“Super food, Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 150 Restaurants in Bridlington
Cuisines: Seafood, Fish & Chips
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: A small restaurant specialising in serving top-quality, mostly locally sourced fish and seafood, simply. We believe that the freshness and quality of our seafood is best served without fancy sauces, we prefer to let the fish do the talking! We pride ourselves in the warmth and friendliness of our welcome and are always willing to bend over backwards to ensure the customer experience is second to none.
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Super food, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Best fish I've had ..... that I haven't cooked myself ...... in ages! Seafood platter, stuffed seabass, decent plonk, all with excellent service in fine surroundings. Patrick even recommended the route for our coast walk the following day.
We'll be back on our next trip to Brid. Thanks!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
patrickBridlington, Manager at Naked Fish, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We are proud of the local sea food we sell, the customer service we provide and the lovely East Yorkshire coast. I hope you enjoyed your walk as much as the meal you ate.
We look forward to seeing you again, thanks again,

york
“A top meal experience that deserves to succeed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I like this place.
It takes fish & chips to a different level while still retaining the good bits. Namely, a large variety of fish and shellfish with the emphasis on locally sourced fresh produce with the benefit of cracking chips and crispy batter (where appropriate).
Whilst disappointed initially to find they had run out of locally caught fresh lobster (the price one pays for locally sourced, fresh produce) I was delighted with the scallops I had to start and followed with an excellent dish of mussels in white wine & garlic sauce. My wife enjoyed her crispy halibut - meaty and tasty in a light batter.
Wine at £15 was, I felt, a little expensive for a house wine but otherwise good value for the quality of food.
As an aside I was amused and saddened to overhear a conversation at the take away counter involving a young woman (bit of a Chav I'm afraid') ordering cod and chips. As it was late they had sold all their cod so offered the 'lady' battered haddock or whiting 'fresh caught today'. "I only eat cod" was the reply as the young lady left empty handed, unwilling to try something different. 5 minutes later an elderly lady entered who was obviously a regular visitor. "Am I too late?" She asked. "No Mrs 'B', I've got a lovely bit of fresh cod saved for you" ....
Love it!
A place that deserves do well. Here's hoping there's enough demand to keep it busy.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed your meal with us. All our customers are very important to us and we strongly believe that excellent customer care coupled with superb food is our recipe for success and a happy restaurant.
Thanks again,
“Best by far!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Me and a friend went here three days ago and everything about the place was fantastic. The owner, even though constantly working, greeted everyone warmly and we were made to feel very welcome straight away. The food itself was, simply, the best I've ever had. The presentation was good but the actual taste was outstanding and even though the portions were huge the lightness of the fish and the quality of the chips made it easy to finish.
Highly recommended!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bridlington
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have just returned from the first of what promises to be many visits to the Naked Fish, the lunch was delicious, perfect white fish cooked in quality crisp batter. The service was also second to none with warm friendly staff, willing to go that extra mile.

While I was there an older lady came in a little upset at her friend having lost her son, the staff where ever so kind and gentle with her, one of them popping out on an errand on this ladies behalf to deliver a deepest sympathy card for her.

This is what I call excellent customer care, a business that deserves to do well

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
patrickBridlington, Manager at Naked Fish, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to post a review of our restaurant.
At Naked Fish, we firmly believe customer service is a vital part of the dining experience and our customers are very important to us. We are pleased you enjoyed your meal and the service the staff provided.
We look forward to seeing you again soon,
Many thanks again,
Patrick's
“Shop around”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Looked on inernet for a fish resturaunt in bridligton.really wanted lobster they didnt have any!!!
Had scallop starter with choritzo which was lovely main.fish was nice chips overcooked and tastless.........beware deals for 2 for 14 pounds..we paid 32...much to my husbands annoyance.waitrs friendy but didnt point out offers

• 4 of 5 stars Food
patrickBridlington, Manager at Naked Fish, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post a review of our restaurant. I'm sorry we didn't quite come up to your expectations. All our fish is fresh and mostly local and sadly on the day of your visit we had been unable to source any of our local lobster. This sometimes happens as we are dependent on local fishermen and weather.
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your chips, the vast majority of our customers both in the restaurant and take-away really enjoy them. As regards the cost of your meal, the offers/ deals are clearly displayed in our menu and I am sorry I did not have time to specifically point them out to you. The "2 for£14' deal is certainly an ample portion but not as large as the regular haddock, chips and mushy peas you had at £9.95. It should be added that your bill for £32 did also include starters and drinks.
Anyway, I hope you visit us again and,if you ring us a little in advance, we can guarantee to have some lovely, fresh local lobster for you.
Best wishes,