Excellent restaurant, beautiful location and spacious rooms, but little else to recommend it.
The room's decor was dated and the bathroom particularly tired, with a shower which leaked more water out of the sides than came out of the nozzle.
The lights were mostly unplugged or switched off at the socket when we arrived, but most depressingly of all the room was stiflingly hot even with the windows open. With the hotel's location providing virtually guaranteed custom, and charging (in our case) £110 per night, I'd expect them to provide air conditioning.
As a result, we had to open the windows and were kept awake by noisy music from a function in the hotel until about midnight, then woke to the sound of noisy machinery (from, I think, the adjacent churchyard) at 6.30am (on a weekend). The people of Streatley presumably don't care about the visitors coming to spend money in their village!
We were disappointed that breakfast wasn't included and would cost the best part of £15.
In summary, visit the Swan for a meal but stay in a roadside chain hotel for better accommodation at a third of the price. Such places may not have any character, but at least you'd be able to sleep.
- Also Known As:
- Swan At Streatley Hotel Streatley On Thames
- Swan At Streatley On Thames
- Swan Streatley
- Swan At Streatley Hotel
- Swan Streatley Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in an idyllic location, The Swan at Streatley on the banks of the river Thames in the picturesque Berkshire village of Streatley, has been welcoming guests since the 1700's. With 39 bedrooms and suites, a newly renovated Riverside Restaurant and a relaxed bar and terrace along with a gym and treatment rooms, The Swan is a place to relax, socialise, eat great food and enjoy the river and countryside. Guests and locals can also enjoy the newly opened Boat House Cafe & Deli (see our separate listing) offering British artisan produce and light refreshments. The hotel also offers conference and banqueting facilities and remains one of the most popular scenic locations for weddings in Berkshire and Oxfordshire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Swan at Streatley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.