On a recent New Year short break in the Lake District we decided to break the journey with a stop over en route. Stayed at this hotel on business and too advantage of the websites 50% off offer to book a room here rather than a Travelodge or the like.
Large comfortable room was just what we required. We arrived as a wedding was taking place in the marquee and were pleased to find our room was on the outside and not facing the marquee. No noise was experienced from the event and we were served dinner in the restaurant (meal times were reduced but this did not atffect us).
Slight grumble in that felt that the food prices were on the high side (did not opt for breakfast) and as there is nothing around in the immediate vacinity its a case of grin and bear it.
Overall an enjoyable stay and an time next morning for a shopping trip into Liverpool before continuing our drive to the Lakes
- Also Known As:
- Thistle Haydock Hotel Haydock
- Thistle Haydock Hotel
- Thistle Hotel Haydock
- Haydock Thistle Hotel
- Thistle Haydock Merseyside
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by attractive landscaped gardens and designed around a beautiful central courtyard, Thistle Haydock is a Georgian mansion-style hotel with all the modern conveniences you need whether you’re here for business or pleasure. Located between Liverpool and Manchester, and within three minutes drive of the M6 (Jct 23), we’re ideally placed for business and other events, as well as a day at the races at the neighbouring Haydock Park racecourse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Thistle Haydock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.