“quality” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 139 restaurants in Bridlington
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: This is a brand new restaurant grill thats opened. I hoped to review it.
yorkshire-uk
“quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Really high quality fodder. Its all fresh, and not a frozen sausage in sight. I had an amazing Ribeye, and the others had burgers, a chilli, and a vegi option. All were really good. Nice decor too, suprising as Brid can be a bit tatty. Highly recommended.

88% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“Great Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Our second trip to this place. We have two small children and love it that you can get a buggy in easily without feeling that you are in the way. Last time we had chips but this time we thought we'd go for a steak as the barman told us they were from a local butcher. We decided to treat ourselves and were glad we did. Whilst it's not cheap you'd pay so much more elsewhere for steak of that quality - in fact we rarely choose steak for this reason. Kids meals were great too - finally somewhere that will do them a cheese toastie! Thanks

Leeds England
“Wow, a hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I stumbled across the Funny Onion after walking away from the Bridlington front, & I'm so glad I did. This place is fantastic, more restraunt quality than pub grub. Wonderfully decorated, very friendly staff & the food, especially the fish & chips were much better quality & cheaper than the local fish restraunt. If you want a drink or a good quality meal then I definitely recommend this place. It is a little bit away from the front but worth the extra 5 minutes walk. It's suitable for everyone & has a mix of families, couples & pensioners. The menu caters for all tastes including steaks & combos, & there is also a smaller portion menu available. There's a lovely courtyard that catches the sun if you want a relaxing drink outside. I recommended this place if you fancy going a little bit upmarket without paying a high price.

“Lovely Restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We dined at the Funny Onion over the bank holiday and was very happy with the food and service we received. It's a shame the restaurant only had a few diners in but this didn't spoil our evening. I had the fillet steak which was cooked to perfection and was one of the best steaks I've ever had. All the staff we came across where friendly and attentive without being over bearing. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leeds, United Kingdom
“You wouldn't think that brid could actual have a trendy nice place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Visited this to celebrate my sons birthday good service, excellent decoration and it feels like a trendy big city restaurant rather than brid. Trust me most places in brid are rough or cheap or both. They even apologise on the menu for it being expensive due to fresh products been used. The menu choices are good mainly steak / meat based but are reasonably priced. The speed of service was fast but this could have been down to it only being half full. The quality of the food was excellent and I could have happily have stuffed down me again I enjoyed my fillet steak so much. This is a hidden gem in the slag heap of poor quality that usually befits brids eating options. Give it s try its worth it

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere