“overpriced and awful” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sandown Restaurant & Cafe'

Sandown Restaurant & Cafe'
2 Prince Street | or 2-4 Cliff Street, Bridlington, England
Improve this listing
Ranked #72 of 150 Restaurants in Bridlington
Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“overpriced and awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

my wife and I visited here two week ago as recommended by the in laws..served by a very loud lady.pleasant but loud..food was small and overpriced and to pay £1.40 for a can of coke was disgraceful..my wife's coffee was dishwater..even my son didn't want any of the chips we couldn't eat. .food was rushed to us and it seemed they wanted us out asap..won't return as we can't afford to pay over ten quid for egg and chips twice and a can of crap coke and dishwater. .

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
don733, Owner at Sandown Restaurant & Cafe', responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I have read your review and can only come to the conclusion you do not go out much, to say we are expensive is a joke your meals both came accompanied with a free hot drink and you son who did not eat but had a can of pop was then offered your left overs and you are supprized he didn't want to eat it had you purchased a childs meal for him a free soft drink would also have accompanied his meal and if you had said there was a problem I am quite confident my staff would have done there best to rectify the problem however I don't believe there was a problem in this case I believe you just like to complain after the fact. Obviously your inlaws do enjoy our cafe as they recommended you to us .

Ayrshire, Scotland
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had small breakfast and it was superb. Excellent service, very friendly even when we went in the wrong door. Value for money too and really glad we visited here.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review we are pleased you enjoyed your breakfast in our cafe if you are in the area another time we also have a restaurant where we serve a variety of roast lunches and other meals at only £5.95 all are accompanied with 4 different vegetables roast and mashed potatoes and our chefs homemade gravy .
Pickering, United Kingdom
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We must have hit a 'bad seam' on our visit on Tuesday from looking at other reviews. Three of us dined there after convincing my wife to go there rather than our regular f&c restaurant round the corner. The tuna salad was no more than a tablespoon of tuna accompanied by bed of lettuce with a few slithers of tomato & cue, etc. Fish small by comparison but tasted ok, accompanied by a small handful of chips. Pepsi for my wife was served in a kid's plastic beaker. Son's scampi was not bad at 9 pieces. Good cup of tea. Other reviews talk about the friendly lady on the counter, but I really don't like being shouted at! However, not bad for what we paid.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
don733, Owner at Sandown Restaurant & Cafe', responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hi I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your meals our salads priced at £5.45 consist of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, beet root,grated carrot, sweet corn, red and yellow peppers, hard boiled egg coleslaw and hot new potatoes as well as either tuna, Yorkshire ham, hand carved beef or turkey breast so I feel for you to say a table spoon of tuna and slithers of tomato ect was unfair to say . Our fish served in our cafe is 8 oz in weight and may be your fillet didn't look as large as other fish you have had in fish & chip shop restaurants but it could our that our batter is light and crisp not thick and thick batter can give you the impression your fish is larger than it actually is. We are pleased you enjoyed the Whitby whole tail scampi but to state awfull is unjustified as you state not bad for what you have paid we do sell larger fish in our restaurant just around the corner as well as fresh bridlington crab and lobster salads
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Great value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We chose this place for lunch while visiting Bridlington after reading previous Trip Advisor reviews and we were not disappointed. The staff are so friendly and welcoming and nothing is too much trouble for them. The food is nicely presented and good value. I had fish and chips and my husband had burger and chips and we couldn't believe that our entire bill came to less than £15! The Sandown Cafe definitely deserves its reputation for quality food and great value for money.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
don733, Owner at Sandown Restaurant & Cafe', responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Hi thank you for your honest review and we are pleased you enjoyed you meals and we are pleased you felt we are good value and hope to see you both again soon when you are next in bridlington
Driffield, United Kingdom
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I always go to the Sandown with my hubby if he has a day off and we end up in Bridlington. It's the best place in town that has nearby parking, friendly staff and the food is always well cooked, generous portions and great value.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
don733, Owner at Sandown Restaurant & Cafe', responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your review we are pleaed to here you enjoy at day at Bridlington when away from work and call in for your meals and we hope to see you again soon donna