“A Great Hotel Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Village Urban Resort Liverpool

You added Village Urban Resort Liverpool to your Saves list
Village Urban Resort Liverpool
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Fallows Way | Whiston, Whiston, Knowsley L35 1RZ, England (Formerly De Vere Village Hotel, Liverpool)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whiston
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“A Great Hotel Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is a really great hotel for visiting Liverpool and very convenient being close to the M62. We had a warm welcome at Reception and the choice on the menu for the evening meal was very good. It was an excellent meal and although the restaurant was busy the staff were very friendly. Since we returned home we have told all our friends that if they are visiting Liverpool then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Danielle F, Manager at Village Urban Resort Liverpool, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear ElCemonte,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming your friends and family in the not too distant future. There are some great January offers on our website at the moment that you might want to look at.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we see you again soon.

Kind Regards,
Steven Simpson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

After reading some of the reviews on here for this hotel I was hesitant to book but it was the most convienient so I booked and I am so glad I did. What a lovely little hotel with great staff and great facilities.
Arrived at the hotel to check in, received a warm welcoming from the lady behind the desk - got told everything we needed to know and made our dinner reservation. Quick and friendly just what we wanted.
We went to our room although rooms could do with a revamp it had everything we needed and It was clean. So far so good!
After unpacking we went down to the bar - greeted at the bar by the friendly bar maid all smiles and ready to help my husband ordered a pint and I ordered a rose wine, the girl informed us of an offer for £10 rose so I went with this. £12.70 for a bottle of rose and a pint is very reasonable for a hotel so we was very happy and appreciated that we was not ripped off and was told of the offers.
Time for dinner - unsure what to expect as dinner was included in with the room!!
We couldn't of been more wrong - greeted with a friendly smile and led to our table - the maitre d gave us our menus and told us all the specials and upgrades and offers available. We ordered drinks, again the wine offer was pointed out so we went with this. The waitress came over and took our order, very friendly and knowledgeable when we asked questions. The restaurant started to fill up the staff all smiles and ready to help. The food was absolutely delicious and could not be faulted. I'd chose the eggs benedict and my husband had chicken liver pâté - very tasty and well presented, our mains followed, we had the pollock and paid £5 to upgrade to a steak - well worth it. Desserts arrived Eton mess and chocolate fondant with white chocolate ice cream - amazing! The service was quick and very friendly - they couldn't of done more for us. Only negative comment would be the restaurant could do with a bit of work on it - tables looking slightly battered and paint work needs doing.
After dinner we headed back to our room and enjoyed a great nights sleep. Breakfast in the morning was plentiful lots of choice and very tasty! Staff very friendly once again! Check out was friendly and sufficient.
I have wrote this review as credit were credit is due,so the hotel could do with a lick of paint but the staff are great! They were all fantastic and we would definitely recommend the hotel and we will be looking to return ourselves. A massive thank you to all the staff for making our weekend special!

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Christandfrank,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Tripadvisor can really influence potential future guests decisions so it's really nice that people can see what a lovely time you've had with us.

I'm really happy that you chose to book with us and enjoyed your stay. I am very lucky to have such a great team and I have passed your throughtful comments onto them.
I am aware that our hotel needs a bit of TLC in some areas and this is something we're hoping to do in the future.

Kind Regards,
Steven Simpson
Liverpool
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I wish I could give a good review, but the reason I am writing this in the hope that the hotel improve and mainly so no-one else has the awful experience we had. We booked the couple weekend, a three course meal, bed and breakfast. The menu when booking looked pretty good, with a good choice, but the restaurant was cold, the tables looked a bit grubby and the dining chair was stained. It lacked atmosphere and was 1980's drab, I thought I was in a motorway cafe (no offence mean't). The staff were okay, but not overly enthusiastic, we get a warmer welcome in our local pubs if dining. I ordered the eggs benedict to start which was okay but luke warm, the main course was a disaster lumpy garlic mash (this wasn't due to the garlic) with a chicken leg thing stuck on top and three sad cloves of garlic arranged on the side of the plate as an attempt to garnish?!! and it was cold. My husband had a very shiny!! bun it looked synthetic with a barely warm burger slapped into it. I barely ate much of mine. Dessert by this time was not giving me much hope, I was right, a chocolate pudding, burnt and microwaved to its life, which I left shrouded with my napkin like a cremation (very fitting, I thought). My husband had eaten mess which was a dish of squirty cream and not much else, as he described. Oh! and the man opposite complained of soggy fish in batter. The wine was nice, which should be at £23. The room we had was good and the bed was very comfortable. I did not want breakfast but make a quick getaway home, but My husband said we should give it a go. Reluctantly, I went to the restaurant, a member of staff waved a hand airely where everything was, didn't understand as it was rattled off, but I could see where she was pointing and got the gist. Surprisingly the breakfast was very good, there was everything a full breakfast should have and more, crossiants etc., although there was discarded chips on the floor from night before. Why was the evening meal so terrible? it really was the worst meal of our lives. Years ago we went to a function there and the food was brill and a whole hall of people where fed in one go. Has this hotel changed hands? We will never return or recommend again.

