Everything was fine here and, from the look of it, getting better. The Swan is under new ownership and its restaurant was a distinct improvement on our last visit a few years ago. The rooms are still awaiting a refurb (due to happen in 2014, I think) and will doubtless benefit from it. All in all, this is a very acceptable place to stay without being in any way special or spectacular. My only gripes were the number of dishes unavailable on the menu at dinner, and the coffee at breakfast (which was disgusting).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in an idyllic location, The Swan at Streatley on the banks of the river Thames in the picturesque Berkshire village of Streatley, has been welcoming guests since the 1700's. With 39 bedrooms and suites, a newly renovated Riverside Restaurant and a relaxed bar and terrace along with The Gym and Beauty Rooms, The Swan is a place to relax, socialise, eat great food and enjoy the river and countryside. Guests and locals can also enjoy the Boat House Cafe & Deli (see our separate listing) offering British artisan produce and light refreshments. The hotel also offers conference and banqueting facilities and remains one of the most popular scenic locations for weddings in Berkshire and Oxfordshire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Swan at Streatley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swan At Streatley Hotel Streatley On Thames
- Swan At Streatley On Thames
- Swan Streatley Hotel