfast - always a winner and much cheaper than the hotel.
The staff are Polish and I think a lot got lost in the translation of regional accents.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel, nor would I stay here again.
Sorry folks!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel as its way too noisy at the front!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

I have stay in this hotel once and only want to stay there once the stuff are very very rude if something goes wrong you are told its not my problem by a stuff member there when I said to her the window in the hotel room would not shut (which made all my clothes soaking as she did nothing for me and it chucked it down with rain) She did nothing at all I was woken up my police running around the hotel because of a group of young people had broke into the hotel. I had paid £70 to stay there which I though was ok priced to get away from family so me and my partner could stay there and relax for the night..... so having a shower in the morning after I had already put do not disturb outside the door and cleaner walk's in the room on me naked laughs and run's off not a sorry nothing so I got out of shower and got dress in the cold wet clothes and went down stairs where I politely said to another stuff member can i please speak to manager I waited to speak to someone for 30 mins in the end I spoke to manager who was so rude saying none of this is his issues I have now been banned from hotel for asking for either a discount if I'd stay again another time or refund of some sort I really just out of the being so rude would never want to go back again even if I could I was more upset there was not even a sorry!! manners don't cost a thing!

Room Tip: don't book with this hotel pile of crap rude best to do any other in Hounslow area and cheaper t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

This might not be the best hotel for a romantic weekend in the capital or if you're looking to be spoilt in a hotel with an abundance of facilities, but (as John b has done) I've stayed here on a number of occassions for rugby weekends and have every intention of using this hotel again.

It's true; the single rooms are a little on the 'cosy' side and the toliets, well... they're not the largest in the land, but we (a group of 6 foot+ blokes) have always experienced clean rooms with few glitches and quick friendly check in.

The staff have always been friendly and very helpful and quick to make sure you're being attended to if you need assistance. The full breakfast following a day at the rugby is good value.

4 out of 5 might seem generous when you read some of the other reviews, but for value and convenience (re: rugby weekends) it's basic facilities are a great option

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

my son and i have stayed at rosemount for the last 2 prem finals .staying 3 nights each time after long drives from lancashire no messing in reception straight to aspotless room bathrooms are a bit small both off us 6plus but we have a right good laugh about it as for other reviews i have read about unfreindly staff and the area never had any problems sunnyside cafe for agreat breakfast witherspoons cross road and 2or3 pubs to visit on walk to stadium. will be back in 2012.

Room Tip: on a flight path so always noise
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

We chose to stay in this hotel because I have lots of family and friends in this area. We arrived on June 16 th and checked out on June 23rd. Frist day we were given room with bigger bathroom ( bigger for this hotel) then they changed our room to different room for rest of our nights. Yes, if you miss the 9 o clock housekeeping because you slept late last night there is no chance that your room will be cleaned on that day. The lady on the front desk was so rude and had an attitude every time I would speak to her not just that one night I was passing by lobby and I heard her and an gentleman talking about me and she was saying to the gentleman " no she is an American I will show you" what does that mean? I agree with previous commentator that the owner is racist. Ha one morning I went to have breakfast with my 2 lil girls, the same receptionist asked me what I wanted in a very rude tone before she showed me a seat or before she gave me menu. I said I havent looked into your menu so I do not know what you have. she babbled something so fast and all I could understand was fried eggs and toast( dont forget English was here second language too just not mine) so I ordered that. She started to bang on pots and pans and she threw the food plate in front of me " i ve never ever seen such a disrespect towards the customer in my life" . I was literally in tears that morning and she knows that. No I will not go to this hotel ever again and would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

Problems started from the very start, the window in our room was jammed open, the staff said we would just have to sleep with it open until the morning!
The internet did not work
The bathroom was so small you could not use it with the door closed.
We bought a token to use the internet in the lobby, but it also did not work. When I mentioned this to the receptionist she got angry and started shouting.
Very disappointing service

Room Tip: We changed several rooms, all were problematic
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

At the center of Hounslow this small hotel has the personal touch, and is absolutly spotless !
The rooms are tiny but adequate, not an inch is wasted, and everything you need is supplied, from the coffee, tea and biscuits in the room, to the iron and ironing board on every landing.
There's a nice restaurant and bar, though a little expensive for the area which is teeming with cheap food restaurants and pubs.
A very pleasant stay with very pleasant staff and management.
Check out the 5 day specials.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Rosemount Hotel? Share your experiences!