Worcester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have stayed at several other Village Hotels and thought I knew what to expect...
For starters, my satnav took me to the slip-road on the motorway in front of the hotel, with miles to drive before I actually reached the hotel, but there was no warning on the hotel website or booking confirmation about this potential hazard.
When I finally arrived at the hotel, the entrance was hard to find, with the designated hotel parking some distance from the reception entrance.
The whole hotel (and leisure centre) looked and smelt in need of a refurb or at least a deep clean.
My room was far below the normal Village standard. It smelt akin to a French Novotel room of the 1980's! The decor was tired and tatty.
The carpet was grubby, the chest of drawers was broken and the shaver socket was faulty. The loo seat was loose and skewed to the side when you sat on it.
The music in the bar was over-powering so I chose instead to eat in the restaurant, but even here there was intrusive background music. The food was reasonable but service was pretty poor.
At least the bed was comfortable, but that's about the only favourable thing I can think to say about it.
Given my company's expenses limits it is usually a treat to stay in a Village Hotel. Not so in this case.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

I have visited other Village hotels, and had expectations that it would be a reasonable quality for the price. We stayed for a weekend and had a very good deal including our breakfasts and evening meal on one night. We received a warm welcome at reception, and in general the staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were a little bit shabby but comfortable and the free wi-fi which is still far from commonplace was another tick in the box. Our evening meal was of a very good quality, plenty of choice and everything was cooked nicely. A very reasonably priced bottle of wine was recommended and set us off on the right note. Clearly, this isn't going to be high-end restaurant quality food but I would say our expectations were exceeded although the table was a little cramped and dingy. Breakfast the following day was a good selection, although the cooked breakfast could have been further improved with a vegetarian sausage option and by keeping the eggs, beans etc. all together rather than interspersed with the sausage, bacon and black pudding. The bread was cheap and nasty sliced but otherwise the options available were good. The facilities were excellent - we made use of the pool, gym, steam room and sauna and the changing rooms etc were clean, and no queue's for the treadmill. The unfortunate lasting memory though was of a very disappointing meal on the Sunday - the focus is clearly on piling the plates high, as there was plenty to eat, however the vegetarian main meal option was a mushroom stroganoff which looked and tasted frankly disgusting and was predominately rice, so not really something to go along with the rest of the hot selection. I had also asked for a few minutes warning for when my meal would be ready so that my family could head up to the carvery and I wouldn't be left to eat alone, again this was ignored. The sticky toffee pudding tasted great but was a bit cold.
So, overall, not a great endorsement, but can't fault it for value for money, and a bit more attention to detail would make all the difference!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Me and the girlfriend came to stay here for a weekend away, and to see john bishop at the echo arena. on arrival we were very impressed by the warm welcome of the staff, and the easy process of checking in. the room was lovely and clean, very well set out, bathroom was spotless.
there was noise, nothing loud enough to complain about, hotels have functions and discos etc its how they run.
best part about the room, the t.v had skysports, so while the girlfriend had a lie in on saturday i could watch soccer am and soccer saturday...FANTASTIC.
the girls in the restraunt where amazing, very polite and enjoyed a laugh. food was beautifull.
the hotel is in a perfect loctation, quite area, 10mins to liverpool city centre, 20 to trafford centre.
check out was simple, easy and the staff again were very polite and smiley.
overall really enjoyed my stay and will definatly be returning.

Room Tip: top floor has a great view into the woods, so very private