“Great location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Bridlington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Just back from a 2 night stay at the Expanse Hotel, Bridlington. Friendly staff, more than adequate rooms. Had a lovely sea view with balcony, was spoilt with lovely winter sunshine. Breakfast was superb, served hot and fresh. Will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed December 2013
Expanse, Public Relations Manager at Expanse Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your comments are very important to us.

We look forward to your next visit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We have just returned from a fabulous four nights at The Expanse staying in their self catering apartment called The Lookout Post. The apartment is well equipped and beautifully furnished and has marvelous sea views from the the lounge and the bedroom. The large bed is very comfortable and the apartment was nice and warm which is always welcome in winter. We liked it so much that we wanted to live there permanently!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
martonian, Owner at Expanse Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your review, yes we agree, the Lookout Post is rather special, I think quite a few of us would like to live there too ! we hope to see you again in the not too distant future.
Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

As a young couple on our first trip to Bridlington we found this hotel pleasant, clean and comfortable. The staff met our requests politely and competently and we were made to feel welcome throughout our stay. The hotel is a little way out of Bridlington centre but the walk is flat and enjoyable along the sea front and it can be nice to escape the whooping crowds.The room was of a decent size and although it was a little drafty it was easy to control the heating to meet our requirements. We found everything clean and in good working order.

For us, one of the highlights was the Marine Bar. A part of the hotel, we found this lively pub and friendly and with an excellent range of real ales at competitive prices. We ate as part of a larger function and the food was tasty and plentiful.

We would happily visit this hotel again and recommend it for young people who prefer a quieter stay away.

Room Tip: Lifts get very crowded, try a lower floor if you're going to be in and out a lot.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
martonian, Owner at Expanse Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your positive review of the hotel. Our location is second to none, whilst we believe that our staff are a credit to us. We are so very pleased that your visit to the Expanse was enjoyable and we hope to welcome you back to the Expanse soon.
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I booked the hotel via a hotel comparison site and obtained what I thought was a competitive price for a hotel of this ilk. The purpose of the visit was a family party and we found the whole experience very pleasant despite concerns raised from my parents who had stayed here previously . The room we had was number 9 and if the same room could be reserved via a comparison website I would not delay booking this hotel again. Very spacious. Balcony overlooking the beach. Superb. The food was of a decent standard at the party and although not on the menu the staff accommodated cheese and biscuits rather than sweet puddings available. I have absolutely no complaints but fear we may have been lucky and that all rooms are not of the same standard. However this is merely hearsay as my own personal experience was thoroughly enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2013
martonian, Owner at Expanse Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us We consider that we are fortunate that our staff are friendly and accommodating. We can take no credit for the wonderful seaviews from you window, that's our location. We are an independent , not chain, hotel with each of our bedrooms being different. We are constantly refurbishing, so at any given time there will be some rooms more uptodate than others. Our prices at the time of booking are always as good as, or better than, on the major national sites. If you book direct we can always make sure that you get the room that you want. Thank you again.
Beeston, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My Mum lives in Bridlington and has used The Expanse as a venue before for special events. The weekend in question was to celebrate my Mum's 90th Birthday. I was in charge of arranging the whole event and had excellent service from the staff in assisting me with the booking, This was to be a meal for 54 people.
Several of us had booked to stay overnight. On arrival I was able to get into my room early and the main member of staff ( Chelsea ) for my Mum's do was on hand to discuss things.
I have heard nothing but praise from my immediate family who stayed overnight ( 5 double rooms ). The whole evening was a huge success with many comments giving praise from the guests both on the night and in subsequent letters.
The breakfast on the Sunday was very good with plenty of choice. And may I point out that the same staff were on hand to assist.
The whole event was superb ! Lovely food, very helpful staff, great atmosphere. No request met with anything other than helpfullness !
I will definitely be back !
Many thanks to all concerned

Room Tip: Sea view some have a small balcony too
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
martonian, Owner at Expanse Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear that your mum's 90th went so well. Please wish your mum many more big birthdays to come. We hope to see you asgain at the Expanse.
Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Myself, my mum and my 2 sons were booked in for Sunday lunch. Both my mum and various members of my family are regular visitors to the Expanse and stay regularly. Firstly the service was great and the staff were very helpful. The food was lovely and all plates were cleared. Its great because you can choose from just a single course up to 3 courses which suited all 4 of us.

The quality of food was fantastic as was the variety and choice. My mum is very bad on her feet an unable to walk any great distance and we asked a couple of members of staff that my mum knew if there was anywhere in the town where we could hire a wheelchair from. After a few enquiries we were told because of the time of year the hotel was fairly quiet and allowed us to hire a wheelchair directly from them, even though we weren't stopping there.

We would like to thank Chelsea and Stephen for all there kindness which made our holiday complete.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
martonian, Owner at Expanse Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you all enjoyed your meal and that our staff were helpful and understanding towards your mum. We hope to see you all again soon.
Staffordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I planned to meet for the weekend in Bridlington, as they live in Hartlepool and we live in Staffordshire it seemed a good location to meet. I was a little dubious about staying at the Expanse after reading some poor review about the staff and quality of the rooms. However, our friends had already booked at the Expanse so we decided to go along with them.
Was it as good or as bad as the reviews that I had read?
well, let's start with the reception: the receptionist on arrival was perfectly amiable and very helpful. The restaurant: we only had the included breakfast here and on the first morning we all had the full English which I must say was excellent. there was plenty of tea, coffee and toast delivered to the table. My wife thought that the bacon could have done with a little more cooking but, you will never please everyone. The staff were very polite, happy and helpful.
The Rooms: Dirty? Tired? in need of a refurb? Not a chance! Our room was fantastic with a balcony and sea view. Everything was clean and tidy and the maids were in every day. The bathroom was modern and spotless. Our friends room was equally as nice but no sea view.
Downstairs there were a couple of day rooms which were quiet, comfortable and warm should you wish to use them. The Marine bar is on the ground floor and although it is open to the public was fantastic. Serving real ale was a huge bonus for me as I don't do lager. The food in the bar was very nice and reasonably priced. The staff here were also cheerful and pleasant.
So Mr manager what do you need to do? Take no notice of the moaners you will get them everywhere and they will never be happy. Keep running your hotel the way it is it's great and so are your staff. Would we stay there again? You bet! Oh! The free wi fi was terrific.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
martonian, Owner at Expanse Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your positive review. It can be so much more effort to write a positive review, than to put off until there is something to complain about. We are so pleased that you all enjoyed your stay and also the Marine Bar. It is usually the staff, not the fixtures, that make a hotel. Pleased to hear that we have achieved this. We hope to see you all in the future, don't forget that you will always get the best rate if you book direct with us rather than through another site.

Been to Expanse Hotel? Share your experiences!