Being a member of the health club at our local Village Hotel we expected the same but in Liverpool. The hotel, however, is very tired which is exactly how we felt when we left.
The hotel is in need of a refurb, which from the website appears to have started but our room had yet to receive such TLC. The shower screen leaked and had clearly done so for a while. It was, however, spotlessly clean like the rest of the hotel. The staff were very professional and friendly, however, the noise from hotel guests was horrendous. We've stayed in hotels after Christmas parties etc but this was far worse than just joviality. In fairness when, after the 4th separate awakening, we eventually complained to reception, they sent someone up who professionally and diplomatically handled the matter. Not an easy or fair thing for them to need to do but it was done well. The selfishness and rudeness of hotels guests can't be helped by the hotel I guess.
The breakfast was very good and the service again also very good and professional.
Whilst we won't be returning, that's not to say that this hotel shouldn't be tried. It's pot luck what the other guests are like! We stayed on a Friday night.
The hotel is certainly good value for money but it's around 6/7 miles from the center of Liverpool and a good 10 minute drive. There's a trainline relatively close though. We chose the hotel as we use the gym at our local hotel and know how good that is particularly the classes. Unfortunately we were just to tired to try, but it looked good!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Urban Resort Liverpool is situated just 400 yards from the main junction of the M57and M62 motorways and is a great base for exploring the busy centres of Liverpool and Warrington. Located near to Whiston and Lime Street Stations it is ideal for quick access to Liverpool City Centre and Liverpool John Lennon Airport is just 8 miles away. Village Urban Resort Liverpool has 63 comfortable bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, a cafe, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Squash Court, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Village Urban Resort Liverpool reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Village Hotel, Liverpool Hotel Whiston
- Village Hotel Leisure Liverpool
- Village Hotel Whiston
- Village Urban Resort Liverpool Whiston, Merseyside