“We needed a great restaurant in the Marple area: this isn't it!” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Description: THIS RESTAURANT NOW HAS NEW OWNERS - CIBO RESTAURANT GROUP. IT WILL STILL BE AN ITALIAN RESTAURANT
Stockport, United Kingdom
“We needed a great restaurant in the Marple area: this isn't it!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We visited this restaurant as on the internet it stated that they had a Christmas menu and the older members of the group wanted turkey. When we were given the menus we were told it was James Bond night and the Christmas Menu was not on. We complained that we had not been given this information when we booked as we were celebrating Christmas not James Bond. The manager that came to see us following our complaint sarcastically stated that he could not just go and cook a turkey! I stated that we were well aware of that but perhaps lessons could be learnt and he could explain to people, at the time of booking, that the normal menu advertised on the internet would not be available that night. My husband jokingly suggested that we could be compensated with some martinis; shaken not stirred; but we did not receive a thing to compensate for the disppointment.

This was our second visit to this restaurant which is fairly new in the area; each time has been a disappointment. The first visit was a disaster as we were told that the chef had cut his finger and staff from the bar were having to help in the kitchen! Needless to say the food was very disappointing and arrived not as described on the menu. The manager on this occasion (James Bond night) informed us that all the staff have been changed since that night, bar one young man, who I have to say was excellent.

In my opinion despite the change of staff this is still a very poor restaurant both in customer service and the quality of food.

Please give us a decent restaurant other than Chineses and Indian in the Marple area!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Stockport, United Kingdom
“Fur coat no knickers!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Poor service - weren't interested in our business. Walked in at 6.45pm and they Told us we had to wait until 8pm for a table so we had a drink on the patio and waited and watched all the empty tables stay empty. I can only assume they thought we wanted the early bird menu which finished at 7pm! They gave me a dirty glass (twice) and told us we couldn't eat outside - whilst we were there a family were served outside! Strange as it wasn't even that busy!! We left without eating and will not be returning for a second try.

Visited August 2012
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Well decorated restaurant, with ordinary food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Nice cocktails, nice wine, and nice food.... So nice...

Nothing exciting, but nothing to complain about.

I would go again, if someone else wanted to, but it wouldn't be somewhere I would suggest.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mellor
“A real big disapointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The best part of my visit was the exit home. We were given a complementary bowl of olives and some artisan bread whilst we looked at the menu. The bread was so hard it was vertually impossible to bite let alone chew, it was stale and re-heated. I ordered the breaded veal, it supprisingly came on a huge bed of tomatoe spagetthi and was limp and soggy, soaked in deep fat fryer fat! The vegetables were microwaved and so hot they were nearly toxic. Accompaning my meal was some sauted potatoes, again limp soggy and dripping in grease. As a side dish I had ordered a portion of zuccini, this arrived with no batter on and again was limp soggy and full of grease. The waiter asked me if I wanted to choose something else from the menu and I chose a simple chicken & mushroon dish. This came and the chicken was hardly cooked and only look warm. This was also returned only to be brought back burnt and tough! This was definitely NOT 3rd time lucky! My partner had the mixed fish grill. This also had limp, soggy greasy sauted potatoes and all off the fish was so salty that it stung his mouth, again accompanied with toxic microwave veg. This was returned and a fresh meal supplied without the salt but unfotunately there was no taste to the fish and you couldnt even tell if was salmon. cod, prawn or rubber! The waiter told us he was a partner i the business and advised us there was a new chef but then told us he was better than the last one! Draw your own conclusion as this guy clearly didnt know the cooker from the dishwasher, maybe frozen pizza under a grill is his limit? At the end he tryed to charge us nearly £60. I argued the bill and had it reduced to £40 but even at this, it was not worth the money let alone the disapointment. Best part of the meal..........the house red wine, may call for a drink but never to eat there again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Stockport
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Visited Marco Marco, for the second time this month with family, and on both occasions we all experienced exceptional service and fabulous food. Big thank you to Jose and his team, for making our evening special, highly recommend a visit!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
intuitiv990, Owner at Cibo, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you very much indeed for your review it is most appreciated.