“Lovely Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Britannia Hotel Stockport

You added Britannia Hotel Stockport to your Saves list
Britannia Hotel Stockport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   67 Dialstone Lane | Offerton, Stockport SK2 6AG, England   |
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Stockport
lancashire
“Lovely Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Having read the reviews we were naturally a bit concerned about our one night stay here. Our worries were thankfully unfounded. The hotel itself was clean. A good indicator here is, I believe the public toilets which were spotless. As the hotel was extremely busy this can have been no mean feat.Our room was also clean and very comfortable. The food isn't so good, but it's cheap so high expectation would be unrealistic. Best of all though are the staff. Really helpful and friendly, particularly Graham who was managing reception throughout our stay. He went out of his way for us to ensure we enjoyed our visit. We will certainly return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager702, Manager at Britannia Hotel Stockport, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Many Thanks for your positive comments about your stay. I will pass your comments onto the staff and Graham.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Hotel Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Please look at the ratios of the reviews and use better judgement than I did. A tired hotel. Lots of noise from adjacent rooms including chatter at midnight. I tried to ring reception to complain but the phone did not work, after I contacted reception on foot I was told that it was just "general hotel noise". Just general hotel noise for a hotel not built very well. Wardrobe handles missing, bin lid missing, dirty interior doors, worn carpets, creaking floors, overall just a tired hotel. But hey it was full to brim so the cheap price for the tired product is working. I would not return for any future visits.

• Stayed October 2012
Unfortunately we have minimal control over noise levels from fellow guests. The staff on duty are able to ask guests to be quiet or keep the noise down, but unfortunately this does not always work. My apologies that the noise in your bedroom caused by fellow guests.
scotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed in this hotel this week as we had holiday car parking with this company and also seeing concert at MEN. Firstly I would like to say this review is about facilities and NOT the staff. Hotel VERY run down. No heating on at any time we were there although staff supplied convector and blankets. Rooms small, cold and damp feeling. We pulled bed out from wall so my husband did not have to climb over me and the dirt beneath the bed was terrible, obviously not been cleaned in months, lamp and bedhead covered in dust too. Bathroom was so grim i didnt even use shower, filthy cracked grout, just disgusting. Cigarette buts on internal stairs, carpets need hoovered up to edges, threadbare and dated. Paper hanging off ceiling, view from window disgusting. Overall the worst hotel i have ever stayed in, needs total overhaul. Staff on reception were very polite and very helpfull, this company is very lucky to have such a calibre of staff in thier employment, well done guys, you deserve better and so do the people who pay to stay in this dump.

Room Tip: slept in 2 rooms at opposite ends of hotel, both awful, just dont go
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
My apologies that you found problems with your room and the hotel. If you could contact myself directly I would be happy to investigate and rectify these problems for future guests.
Once again my apologies for any inconvenience you may have suffered.
Trimdon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We used this hotel as a stop over for an airport transfer. We booked Room and dinner through FHR. We went down for dinner and were told that we would have to pay for it. I argued that we were on a package and had already paid, which fell on deaf ears and I offerd to get my booking form from the room but still the waitress continued to dispute that we had pre-paid. I started getting angry and was referred to reception who swiftly resolved the problem when they checked on the computer and saw that we had pre-paid. It was a bit embarrassing as other guests were looking at us as if we were crininals and it spoiled the evening. Also we missed the happy hour as by the time the saga was sorted out it was past 7pm. We did not realise that we had to order drinks from the bar either and only realized when no wine list appeared. This hotel is a poor relation of The Britannia Country House Hotel where we stayed before. The room was adequate for a one night stopover and was reasonably quiet overlooking the car park. We had no trouble with the check in as the reception staff were helpful and the shuttle transfer from the Britannia Country House Hotel to the airport was very good, as was the reception staff at that hotel. If I stayed at this hotel again, I would not bother with the dinner and would eat elsewhere or I would stay at the sister hotel which was much better. Allthough it was cheap for one night and served its purpose if you can put up with things not going to plan then stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager702, Manager at Britannia Hotel Stockport, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
My apologies that you experienced problems upon arriving for your evening meal. Unfortunately your meal package does not always show on the restaurant's report, I will ensure the Restaurant Manager informs the staff how to check for this on the computer system to reduce any future problems for guests.
Once again please accept my apologies for the inconvenience which you suffered.
Hotel Supervisor.
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

well you aint getting a lot for ur money thats a fact....
its cheap for a reason & its budget price.
well if ur a fan of the Adams family/munsters this out of age well past it hotel is the thing for you.
the room i was in is well nice till you look around and see strange things like wire hanging out the wall but hid behind a chair....stains on the wall.....a tv service thats freeview but dont work as rubbish indoor set up.
the food well id not feed it to my dog.....
the soups are strange in both taste & colour.....worth a try if u have no taste buds.
the room is thick with dust on the wood rail on the floor in the dinning area.
and also please mind you will be moved around at anytime while you eat if the staff feel they want to.move you for no reason.
tea & coffee is from a flask system wgich is always luke warm and cheap tea bags.
the carpets through the hotel are stained and need put in a skip along with the sofas and beds infact this place would be best shut down really.
its got no stars fron vist england or anyone.
the staff are nice and are working to try make a wage but it must be hard to keep faith if you work here.
if u pack ur own bed a vax and kettle you will be on to a winner.

My apologies that you experienced problems with you room. If you had made reception aware we could have attending to the problems or transferred your bedroom.
The tea and coffee in the restaurant is kept in erns which keep the drinks warm for up to 4 hours. If the temperature was not acceptable we could have refreshed this for you.
We are awaiting a visit from Visit Britain who will then rate the hotel.
Thank you for your comments.
Cheshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Room ok, breakfast staff very unhelpful, asked waitress called Alex for some extra cuttlery, she just turned her back on me and walked off, I had to go and get my own in the end. Service with a smile?? don't think so. Very disappointing. Won't be back in a hurry.

Room Tip: Speak to head office if you're unhappy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Manager702, Manager at Britannia Hotel Stockport, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
My apologies that you found the breakfast staff to be unhelpful.
I was pleased to hear you found the room to be 'ok'.
Thank you for bringing your comments to my attention.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

We used this hotel on the 24th august as a stopover for the airport the following day. On arrival the guy on reception was polite and helpful. He explained the transfer procedure and were we were to park our car the following day. The room was a basic hotel room which is need of redecorating. I tried to use the phone to call reception as my flight had been changed but there was no dial tone, this meant at 10pm going down to reception in my nightwear to change my shuttle transfer. Again no probs with the staff as they changed my transfer immediately. There was stains on the carpet and the walls in the room. We had a couple of drinks in the bar again furniture is in need of skipping and renewing. The windows were filthy. But despite the negatives the staff were polite and it was cheap. I will use this hotel again in the future as an airport stopover.

• Stayed August 2012
Manager702, Manager at Britannia Hotel Stockport, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your comments.
My apologies that you had problems when using your phone in your bedroom. We have this week started to compile a list of rooms where phones need attention.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Hotel Supervisor

Been to Britannia Hotel Stockport? Share your experiences!