“Excellent service” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
UK
“Excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was my first time in a Premier Inn and I spent three nights here on business. The check in procedure was efficient and friendly and I had a lovely room with a view of a tree. Huge comfy bed, tea and coffee, good bathroom all contributed towards a pleasant stay. The receptionist arranged taxis for me, always had a smile and was very professional at all times. There are vending machines in the foyer if you need a late night snack but the attached restaurant was good. The menu catered for all tastes and the only reason I am not giving it a 5 is because I think the kitchen may operate out of a freezer. That said, it was an absolutely great place for a quick stay and the breakfast was excellent. I especially liked that it had some character of its own and was not some soulless new build. The location is quiet and yet within walking distance of the station. All in all - a thumbs up.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
OlgaCaba123, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport Central, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us at Stockport Central and the service was great for you. I will pass your feedback onto the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Thanks
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

very friendly staff and room very clean and modern and the hotel was near our intended location. The price was slightly more than we hoped to pay as we had stayed in other premier inns an had payed £25.00 - £40.00.All in all it was good stay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Thank you for taking your time to write a review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us. I will pass your info on to the team. On behalf of everyone at the Stockport central Premier Inn, we look forward to welcoming you back on future stays.

Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed 3 nights over the weekend and really enjoyed our visit. The quality of the food in the restaurant was far better than I anticipated for a chain and the wine was very cheap. All the staff were friendly and very helpful. The room was clean and tidy with a large bed that was very comfortable. Expected a lot more noise at night especially as our room was next to the floor entrance door but must have had very considerate guests as never heard them at all. The main town was a short walk away, although a bit of an effort to climb the hill back. Went for the all you can eat breakfasts which means you can order what you like. The hot food was cooked to order and not self service which meant it was fresh.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
OlgaCaba123, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport Central, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive review of the Stockport Central Premier Inn. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us, and have passed your kind words on to the team. I am also please you enjoyed your time in the restaurant next door to us. I look forward to your next visit.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Great location for traveling or for us on this occasion visiting a relation in the area. The Inn was quiet and the Fayre and Square represented good value food. Staff were very helpful and on the day of our arrival supporting a charity event making them all the more cheerful! It was a typical Premier Inn, clean good bed, great value. Our room in the main building whilst quiet was in need of upgrading and not particularly warm.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at the Stockport Premier Inn just for one night whilst we went to a party at the Vernon Mill. I'm perfectly aware that Premier Inn is a huge chain, so I don't expect anything other than homogenisation. But it is in some kind of old vicarage buildings (maybe) and at the top of a leafy hill. It was pleasant to arrive to a vaguely ornate-looking frontage, even if the reception was in a plain block next to the front (restaurant) doors. There was plenty of parking, and the receptionist was cheerful and helpful, and sounded, to our southern ears, charmingly like Vera Duckworth. We were housed in what seems to be the rectory, a smaller block next door, which also had its own quaint facade, although inside it was "hotelly": clean, pleasant and non-offensive. And the bed - well it was huge. Myself and my partner are not small people, and even at home, our king size bed is cosily comfortable and just big enough. But even when I rolled over in the middle of the night at the Premier Inn, he was still an arms length away over the other side of the bed.Wonderful! It was also nice and firm, I had an excellent night's sleep. Breakfast was very admirable. Frustratingly as we came in, we met another couple from the evening before and so shared a table with them, and I could not make the traditional pig of myself which I normally do at buffet breakfasts. I was somewhat disappointed about this, as the buffet looked well stocked. We had the cooked breakfast, which was very nice indeed, except that the person who took the orders was different from the person who delivered them, and so my fella got given my breakfast. I was so fixated on hash browns (my favourite) that I didn't notice the accidental switcheroo at first, until I realised I didn't order mushrooms! He gave up some of the bacon and I gave him his mushrooms and tomatoes, but he wasn't about to give it all back to me, and he eats faster than I do, LOL ... so I topped up with a bit of fruit salad and lashings of coffee. Enjoyable experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Gibraltar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

It was a hotel that had changed over to Premier Inn and the combination of the two worked perfectly. Have no worries about staying here...you will be well cared for. Lovely food, excellent service and staff that knew their job.

Room Tip: All fine....no worries in amy of the rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your time to write a positive review. We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one. Our team members will be pleased to receive your feedback, as we give all our guests a high level of service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Northumbria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Nothing much has changed since our last visit two years ago but as my mother used to say about the woman next door, "she's getting on a bit."
On the plus side the staff were brilliant as always.
On the downside it needs some work to bring it up to more modern standards.

If you don't know Stockport, its a bit up and down with more layers than an expensive wedding cake but don't worry, a taxi from the town centre up to the hotel only cost us £2.85!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I will pass it onto all the team members at Stockport Central Premier Inn. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Operations Manager

Been to Premier Inn Stockport Central? Share your experiences!