“Get what you pay for” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Britannia Hotel Stockport

You added Britannia Hotel Stockport to your Saves list
Britannia Hotel Stockport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   67 Dialstone Lane | Offerton, Stockport SK2 6AG, England   |
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Stockport
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Get what you pay for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I was working near Stockport the following day and had an all inclusive price for doing the job, so was simply looking for somewhere cheap to kip for the night and the Britannia did the job.

I read the reviews on Tripadvisor prior to booking and knew what to expect and at £19 I knew where to set my expectations. Plentiful car parking at the back of the building, check in was quick and problem free. Straight into the room that for whatever reason had three single beds lined up in it. Yep, the walls are paper thin and I could hear the conversations and coughing from the people next door, but that all died off by 11pm so I got a full night's sleep.

This place certainly isn't five star, but it did what I wanted.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Manager702, conference and banqueting manager at Britannia Hotel Stockport, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for comments.
Unfortunately if there are no single or double bedded available on arrival we do have to overflow into family rooms. I hope this did not cause any inconvenience to yourself.
Conference and Banqueting Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Mansfield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My wife & I stayed in room 133 last night. What a terrible room. Hard beds, tatty decor & furnishing. No hot water for a shower. Best thing about the stay was the breakfast & leaving.
Our room was supposed to be 'deluxe' !!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Manager702, Conference and Banqueting Manager at Britannia Hotel Stockport, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Room 133 is a deluxe family room. It has been newly decorated within the past year and the beds have been replaced in the past 6 months,
My apologies if it was not to your satisfaction.
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Arrived at 2200 having prepaid for hotel. I had booked a twin room for myself and grwn up son.
They had sold my room to someone else because of overbooking. Claimed they had no contact details to advise me of the problem. This was a lie as they had my email and phone addresses.
Receptionist said they had no twin rooms available and that all other rooms were booked. Another lie as we were told the following morning by the manager that they could have given us an extra single room. Receptionist had put a childs Z bed in the room for my son who had an extremely uncomfortable night and could not sleep. In the morning the manager promised to refund the amount paid to my credit card. Never happened despite reminders. This was a depressing hotel with dated furnishings, very poor breakfast food and service and generally incompetent and demotivated staff and management. I am requesting my credit card company to arrange a refund.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else please
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manager702, conference and banqueting manager at Britannia Hotel Stockport, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
My apologies that you experienced problems with your booking.
Unfortunately as all hotels, we do experience overbookings. I am sorry that an additional room was not offered to you.
Peterborough
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights on business. Never again. The hotel was booked via a travel company who paid via credit card. When it came to check out the receptionist refused to process the credit card details because I didnt know whose name was on the credit card. I gave him the name of the travel company and the name of the my company. However he wanted the name of the actual person. He became verbally aggressive! He then changed his mind and process it! Food poor room needed a deep clean.

Room Tip: another hotel!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Manager702, Conference and Banqueting Manager at Britannia Hotel Stockport, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
My apologies that you found the receptionist to be abrupt, I am sure this was not his intention.
They were correct that if we do not have written authorisation to charge a third parties card we should not charge it. I am sorry if you felt you were being interrogated.
england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel for one night with a coach trip, the reception was quick when we arrived, we set off to our rooms which were on 3rd floor via a very antiquated lift, it did give us a laugh. We got to our room which was very hot, but as the night went on it was freezing. The bathroom needed a total clean dirt behind the door is not attractive, but the shower worked okay. The food was really good with adequate choices. We could get served easily at night at the bar. I requested an early morning call as I had forgotten my alarm clock but that didnt happen even though it was written in a diary. I reported it next day at reception but it was just shrugged off. Overall staying here served its purpose but one night was enough.

Room Tip: I didnt staty long enough to suss this out where we were on the 3rd floor very noisy with revellers...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments.
My apologies that you did not receieve your early morning, it may be the phone in the room. I will ask maintenance to do a phone check over the next couple of days to avoid this happening in the future.
Troon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed here for one night. the check in took a while however the food was great in the morning. Geat selection of breakfast. The swimming pool was great and i suppose the rooms need updated but sleep quality wasnt bad. It wasnt bad for what you pay for as the food was good and so was the pool and hot tub.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manager702, Conference and Banqueting Manager at Britannia Hotel Stockport, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you for your comments. My apologies that there was a delay on check in.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

There was 28 of us a few days ago on a coach party, and it was stocking.. We arrived about 7pm and was sorted quickly! We got to our room which was shocking room 284, we had a dirty floor, socks and a sandwich in our draws that hadn't been cleaned the bathroom was shocking and had hair in it, we went down for dinner at 7.15 and the staff was very rude and dressed like slobs, i was sat with my friend and one person came over and said ya want soup? And we said no and he walked away he was stood about a table away when he asked us, the we say ther and got told they have go get out our selfs, got to the counter thing n there was food that looked like poo tbh i left it and went to McDonald's later on in the night! Over all the hotel was freaking shocking

• Stayed November 2012
Manager702, Conference and banqueting manager at Britannia Hotel Stockport, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
My apologies that you were unhappy with the restaurant food during your stay.
I am sure that you will agree that it is difficult to cater for everyones tastes on a carvery style meal. Fortunately we do not tend to receieve many complaints with regards to this.
Conference and Banqueting Manager

Been to Britannia Hotel Stockport? Share your experiences!