“Went for the hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Stockport
Peterborough
“Went for the hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

I booked this hotel at the last minute, and after staying in various hotels in the area I was not expecting a lot.

I got to the hotel and booked in. There was a small issue with the room, so I was immediately moved to another room (actually upgraded).

The room was fantastic, and quiet. Actually it was room 303 which someone talked about earlier. Great room, very spacious.

I was here on business so here during the week. So did nit get the Night Club. Would not be interested anyway, as I was here for the hotel.

Food is great, good choice of breakfast. Good choice of food for dinner, with appropriate veg.

Great could not compliment it more.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definately go again.

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — No Hand Pumped Beer
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

359 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
north west
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

I have just returned from spending the weekend there for a friends 40th birthday and was very disappointed with the service received. The rooms were excellent and exceptionally clean, but the service we received was extemely poor. Having ordered food in the bar half the meals arrived and the other half appeared 20 minutes later with one meal missing. The attitude of the staff member serving was "The chef is busy and I am only the goffer, if you have a complaint see reception or the manager" No apology was offered. We complained to the reception whose attitude was "Yes they can be like that" so we complained to the manager. Not the best start to the evening.On going to the nightclub later we had to put up with unwelcome advances from men who needed a good wash and some deodorant and one girl was stalked by another man most of the evening although she bluntly told him to leave her alone. The bar maids ignored you but rushed to serve any man that went to the bar, and again were surly and unhelpful. Overall it was avery disappointing evening and we wouldn't recommend it

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — Staff and Service
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
ronnie135
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2008

What a great place to stay, beautiful surroundings, only 3 star but the quality of 4 or 5 star hotel, the rooms are massive to ones I've stayed in, beautiful decor, and cleanliness is exeptional. The staff are really freindly, can't do enough for you, receptionist were really helpful and polite, made you feel at home. The restaurant is lovely, with good choice of food either off set menu which was only around £22 per head, for a three course meal, or a la carte, presentation was perfect, The club house is great fun and great atmosphere, a good range of music, not just for young people, its from 21 years upwards, all ages, then a kareoke in the bar after club has shut, until around 5am!!, great for stag and hen weekends. It does have a strict dress policy, but I'd rather have that, where people can dress up, and feel that their somewhere special. You must try it, you wont be dissapointed.

I'll be back for Valentines weekend for sure, and book one of the massive half suites, soooo nice!

Get down their soon!!! you dont know what your missing, very unique hotel.

• Liked — Lovely surroundings, comfortable, home from home, great atmosphere, fun.
  • Disliked — absolutely nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2008

Just returned from a full day conference with 25 staff and overnight stay at Bredbury Hall. The conference facilities were second to none, and the food and accommodation were top class. The staff couldn't do enough for us. We had a very mixed group age wise, but all enjoyed the nightclub. The music was good and atmosphere great. Those who wanted to go off to bed early could do and some of us enjoyed the hot beef sandwiches in the Residents bar until 3am or. It was a superb weekend.

• Liked — Excellent facilities and food
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Midlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2007

Went to bredbury hall for a stag do.
The rooms are very nice. Definitely a uk 4 star standard.
Beautifully laid out.
We went for the night club and we knew before hand about the rules:

NO SHAVED HEADS - unless you're going bald
NO JEANS AT ALL
NO UNUSUAL PIERCINGS OR VISIBLE TATTOOS
NO TRAINERS.

It was a fun night. We all got very drunk and stayed up until four in the morning drinking and having a laugh.

The night club has loads of woman and men in it... BUT, and a big BUT, they are not what you'd expect on a normal night out in a town centre.

The club is definitely a pick up spot. Meat market. But definitley for the older crowd. late 30's into 50's was the crowd and our group, which was early twenty's to late twenty's were out of place.
Dont' get me wrong - we still had fun - jumping up and down to a bit of cheese, but it certainly wasn't a night to pull.

I can literally count on one hand the amount of woman that were close to our age.

In summary:
Great rooms,
Night club is nicely set out and looks good
Great if you're looking to pick up someone
Not so good if you're looking for someone in early - late twenty's

• Liked — the rooms
  • Disliked — If you aren't there for the night club - then i wouldnt' go
  • Stayed November 2007
cheshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2007

i booked one of the nicer , more expensive rooms for the weekend, as it was my husbands birthday, and i had and still am very ill. i paid for the room on the phone. looking forward to the weekend, as we had stayed before.the room we were allocated was room 303, right next to the stairs on the first landing.the guest bar is open all night, so as a result the noise on the friday evening was bad. however we got through the night with 2 hours sleep.the sat evening well where do i start, had a wonderful day out, a very nice meal in the hotel restaurant, drinks in the bar, spent alot of money but felt my husband was worth it.went to our room at 12.15am , the noise was deafening. the landing door propped open i went out to close it. did the same numerous times until 3 am. rang the reception and was told the problem would be sorted, couldnt move rooms as fully booked. by 4am i had been down to reception twice, the third time i was in such a hurry i left my key and locked myself out. by this time my husband after hours of argueing, went to sleep in our car. it took me until 5.30 am to get him to come back inside.On departure the manageress whose name is anne and works for the casino, came to speak to me after i complained and got very upset. Ann told me that it was dreadfull and she fully understood how i felt, she said a refund was not enough and that the hotel would do better than that. We left upset , its taken me until today 30th october after ringing countless times , to be told , if we go again we will be offered a complimentary bottle of champangne. All the money i spent wasted all my efforts wasted, my husbands birthday ruined, i feel let down , lied too, degraded, fobbed off., and i have never been so insulted in my life. I will never stay here ever again , and would not recommend anyone else to either.

• Liked — The food
  • Disliked — The management , the noise and the lack of consideration to patrons. Is this a hotel or a night club
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
manchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2007

I went to the hotel for a wedding reception, the function room closed at 12 and we went next door into the bar for a drink.

A bouncer (with a shaved head, something your not allowed) made a b-line for my partner, and the other made a b-line for me, i was asked to leave because i looked too casual and my partner was asked to leave also. We were aware of the rules, so began to leave, however upon leaving i noticed a man wearing jeans, and looking very casual. I asked the bouncer why he could stay and why the rules were different for us.

I think I got my answer upon awaiting in the lobby for a taxi, the bouncers and staff there are extremely sexist and were talking about young girls in a very derogatory fashion.

Me and my partner have no visible tattoo's, took out our facial piercings and other hotel guests were dressed alot less smartly than us. The bouncers looked for any excuse to eject us from the premisses.

Because me and my partner are both female, i couldnt help but see homophobia as the reason for us being asked to leave, however since telling other people the story i have found out terrible things about the place.

[--]

and has also been on weddings from hell

here is another story i found

[--]

If you are stuck in the dark ages, this is probably your idea of heaven .

• Stayed September 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Bredbury Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!