“Never going again until they apologise ” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English, British, Fusion, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Rainhill, United Kingdom
“Never going again until they apologise ”

I'll make this quick.
Lied to us about the starter
Turned off the chargrill and served a chargrilled steak without the chargrill. So basically just meat.
Fish was half a fillet for about £17.
Chef was shouting and swearing so we could hear.

Disgusting to lie to customers then shout and swear when we ask for what we've ordered.

I won't go back until the owner apologises to me.

Redeeming feature??
To be fair they knocked the god awful food off the bill. I was prepared to pay for it but they took it off.

Sort it out Chef, no need.

If the owner reads this please send me a message and I'll give you my number so we can discuss this in more detail. Thank you.

“Gone downhill very quickly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I'm not sure if it's a change of owner or staff but this once fantastic little restaurant has had a steep decline over the last 18 months or so, I used to be a regular but not anymore, the food is distinctly average and over priced.

I just hope it can make a return to it's old ways but I fear it won't, there are better restaurants in the area.

Pull your socks up KOZI, word travels fast in this area!

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Regulars of KOZI and I can't see us returning unfortunately!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Over the last 12 months or so this place has been in steady decline, in the past we have had some wonderful times in KOZI as a couple, with friends and regularly in groups of up to 60 people after family events.

We ate in here over the Easter bank holiday and it was shocking, the last few times we've been here something just hasn't seemed right, this time it was appalling.

To start I ordered king prawn with wasabi except there was no wasabi, when I mentioned this I was told it was in the dressing but there was no wasabi at all, being honest it's not really a flavour you can miss is it?

My husband's mushroom ciabatta was half of the size it used to be. The worst was still to come so please keep reading.

My main course came of seabass, it was £15.95 and I received half of a distinctly meagre piece of fish, some potatoes and some salad, I questioned this for the very nice waitress to say she'll speak to 'chef', she did and the response was for the chef to start ranting at the top of his voice, one of the phrases being "it's the same as any other restaurant, they haven't got and F'ing clue!", the whole restaurant heard this, all 8 people.

I was also told that it was line caught, I don't care if was caught from the local pond, I wanted the full fish I was paying for.

We did point out to the waitress that we could hear the chef being extremely unprofessional swearing and rating at full volume, fortunately for us we do have a clue and my food was unacceptable regardless of what 'chef' thought.

More to come....

My husband and brother in law ordered CHAR GRILLED STEAK, I have put this in capitals because it should be CHAR GRILLED, it wasn't, it was a piece of below average pan fried steak that wasn't even cooked to order, both my husband and brother in law questioned this, after all KOZI's signature dish is CHAR GRILLED steak which used to be wonderful.

They both had a bite of the steak each and complained to be told it was CHAR GRILLED, they even pointed out that it should have lines on, they were told they were wrong. The nice lady then spoke to 'chef' she then came back and said because they weren't busy he had turned the CHAR GRILL burner off so pan fried it! Unbelievable.

We were told by the nice lady that she'd ring the owner to see if we didn't have to pay for our main courses, I don't care who she rang, we weren't paying for them regardless, luckily for us the owner agreed, phew!

We paid for our drinks and starters at nearly £60 for the 4 of us, ouch.

KOZI has been a regular place for us over the last few years and was excellent, unfortunately it has gone downhill recently, we should have listened to others in the area when they have told us the same.

Poor food at top prices and an extremely rude shouty chef are not what KOZI used to be about, it was empty and there is a reason why...

I live in Rainhill and support the local businesses, unfortunately it will be a while before I support KOZI again, hopefully it'll return to it's old self but it has a long way to go to bring back the good will it once had.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great Restaurant, Great Service, Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We always have a great meal every time we go here. The service is excellent as they make you feel welcome no matter what time of day you go. The food is excellent I have never had a bad meal here, it is great value for money! I would recommend this place to everyone!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Don't believe the hype!! disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Lovely surroundings, really clean and tastefully decorated. But this is where the taste ends. The menu we were presented with was vague in it's description which became irrelevant as the food was not as described in the menu. I ordered a steak with salad and chips. The steak was tasty but had a lot of gristle to take home for the dog. A lover of salad leaves, i found them bitter and inedible. My daughter ordered a cheese stuffed burger which, when arrived was a lump of meat with a burnt piece of processed cheese on top. The burger was stuffed with herbs and spices which masked the taste of the greasy beef on its soggy bun. Both meals came with chips which came from a tasty potato ruined by the thick cut and excess grease. Being dessert people, we looked forward to the end of our disappointing meal, hoping to redeem the experience. Alas it was not to be. My eton mess, a favourite of mine, was an insult to eton! A ball of yellow ice cream with A chopped strawberry, 15 blueberries, and 3 pieces of minuscule rock hard meringue bought from the co-op across the way! No cream to be seen and a tart raspberry sauce. The chocolate fudge cake for my daughter was crusty on top, with a dry sponge that certainly didn't have a fudge filling. It had a strange aftertaste resembling stale alcohol. Again accompanied by a yellow ball of ice cream and a squirt of raspberry tang. Vile. Weren't asked how our meal or dessert went. I think the server already knew. We won't be going again. Disappointed

• Visited March 2014