“Business trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bestworth House

and 1 more site!
You added Bestworth House to your Saves list
Bestworth House
5.0 of 5 Guest house   |   51 - 53 High Street, Bridlington YO16 4PR, England   |
Ranked #2 of 117 Bridlington B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Business trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

A little hard to find but a phone call and the owner was out on the street waving to me.
Absolutely fantastic.
Will definately come back again and I am recommending to everyone I know.
Breakfast was amazing.Beautiffully cooked and server in a great atmosphere.
Would love to have heard David playing the piano
Cannot recommend highly enough.
Brian Helliwell

Room Tip: Go for the garden room the bath and shower are ammazing
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
David C, Owner at Bestworth House, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Hi Brian,
Thanks for the great review. We're always grateful when people share their positive experiences of Bestworth House. And there is certainly the distinct possibility that you will hear me on the piano on a future visit - or possibly even singing if you're really unfortunate!
David and Helen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This place is a must if in Bridlington. Or the next four surrounding towns (It's worth the drive). I was there for two nights for work but will definitely be coming back for a holiday. Rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. And the breakfast is exactly what you would imagine a perfect English breakfast would be. But better. Even the restaurant next door is amazing. Anyway, just stay here already. Stop looking at other reviews.

• Stayed January 2013
David C, Owner at Bestworth House, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I've passed on your kind words to the staff at Ellie Mae's Restaurant next door. And we're so glad you enjoyed your breakfast - and although we try to give the best breakfast possible, I'm not sure that we're better than perfect! We both look forward to meeting you again next time you are travelling through this corner of England.

Dudley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

The best worth was perfect for us! It was near everything that we wanted. The room was to die for and oh...the whirlpool bath!!! :). David and Helen made us feel right at home ? Breakfasts were amazing with a nice variety. Beautifully decorated. We got lucky and got to hear David playing piano while daughter Laura sang on Christmas night, the need to go big time!!!! Thank you again for looking after us over the Christmas break. Will definitely be back! Pam & Colin x

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
David C, Owner at Bestworth House, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. And I'm glad you enjoyed the music - although I suspect Laura's singing was somewhat more impressive than my attempts on the piano! Thank you again, and we look forward to your next visit. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us.
sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Quite simply I never realised Bridlington had such a nice place to stay. Not only was the house beautiful but the owners went out of their way to make it feel like a home from home. David even shared his recipe for lemon curd with me. I've tried it since. It works! The room was beautiful and the bedding was the best quality. I felt like a princess in that bed. We must return when the weather's nice. Emma and Doug

• Stayed October 2012
David C, Owner at Bestworth House, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thanks for spending the time writeyour review. Its great, and we really do appreciate it. I'm glad the lemon curd worked out for you! We both look forward to meeting you again, and I'll make sure we have the sun booked next time!

Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We recently stayed here and were so impressed with everything about this B&B. The garden room is lovely, such a comfy bed and wonderful bathroom. Everything was very clean and up to very high standards. Breakfast was fantastic, great range of choice and cooked perfectly. The owners were incredibly welcoming and accommodating. This place is well worth a visit and is worth every penny.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
David C, Owner at Bestworth House, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for the great review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We really liked this place & if we stay in Bridlington again we'll go back. There are only 2 rooms at the moment & we had the cheaper "green" room. Even though the bathroom was not en suite (it was directly opposite the room) we didn't mind because in every other way this place was great - note I gave 5 Stars for most things. The other room has en suite.

The room & bathroom were both really tastefully (and newly) decorated to a higher standard than you often get for this price. Nice details & quality fixtures throughout. The whole house is really nice actually. The owner Dave was a nice bloke who even offered us a lift into town and that brings me to the breakfast!

Breakfast (cooked by Dave) you order the night before - the place only takes 4 guests! Without going on about it there is a classic menu (I had full English & my wife had scrambled egg & smoked salmon!) & the quality was outstanding including the all important coffee. Its very rare to get a hotel breakfast this good.

I could write an essay so here's the other things we liked: nice and quiet, nice furnishings including massive telly & touch operated lamps. The bed was good, the bedding very nice quality. Location is good but you are a 20 minute walk from the seafront.

My only quibble was the wifi wasn't playing ball while we were there. I never got round to telling the owner.

This is a great place to stay. I don't usually write reviews unless something has really impressed me.

• Stayed November 2012
David C, Owner at Bestworth House, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your fantastic (and very thorough!) review. I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay.

And sorry the wifi wasn't working! I'll make sure I keep a closer eye on it in the future.

Thank you once again, and I hope to see you on your next trip to Bridlington.

Grimsby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

returned today having stayed for the scooter rally weekend and didnt want to leave !!!
garden suite is beautiful and i had the best 2 nights sleep ever thanks to the luzourious bed with memory foam mattress and eygptian cotton bed linen , weve staying in many b&bs and hotels and this place beat everywhere hands down,they say you get what you pay for and this proved that for me, it was well worth the little extra we payed compared to friends staying in other b&bs nearby, made to feel most welcome,owners are lovely,breakfast superb huge menu you are spoilt for choice,the homemade lemon curd was to die for,and the soft bath with jets is a must,we loved it and will definitley return next year. thankyou mr & mrs godley :)

Room Tip: garden suite is a must for any couple
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
David C, Owner at Bestworth House, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review. I'm thrilled you had such a good time. Hopefully we will make it even better next year as we're going to try out providing complementary luxury transport into and out of town for both the Scooter weekend and a couple of the other big events.

Hope you have a great year, and we look forward to seeing you again next October.

Kindest regards,

David and Helen

Been to Bestworth House? Share your experiences!