“A great 'local' Indian ” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Swinton, United Kingdom
“A great 'local' Indian ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Usually visit once a month but haven't been since January. Turned up last night without booking and no tables free. Sat in the bar area for 5-10 minutes till a table came free. We had the 4 course for a tenner deal as usual. I had mixed starter and Garlic Chili Chicken we shared a rice and naan bread. OH has alloo chat starter and Chicken Dupiaza. Ice cream desert and coffee to finish. Oh and 3 pints of Cobra and one lime n lemonade. All for £31. Good atmosphere, great food and down to earth service. Will be back next month !

s yorkshire
“Great Food..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This is our 2nd visit here in ten days..1st time was a saturday night and was busy but still amazing food and great service..2nd visit was a monday night...we took the £9.99 offer/ what a fantastic choice...you can choose all ure food from the menu...its ure choice...not a set meal..starters/main course/dessert/ coffee and mints...and a lovely end touch...we got a shot of complimentary Baileys..Wow...lovely surroundings..very clean..and very polite staff..Ali even took the time to chat to us.Top Guy..keep up the great work...cant wait to go again...thanx...lovely night.

“Defiantly going again! Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Well I will say before I went here I was an Indian virgin! Staff were very helpful food was verry quick very filling and gorgeous ( even left with a doggy bag which was just as nice the next day) we had the £9.99 offer (cash only) and you get lots I was full after my starter. I will defiantly be returning very soon. Writing this ,Ames me wanna go now!

Visited February 2014
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Food bland and cool. Staff very welcoming and excellent value.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

If your after a spicy curry this may not be the place for you. I chose a 'hot' curry purposely, and other half a medium hot one, both came very mild and cool in temperature. The onion bahjis were very dense, and over done 'rock' balls, not light and fluffy as expected. The lime pickle could be eaten in large amounts, with no spicy kick. Rice was very greasy. Given the good reviews, perhaps we visited on, a bad night. The value was amazing - 4 courses £9.99 cash only. Lots of choice. Staff were very attentive. I don't think I will be coming back, mainly because I like my curries to blow my mind. Also the colour changing lights were very distracting.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Got done”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

We opted for the meal deal at 9.99. Didn't realise that it didn't include poppadoms however we overlooked that. Dessert however that was apparently included and was never stated otherwise cost us £7 extra on the bill. Also the bill was broken down into its individual parts instead of including the deal, if we hadn't argued the price would have been even more false. Expected to pay just over £30 instead we had to pay I've £40

• Visited March 2014