“Best Budget Hotel I have stayed in!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great deals online.
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Stockport
Lincolnshire
“Best Budget Hotel I have stayed in!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

Clean, comfortable, large sized room, good shower, quiet room at end of a corridor and to the side of the hotel, comfortable beds and a good breakfast. What more can I say? Apart from a really good price too nad would have been even cheaper if I'd been able to confirm the booking a couple of days earlier. I will certainly stay there again. We didn't eat there apart from breakfast so cannot comment on the pub food.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

Most Premier travel Inn's are identical, the only difference is the accents you hear from the sleepy reception staff. The Stockport south branch however really is one of the best from this chain of hotels. The staff really are nice, suprisingly quite intelligent, and were wide-awake.
The Beefeater restaurant attached really is very good. You must go upstairs and eat in the restaurant and resist any urge to eat downstairs as it can get very noisey when the locals get upset and start shouting at the TV in the bar.
The staff working in the restaurant upstairs are incredible, and they do not mind at all where you come from. It is because of these people, I shall return next week. The best Premier Travel Inn I have stayed, and I have stayed in dozens.

Richard Kaminski.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

I have often used Premier Inns both for business and leisure.

The room was as expected, clean, spacious and with a very comfortable bed.
However it was cold - no matter what I did with the controls I could not get it warm. Fortunately I just wrapped up warm in bed and all was fine.

The one, large downside; I was adjacent to a corridor between the hotel and adjoining pub. When loud music started up at 2350 I thought I was going to have to get up and go to reception but it stopped just before midnight. However had I been asleep I would not have been too pleased. People started arriving and leaving at approx 0630 and there was a lot of noise which woke me up earlier than I needed.
So not as much sleep as I would have wished.
That said the staff were extremely pleasant and genuinley seem interested in what they do, this is one of the reasons I choose to stay at Premier in.

In terms of location I stayed here while visiting Manchester (there was a football game on which meant nothing more local) and the time taken to get to and from Manchester City centre was way in excess of anything a route finder might suggest.

Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Stockport South, responded to this review, April 1, 2010
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you had a comfortable stay with us, and that our hotel, and helpful team members met your expectations. Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we look forward to welcoming back to Premier Inn in the future
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

Typically good Premier Inn that I've stayed at loads of time this year. Not much to say about the brand - it is exactly what it says, sometimes more, but never less....but the staff in this particular location are very welcoming and could put lots of 4* places to shame. I get remembered and greeted personally, very well looked after and made to feel welcome which is a big bonus when I'm working away.
Unfair to single out any particular member of staff as they're all good, but if I can recall the names, Zoe and Denise were introduced to me and were very welcoming.
The place is a little bit tired but is having a refurb, but it's the staff that count.
Stay here if you're in the North West and you won't be disappointed. The locality isn't great but it's a stopover for business and the food's good value.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Stockport South, responded to this review, October 5, 2009
Thank you for your review. We are very pleased that our helpful friendly staff have met your expectations, and made your stays with us comfortable ones. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2008

This was my second stay at this Premier Inn, and the staff were so friendly and nice I felt I had to write a review. Check in has always been easy, rooms very clean, breakfast staff absolutely lovely....as a vegetarian they made an effort to get veggie sausages for me which I certainly did not expect' up North' (particularly as the breakfast was large enough to begin with). Recommended stay if you are doing business in the Cheadle/Stockport area and need to keep to budget.

• Liked — Staff helpfulness
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Girvan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2008

we stay here for two nights very close to a main road A6 but no traffic noise could be heard from the room we had . excellent stay .very friendly staffs .meals in the bamford arms (next door) also very good .we would stay there again .

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2008

Although its not as plush as other PTIs, it was clean and comfortable. It appears to be an old hotel that has had a lot of cosmetic work done. The style is a little dated but its all had fresh paint. As an example, the bathroom is a bit aged but they've put new furniture in, including shower, sink, toliet and shower curtain.
The bed was usual PTI standard - excellent.
The evening meal was in the upstairs Beefeater restaurant - another reliable chain. No complaints at all - very nice.
The bar downstairs, whilst pleasant, lacked some basics - like atmosphere and decent beer. My friend had a pint of Carling which tasted of the pipe cleaning fluid and I had a pint of Tetley, which was flat and unappetising, We soon found a pub down the road.
Breakfast was upstairs - £7.50 for the full monty, which was unlimited fry-up, fresh fruit, dry fruit, tea and coffee etc. Very reasonable by hotel standards.
Overall a pleasant stay and would consider again, but I may also be curious enough to try somwhere else.

• Liked — Guaranteed PTI quality
  • Disliked — The bar
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Premier Inn Stockport South? Share your experiences!