“Great fish and chips” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 140 restaurants in Bridlington
Cuisines: English, Pizza, Fast Food, Fish & Chips
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
Description: Oldest established fish and chip take away shop in Bridlington, Richard has owned Gabbys since 2001 and is proud of how over the years has gone from strength to strength. We have all the usual chip shop food from cod, haddock, chips to sausages and fish cakes, we also have the slightly less common battered black pudding, corned beef fritters and onion rings and the we come to the unusual...Battered pizza, battered haggis and Mattersons smoked sausage (amazing with curry sauce!), Whist on the subject of curry you may be surprised to discover we do 4 different types -chip shop, Chinese, Irish and Yorkshire! We also have 2 types of Gravy -chip shop and onion! We have a huge range of choice starting at just 30p if you have a few people needing a quick cheap meal our family bags of chips are just £4 which is one of our best sellers! There is a specials board in the chippy where you'll find our new ideas to try - our newest addition which is extremely popular is Italiano Chips - chips smothered in cheese and topped with our secret recipe Italian sauce! Overall we try our best to keep the portions large, quality high and prices rock bottom!
York, United Kingdom
“Great fish and chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Good food, good service and good value every time! Big fish loads of chips best ever value in Bridlington!

Visited July 2013

96% Recommend
Selby, United Kingdom
“As good as it gets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Called in after finding gabby's at my third attempt. This really was worth searching. the biggest and best cod I have had in a long time. Friendly welcome to say it was my first time. As others have said I was asked on arrival what fish and how big. I will be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

You have to travel a long way to beat Gabbys Chippy. Prices are good, especially for the portion sizes. And this is NOT a case of quantity over quality, as I have never had a bad meal from Gabbys yet!
It's unfair to name other, inferior establishments in reviews, so I won't stoop to that level. But suffice to say I would take Gabbys food over the muck at certain other fish and chip shops any day!
I even know of people who travel across town just to come to Old Town for Gabbys fish and chips.
Keep up the good work! Don't change a thing!

Bridlington, United Kingdom
“excellent value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

called in last night and got our usual 2fish and 1 chips (you only need 1 portion when having large fish ). Rich cooked fish fresh to order.love his batter. not greasy and chips were great too.
got all this and some peas for just over £8
easy parking right opposite the shop.
staff really friendly and helpful.
tried 149 once but half hour queue to get served to get a small medium fish for £4 is not worth the wait and parking anywhere near is almost impossible.
back to Gabbys for us everytime

Bridlington, United Kingdom
“Really the best there is!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have tried many Chippys in Bridlington, and this really is the best, I've just seen the below review pointed out on facebook, I've never read such trash! How can a fish be refried when on entering the shop your asked straight away which fish and what size you want and then wait whilst its cooked to order....smells fishy to me!
More onto my review...I come here every week without fail, I have 3 kids and they love Gabbys meals, they actually choose it over McDonald's! I get large haddock chips and peas the fish is beautiful, white flakey fillets, moist with a golden batter, the chips are currently new potatoes, this is my favourite time of year because of this, yummy, slightly soggy golden chips and topped with scraps and lashings of vinegar, my favourite meal of the week by far! last week I got to try the Yorkshire curry for free, never had curry on my fish before, but is something I'm going to try again. You really do need to ignore the negative reviews as I doubt very much that any of them have even set foot there!