“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Stockport
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We has Sunday lunch here last week and it was very good. It is a typical carvery, first you are asked if you want a large Yorkshire Pudding. Then the "Chef" asks you which meat you want and he cuts it so thin I could see through it, then you help yourself to the potatoes and veg. It is all very well cooked, and nice and fresh. However the only downside to the afternoon were the drinks, a bit on the expensive side and if you want a cola it is loaded up with ice, even if you have not asked for it.

Visited August 2013
Kate E, Public Relations Manager at Puss in Boots, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear benidorm88,
Thank you for your review. I’m glad that, on the whole, you enjoyed your visit with us. We aim to provide good value, excellent quality food, drink and service. May I apologise that you didn’t find this to be the case.
We’ll look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon.

“disgusted”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Give this place a miss, stone cold food, staff never smile, prices way too high, manager does not treat people by individual standards they are all grouped as one. As long as he is packing people in like sardines he doesnt care who he upsets even if you have spent a fortune through the day. On the whole a vile experience and wont be returning.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kate E, Public Relations Manager at Puss in Boots, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Carolwalker99,

Thanks for taking the time to review us.

We aim for excellent food and customer service and therefore your comments are highly concerning. I wonder if you could call me so that we can discuss your remarks? My number is 0161 485 6001 and I'm usually available during normal office hours.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Stockport, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Well what can I say. The man in front of me said to the 'chef' 'I'll have the beef and don't cut it paper thin' so I was worried straight away. The chef proceeded to cut the beef paper thin and met his demands for a further slice and the rude man said 'give us a couple of them sausages too. The chef advised him that the sausages were in fact, a meal option, not an extra but put them on his plate anyway. Then when it was my turn after pulling faces at the rude customer, he cut my meat even thinner and I got a teeny tiny portion. Seemed to me that he was trying to make up his over portion by reducing mine. I mentioned it to the waitress who said 'I'll mention it to the chef but didn't offer me any more meat. I left hungry and will not be going back!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dear Dixeychic,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Puss in Boots.

Please feel assured that our carvers have been trained to judge the correct and fair amount of meat per plate, we have decided this amount based on years of experience and observation of how much the average person is likely to eat.
We do have another option available, which is our King’s Carvery, and offers your more meat and Yorkshire puddings for just an extra £1. Apologies if you were not offered this.

Your comment about your carver's rudeness is highly concerning to us. I would appreciate some more details about when your visit was and if you can, provide me with a description. Please can you call me on 0161 485 6001.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Stockport, United Kingdom
“One to visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

One of the 'Almond' Pub Restaurants, this one is in Offerton and is well up to the usual Almond standard - great food, great portions, great staff, great ambience, clean, always has cutlery, napkins and condiments on the table, all round excellent. If it is a carvery you are looking for, the Almond pub restaurants are the best in the Stockport - try them all and you won't fail to be impressed..

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Myke1974,

Thanks for your review and lovely comments. I'm so pleased you like the Puss in Boots, we do try to ensure we have the highest standards throughout all of our pubs and it's nice to know you think we are achieving this.

manchester
“Really nice pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Went the other night and very pleasantly surprised. Decent choice of beers, excellent service. I cant stand these pubs where tables are never cleaned or empties taken away. At the Puss the staff were always on hand to look after customers, in particular we had a nice girl called Paige who couldn't do enough. Manager and assistant manager had a visible presence too which is important to keep standards high.

Told a few mates about it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear ManchesterSunking,

Thank you for your review. We aim to please and it appears we have! I'll make sure Paige receives your comments also, I'm sure she'll be thrilled to hear them.