“enjoyable weekend break!!” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Doncaster
“enjoyable weekend break!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We as 4 couples stayed sat 27th and sun 28th oct on b&b plus dinner as a base whilst going to aintree races. We tried to check in at noon on way to races and managed to get 1room to leave cases until we returned(the lady on reception could do with some customer relation training,there is no need to be so blunt and unfriendly). We had a 3course dinner on a table for 8 and the quality of food and service by the restaurant staff was excellent! The rooms were very pleasant and clean. Breakfast about as good as any we have had(hot food replenished regularly). Dinner again on the sunday was top notch although service somewhat slower. All in all a most enjoyable weekend apart from 1thing-- I know that beer or lager is more expensive in hotels but to charge £7-50 for a 250ml glass of wine when you can buy the same wine in a shop at £5 a bottle is too much to bare-come on holiday inn its cost you the 5th green circle!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: get a double or twin with sofa bed and you get bigger room for same price
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Guest_Response_TA, Manager at Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Marknewson,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us.

I am pleased that the hotel was able to provide you with an early check-in, allowing you time to prepare for the races at leisure and that your dining experiences were positive.

Your feedback regarding the cost of beverages has been made available to our Head Office Food and Beverage Development team for their consideration.

I appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back to the hotel for future race dates.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Carlisle, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Had a 1 night stay here at the weekend.
Good location and nice rooms as you have to expect with the room rate you pay with holiday inn.
Good quite location off the motorway which makes it handy.
For the downside.
I prob stay in this chain of hotel once a month. And have always been pleases with the manners and service given. So much so, that I write to acknowledge this too.
But on this occasion right from checking in the staff were rude ( sorry maybe too general statement, the two I dealt with during the stay were). Right from check in we were the only ones waiting there and wIed a couple of mins for acknowledgement from a member of staff that was right across the desk from us on her computer, her greeting was a look over the top of her glasses and a ' are u ok?' Greeting.... My response was sorry I must of miss heard you. She then said can I help you, but proceeded with the check in with pure rudeness.... What's is wrong with .. Good afternoon can I assist you today... I hope you have a nice stay.
Any advice or help that was required during the stay was a burden on them and they made you feel this way.
To top it off I had forgot our toothbrushes, the hol inn promise is they will replace any toiletries essentials you forget on your stay.... Not here, I was told they were waiting for a delivery so had none great. So in future I cannot book a hol inn with full faith they will deliver. Shame.
I must say this is the first stay in the chain that has had service like this..... So buck up your ideas and learn from your colleagues else where... There is no excuse for not delivering basic amazing service, it costs nothing, you just need to want to give it.
Not to hol inn GM at haydock: Please don't give any generic ' I'm do sorry on this occasion reply rubbish'. That means nothing, just sort the service out for your future guests and give them a great customer experience, like I said it costs nothing!!! You just need to want to do it!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
Dear E E,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced during your stay.

Your feedback regarding the friendliness of staff and availability of additional toiletries has been shared with both Reception and Housekeeping Managers in order that they can take the necessary steps to improve service delivery.

I appreciate your comments and hope that you will consider us again when next in the area. Should you wish to discuss your experience further please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Oxford, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have memories of staying here in the late 90's when this property was a Forte Posthouse.

My latest stay was 2 nights in October 2012 and I booked an Executive room.

To be honest not much has changed. Rooms are the same except for a lick of paint, flat screen tv's, airconditioning and curved shower rail.

I phoned in advance and was delighted to have a 9am check-in authorised so I left Oxford at 6am.

My room neat and tidy and I was grateful for a few hours sleep as everyone else got up for work.

The mini-bar was fully stocked, the bed was very comfortable and housekeeping did not disturb me.

This hotel is very popular with the business community because of its prime location, 2 minutes from the M6.

Will I return again? Yes.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Lucky_Oxford,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the Tripadvisor website following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Haydock. Thank you for your kind words.

I’m pleased that the team reacted to your request and arranged an early check-in, allowing you to beat the traffic and catch up on a few hours sleep.

Gatineau, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

A lovely holiday inn in a rural setting. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Food was above average and typical english breakfast was good. The rooms were clean and large with two comfortable beds. The locality was rural and quiet and if one was interested near a horse race track. We stayed two nights and I would stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear 2togo45,

I’m glad that you enjoyed your two night stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Haydock.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stay at this hotel quite a bit for work and it is normally great. We ate in the restaurant and the main meals were lovely. My partner ordered an apple dessert but unfortunately this was too sour for even him to eat. We advised the waiter and it was taken off our bill. Apart from that the hotel is lovely & quiet and close to the motorway and the racecourse if required!

There is a great little pub about a 10minute walk down the road if you don't want to eat at the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear ShortieLondon,

I am pleased that your regular visits to the hotel leave a positive impression and that the restaurant team reacted well to your dessert query.

Millom, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

As usual the staff make you feel like your at home while away from it. Facilities first rate thanks for yet another great stay. Food has improved greatly over the last few months. Only thing I would say is I can not get a pillow which suits me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear William F,

It’s great to read that the staff makes your stays with us feel homely. Please let us know, at your next visit, what your preferred pillow choice is and we will upgrade your profile accordingly.

Solihull, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was told on arrival that I was booked into a smoking room and as the Hotel was fully booked thats all they

Very bad experience, smelly room, gym was old and tired, the changing rooms were musty and food choice was limited.

Top tip, dont booked into a smoking room, even the corridoor smells like a 1980 club!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Guest_Response_TA, Manager at Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear BaggieBish,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced with your room allocation during your stay. Your feedback will be taken into consideration in our efforts to provide the best service experience possible.

I appreciate your comments and hope that you will consider us again on your next travel. Should you wish to discuss your experience further please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Yours Sincerely

Operations Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23? Share your experiences!