“Family Meal” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Bristol
“Family Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I visited this pub/restaurant with a large family group for a meal on Saturday 27th April. I was a little apprehensive after reading previous reviews and never having been to the restaurant before. However I was pleasantly surprised, both the bar and restaurant staff were pleasant and efficient especially in the restaurant where the waitress offered to take our orders at the table to save us ordering at the bar. There were 15 of us, some chose to have starters and some didn't and apart from one main course that was late the food appeared quickly and was very hot. The main course which had been forgotten was brought to the table within 10 mins and we were not charged for it. There was a good choice of food including a specials board and the portions were huge. All of it was well presented and most of it appeared to be home made, the chunky chips were the best I have tasted and I eat out on a regular basis.The prices are very reasonable especially for the size of the portions. Above average pub fare with something to please everyone.Plenty of parking spaces and seating outsde in the front garden weather permitting. Very family friendly, noticed they provided crayons and pictures to colour in for childen always useful if you have to dine with little ones.The meal exceeded our expectations don't be put off by some of the previous reviews.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Manchester
“Not bad for the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We ate here last weekend with some friends who had been before. My hubby had the urger which he said was very nice and Ihad the homemade chicken kiev which was nice but was a tad burnt round the edges! I ordered the sticky toffee pudding for dessert and in all honesty its the worst sticky toffee pudding Ive ever eaten. The atmosphere was nice though and the service was excellent.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manchester
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I recently took my parents for a bit to eat at the Hinds Head as I thought the food might have improved since last going into the pub approx. 3 years ago, the food hadn’t. The roast ham that was suppose to be on the ploughman lunch, was in fact cheap boiled ham that you may found in the home brand section in any large supper market, the bread was dry and there was not even a pickle after stating it on the menu

• Visited March 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Sunday Roast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I recently visited this pub as a friend had recommended it and was certainly not disappointed. You can't beat a home cooked Sunday roast, and whilst this didn't beat a home cooked roast, it came pretty darned close. It's not the cheapest at £8.95 but you really do get what you pay for in terms of the quality and abundance of food on the plate. Succulent choice of meats, three types of potato and a chef who clearly recognises that vegetables should be neither boiled to submission nor thrown on the plate for decoration. Best roast potatoes bar my mum's, and that's a high compliment for sure! Will be back to try something else very soon.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
manchester
“Excellent find and great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

After months of driving past this place with my partner saying he really wanted to try it we decided to after moving to the area. And disappointed we wasn't as the food was great and the price was even better. I had the gammon and it was excellent although slightly fatty. The ploughmans was huge and the pieces of cheese were huge, like doorstops. We went during lunch and it was very busy. We actually just tried to book it for tonight however they're closed for a function which I am disappointed about as we both have family visitng. But we will visit again very soon!!

• Visited February 2013