“never want to see the place again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Seagulls

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bridlington
Seagulls
You added Seagulls to your Saves list
South Shore Holiday Village, Bridlington YO15 3QN, England   |
Special Rate
Weekends for £90 for 4
yorkee in lancs
“never want to see the place again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

On approaching the building we were met by 4or5 smelly bins,on opening the main door ,to the right was an old broken wardrobe, and the place looked in need of a good clean.Entering the flat was very difficult the handle was very stiff [ my wifecould not open it].The Television was very small,and the picture did not fill the screen there was a 2inch black stripe at the top and bottom and the d.v.d did not work [The ownerhad left a note saying that she could not get the T.V.etc to work properly.We could not get the heating to work [no instructions for the boiler) the Halagen heater was damaged and did not work the cooker rings would not regulate. This is the worst holiday that we have ever had and its all due to this Flat.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
RuthBainbridge, Owner at Seagulls, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
I am very sorry this customer did not contact me when he first discovered he couldn't work the TV/DVD or the heating. I would have very happily shown him, and can give assurances that both were checked and working both before and after their stay. I supply comprehensive instructions as I do not live on site, and urge all guests to contact me so I can resolve their issues.

Unfortunately rubbish bins do, by their very nature, smell. There simply is nowhere else to put them. The communal entrance hall is used by all the visitors to the building and we try our best to maintain it.

I urge all interested parties to visit my website www.seagullsatbridlington.co.uk to read the numerous positive experiences the many of my guests have made to me personally. This review is in no way whatsoever representative of the views of the majority of visitors to Seagulls.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

Looks great from the website and great customer service from the start, we arrived at the outside of the flats, it looks very shabby from the roadside, a small decking area welcomes you with a row of smelly rubbish bins which isnt very pleasing.
We opened the front door to the flats and found the yale lock hanging off the door and it looked like it had been forced by someone, we got into the hall area this wasnt very plesant and untidy with a old pushchair blocking most of the hallway,we now opened the flat door and walked into a large room, on first inspection it looked ok but not the 'High standards' described on the web page!
Looking around the flat we found that certain roof spot light bulbs wasnt working, the freezer had a hand writen note on it 'broken do not use' the bathroom door was broken and would close, every bit of kitchen ware eg plates cups etc needed to be washed and bleached, the washing machine smelt when you opened the door, the small fridge would not keep chilled correctly, the whole place needed a deep clean and we decided to contact the owner to point out some of the above.
I rang the owner as i pointed out the problem with the cleanliness of her flat and the broken front door lock, i was bombared with aggressiveness and denial plus excusses towards my comments, I was very dissapointted and would not spend this type of money on this flat again, if all the above could have been right this is a nice place and very central to everything in Bridlington.
This is a true and honest account of the stay we had at seagulls and yes we didnt not stay for our full 2 weeks stay and did come home early!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
RuthBainbridge, Owner at Seagulls, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Over a year after this review was written, I remember this customer very well indeed. My cleaner had had a heart attack the night before these visitors arrived. I had cleaned this and other properties personally. I fully admit that I am not the best cleaner in the world, hence employing professional staff. However, I did my best under the circumstances. I was neither rude nor aggressive, but naturally very worried about my cleaner, who was rushed to hospital only hours before.

I appreciate the positive comments about the location and the fact that it is a 'nice place' as this does reflect the views of the majority of visitors, as per my guestbook and website www.seagullsatbridlington.co.uk

Ruth Bainbridge
owner, Seagulls

Been to Seagulls? Share your experiences!