“Disappointing third visit” 2 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Church Lane, Tankersley S75 3DQ, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
“Disappointing third visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I loved this hotel and all the memories I have of it but the evening meal was disastrous. Food served on the bone when stated "off the bone, vegetables hard and very cold, drink order all wrong. Even though there was plenty off staff we still has 1hr half wait between 2 courses. Five different waiters/waitresses served our table and were pleasant but the food let it down. I will no longer be visiting here for my wedding anniversary, such a shame.

• Stayed February 2014
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Guest

I was sorry to read of your disappointment during your recent visit with us and I wish that you had raised any problems that you had with the team so that we could have rectified this for you.

I do hope that you will try us again so that we can restore your faith in us.

Hayleigh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Coventry, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is my first hotel review and I stop in hotels regularly for both leisure & business, my experience was so disappointing, I have felt compelled to share. We stopped at this hotel for 2 nights, and were looking forward to it immensely. The staff were brilliant, friendly, attentive & very pleasant. We had booked our first night as dinner, bed & breakfast. Having arrived early, we also decided to have lunch....having chosen from a delicious sounding menu, I am sorry to say lunch was awful....bland, tasteless & dry as if cooked the day before. We carefully chose our evening meal, ordering rare steak knowing it would be fresh....it arrived well done & again a tasteless meal. I must emphasise that the staff were fantastic, but dining here should be avoided, not remotely on the radar of a 4* hotel & would not return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review where I was delighted to read that all the team looked after you well but I am sorry that you felt left down by the lunch and dinner.

I have passed on your comments to our team and a new menu has since been launched in our Brasserie

I hope that we will see you again so that you can experience a more positive dining experience

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Conveniently close to M1 exit, but far away from anything else. So need to drive around if you want to avoid bar/restaurant, which is depressing. Rooms are OK but dull and lack of freshness. Staff is friendly though. Spa is unspectacular

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Guest

Sorry to read that we did not wow you during your recent stay with us. We have a variety of rooms at the hotel and I am sure our reception team would have loved to have shown you alternatives should you not have been happy with your allocaed room.

I do hope we get to welcome you back to the hotel

Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Had a wonderful Spa Day Saturday 1st March. We started off with our breakfast in the Brasserie. The sausage sandwich was very nice, our waitress Bev, she's was a super star, she made us feel very special, and told us what to expect from our day and it didn't disappoint . We used the gym and pool and then returned to the Brasserie where the same waitress again looked after us. Nothing was too much trouble for her. Our treatments in the afternoon finished off our day perfectly.
We will come back for another Spa Day at Tankersley Manor.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
ear Guest

Thank you for your fabulous review of your Spa day with us on 1st March. It was fantastic to read that you enjoyed your day and I will pass on your kind comments to Bev and the team that looked after you.

Warm regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

had the most wonderful experience at Tankersley manor. The staff were very attentive and most of all very welcoming nothing was to much trouble. spa break was very good value for money would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your amazing review where I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your Spa break with us.

I hope we see you again soon

Best wishes

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband, myself and our two daughters stayed in February 2014 and ate in the bar/brasserie for a birthday celebration. The hotel, reception, bedrooms, pool and breakfast were good and up to the standard expected of a four-star hotel. The dining experience, however was disappointing. We found the bar/brasserie dark and drab with service somewhat disorganised, despite there only being about 16 - 20 people dining. Food was very ordinary and expensive for what it was. Could recommend the hotel for a night but not for evening dining.
Sorry!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments following on from your recent stay with us where I was sorry to learn that you were disappointed with certain aspects of your stay. your comments will be shared with the team so that we can learn from your expereinces.

Warm regards

Doncaster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

we stayed here on a spa break and apart from being minimal seating around the pool the spa was OK. The room we stayed in looked out directly to a stone wall a meter away from the window. The food was most disapointting. The price of the food didn't reflect the quality. It wasn't as described in the menu and let the evening down. The breakfast however was brilliant and couldn't be faulted. Don't think I would hurry back here to stay.

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review of your Spa break where I was disappointed to read that you felt the food price did not reflect the quality.

I was pleased to read that you thought we served a great breakfast, we have recently reviewed our breakfast offering and it was good to see that this has been appreciated by our guests.

Hayleigh

Been to Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels? Share your experiences!