“disappointing” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Britannia Hotel Stockport

You added Britannia Hotel Stockport to your Saves list
Britannia Hotel Stockport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   67 Dialstone Lane | Offerton, Stockport SK2 6AG, England   |
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Stockport
NorthEngland
“disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Lovely national holiday trip to Liverpool and Manchester ,shame about the choice of hotel.food was awful warmed up same menu each evening not enough food they ran out of tea on one occasion.queues before actually getting the food.room adequate but no remote for tv so could only get bbc1, shower didn't work .a light in the room had cover missing leaving wires exposed.fan running constantly outside so didn't get much sleep either.to be fair the young staff tried but there didn't seem to be any sort of organisation

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Good option for people who need a short stay in Manchester or for those, who need accommodation around Manchester Airport. Price is affordable, however conditions are not great. More housekeeping efforts are required and renovation is essential, especially for ventilation system.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Not sure what some tripadvisers were expecting its not 5* hotel & its not a total dump
Britannia staff are inexperienced but try their best to help
bar shuts at 11ish gym & pool at 9 (£4)
Restaurant at 8:45 (fish and chip shop, pubs and shops nearby)
Stockport is not an amazing tourist destination, but if you want to go on a coach trip there enjoy it i guess, I was working nearby, and it was the nearest hotel under £100 a night
Hotel room was clean enough, quiet enough and near enough to the lift, the lift has manual doors, some stairs strangely do not all go to every floor
Bathroom has sufficient toilet rolls for my needs, soap, hot water and working toilet - the kind of thing you would expect, it was all fairly clean
Hotel is very cheap, so people take the TV remotes home with them.
The woodwork is painted cream which makes it look old
The tea and coffee making facilities were fantastic - but no biscuits, they had a teapot which is excellent as I hate those silly little cups you always get for making tea in
No air conditioning, trouser press, noisy neighbours, bed bugs, leftovers from previous occupants. free WIFI worked ok, plenty of free parking, comfortable bed
My advice to the owners would be spend a little more, charge a little more and you would make more money

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Booked this hotel for one night with airport parking quoted a price online which on arriving had gone up as we were flying next day we had no choice but to pay up, Have tried to get a refund of the extra with no success we even had a print out of the quote.Fortunately we didnt have to stay in the room too long.
Never again we'd rather pay extra for decent customer service.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
manchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Oh my ! What can I say and where do I start! For some reason unbeknown to me I didn't read the reviews of this hotel before I got there (because i thought with a name like Britannia you cant go wrong) And only started to read them when I wasn't able to check in my room and sat in the lobby using their free wifi (only positive aspect) and saw what I potentially had in store for me.

Firstly My boyfriend and I could not check in because they didn't have our reservation on their screen because it was in their "central reservations' " team, anyway excuse after excuse we could check in after about half an hour.

During this half an hour we noticed the people coming through the door were like Jeremy Kyle contestants! There were slot machines in the lobby..people loitering outside the front door smoking and swearing..absolute nightmarish people!!

When we finally got our keys to the room we had to walk along corridors of dirty and worn carpets, wonky paintings, dirty walls, really old fashioned decor and creaky floorboards we got to our room .. At this point we didn't expect much...

The room was like a cabin!! It was so small like a box room! A big old tv was precariously balanced on a small box type thing and the bed was lumpy and not even a double. The bathroom was like the size of a wet room.. There was toothpaste reside on the floor from the previous guests so it obviously hasn't been cleaned. The room was very old fashioned in its decor.

When I finally did fall asleep I was awoken by a group of boys that were on a school trip playing "knock a door run" and some other drunken people about 30 mins later arguing really loudly and banging about.

In the morning I was again woken up but this time by next door having really really loud intercourse. The walls are extremely thin you can hear them actually making bodily contact!! If that wasn't annoying enough they both then had a cigarette out of their window which very nicely blew straight into our room and topped off my wonderful stay!! I phoned reception who didn't seem to care either.

All in all I would say this review is very accurate and the fact that people still smoke in a hotel room and the hotel don't do much about it says a lot about the hotel, its staff and the people who go there!!

The hotel is more of a hostel; if I called this place a "hotel" it would be like polishing a turd (which you can't ever do).

• Stayed August 2013
scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights alright for my use. I was on bus trips for 2 of the days I stayed here. The food was fair, I believe the chef did not tun up during my visit. there was a bit of a problem with the cleaning of the cutlery which was being dipped in hot soapy water then rinsed and dried.After a complaint this was stopped and they were cleaned in dishwasher. Could do with some entertainment at night. When you have busloads of pensioners I don't think they want to use the leisure facilities at night.Mind you I suppose the hotel are quite happy taking the money for drink with no outlay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Newcastle, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

If you get offered room 130 get another room immediately! We found it cramped, all the furniture was 'well worn' the bathroom was extremely tired - not even a bar of soap in their and only 1 loo roll. It was a hot day and the room kept the heat, we could not open the small window much as there was a DJ/Disco in a room right below us and several industrial sized vent/expelaiir's going full blast on the roof of the same room, added to the 3 coaches of under 12 year old football teams seemingly running amok with no supervision made this a truly memorable hotel stay for all the wrong reasons!! This hotel was chosen for the fact it has a pool/gym/sauna but they were all locked up by 9pm, I asked twice about paying for breakfast the night before and was told to 'just queue up in the morning' then could not be seated until I had paid, honestly!.
Sorry Brittania staff, but not one of you wished us good evening or good morning, asked if we had enjoyed our visit or if we had any problems - but seemed more than happy to chat amongst themselves, one even pushed in front of my husband as he attempted to get cutlery for our breakfast and she never said a word!!!
Add to the mix 3 coach loads of under 12 footballers with apparently no supervision and you can imagine how memorable this stay was - for all the wrong reasons.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Britannia Hotel Stockport? Share your experiences!