“They know their fish and chips” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #98 of 141 Restaurants in Bridlington
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Description: We have been providing fish and chips since 1973, our aim is to provide great food, great service at a great price
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“They know their fish and chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have eaten here many times and thought it was about time that I did the review. The one thing that the delay in reviewing has done is to let me say that the standard of the food does not change, it is always high. I will usually order the special which is fish, chips, peas, slice of bread and butter with a pot of tea. This costs about £8.50 and, even for an old boy that can truly eat, there is plenty to go at. I think that you can get a smaller portion for a couple of quid less that they call pensioners special but I don't think that they ask for your birth certificate or count your wrinkles.

Invariably I visit Bridlington in the winter months and I find the position of this restaurant very appealing. It is always warm and cosy inside and at the correct tables you can look out over the harbour or the acres of beach down towards Hornsea.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Best Fish and Chips I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My friend and I decided to go this restaurant the day before we were going to go back to Leeds.
After looking at the menu my friend decided on scampi and chips and i decided on Jumbo Haddock and Chips. When my friends meal arrived there was plenty on the plate and it looked gorgeous. I was not disappointed either when my meal came i thought how am i going to get through all this food, The Fish was so fluffy and melt in the mouth the chips were cooked well and golden brown. Price was what i would accept from a place in Bridlington as your getting the best quality. The staff were nice. All in all i would say that the fish and chips were better than Harry Ramsdens.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good fish, expensive bread!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Delicious fish and chips, but don't ask for extra bread! At 35pence a slice that is one pricey loaf of bread! Let's say the loaf is a 24 slicer, that would mean the loaf is £8.40! Not a bad profit, probably make more on bread (and butter!) than they do on fish!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Very good fish and chips cooked fresh to order, very efficient and friendly service, would recommend and will definitely go again

Toronto
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I dined in the restaurant and found the food to be very average, the service was provided by a bored but pleasant waitress, I mean, after all this is a budget meal I got more or less what I expected, nothing more nothing less.

• Visited December 2012