“Number 1 for a reason!” 5 of 5 stars

1,225 reviews 1,225 reviews
3,609 helpful votes 3,609 helpful votes
“Number 1 for a reason!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Ordered a Friday night takeaway for delivery, as not had a curry from here for a while. Prompt delivery & complementary poppadom's.
Lamb chops starter, followed by a spicy Chicken Madras. All delicious. Top place for a curry.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cardamom_Lounge, Manager at Cardamom Lounge, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Hi Chris

lankyandi
“Excellent Food. Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Visited here on a Sunday and opted for the 4 courses for £9.95 I had the mixed kebab for starter which was really nice, then I had chicken jalfrezi for main with pilau rice, on there online menu it says in the 4 courses you get a side order of Bombay aloo or chana masala which was never offered to us and the coffee or ice cream option we had to ask for and it was seemingly given to us resentfully. Don't get me wrong, the food we had was really nice and would recommend anyone to eat here as the food was at a very high standard, but if you advertise an offer its best to honour the offer in full if someone requests it and/or update your online menu if the offer has changed, which I'm assuming is the case as the menu in the restaurant was different from the online one. But even without the side order £9.95 was very cheap for the standard of food and will be going here again. Would have to agree that it has the edge on all the other Indians I've been to.

Visited January 2014
Cardamom_Lounge, Manager at Cardamom Lounge, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Hi there

Thanks for coming to try us out and making the effort to leave us a review. We appreciate all feedback and take all comments on board to improve as a team and business. Sorry if nobody asked you if there was anything else you wanted to order. This could have been a genuine mistake but from our experience, when taking orders we are usually under the assumption the customers know what to order. Some people over order and food goes to waste so we allow the customers to choose what they want to eat. We have had a staff meeting abut this and your comments have helped us manage this better. We're all very glad to know you enjoyed your food so thank you and hope to see you again.

“Recommend to anyone!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Me and my boyfriend have been on a number of times and the food and service has always been excellent. The food is gorgeous and the best we have tried. The staff are brilliant too and derserve to be recognised for all the hard work they do. Well done guys!

Brad & Nicola

Cardamom_Lounge, Manager at Cardamom Lounge, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Hi Nicola

Thank you for letting us know how your experience was. It is really inspiring to hear such feedback which keeps us working harder in our continuous strive for excellence. We appreciate your custom and look forward to your next visit. Say hello to Brad from us!

“Nice indian food ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Went here after reading the amazing reviews. The food was nice but not the best I've had in Barnsley, and it took a while for our food to arrive, I enjoyed mine but my husband was disappointed . We will try it again as I'm sure all these people can't be wrong - but I've also visited places that they beg the customers to write a tripadvisor review so maybe that's why it's got more reviews than every other place in Barnsley?

Cardamom_Lounge, Manager at Cardamom Lounge, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Hi

Thank you for coming to try us out. I see from reading your other reviews you have tried many other Indian restaurants in Barnsley. Every establishment provides unique food and different levels of service so next time you come in I'd like to have a discussion about your recent experience to understand your review in a bit more detail. Maybe you could help us make a positive change? I'm sorry to hear your husband didn't enjoy his food as well as the delay. I's only during exceptional busy periods where we inform our customers of possible delays. I hope you allow us another chance to get it right. Hope to meet you soon and please ask for Abs when you visit next.

“Delicious!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

went to the Cardamom Lounge with my friend and then with my family and the food was delicious, everything from the starters to mains was amazing, the staff are fantastic and have a really good sense of humour with there customers. The waiters are also happy to recommend a dish if you cant make up your mind depending on what your taste are (one did this for my dad and he thought it was superb) you also take your own alcohol, and they don't except cards but nobody seems to mind, overall 10 out of 10 restaurant well done will certainly be making another visit. thanks to Abs the manager.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cardamom_Lounge, Manager at Cardamom Lounge, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Hi Julie

It's great to see you've left us a review so thank you very much for your effort. We're all very satisfied to know you enjoyed the food and service. We like to go that extra mile for our customers so thank you for pointing this out. We can usually create any dish of you choice as all you need to do is ask! Glad your dad like it. Hopefully we look forward to seeing you soon.