“Microwaved food cooked by cooks not by chefs” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: Next to the Premier Inn
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Microwaved food cooked by cooks not by chefs”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

In fairness this looks the part, a large bar area, ample parking and a hotel joining on to it. However the food menu is very basic, chips burger, chilli, pasta and wraps ect ect. It okay for families but trust me the food is basic and obviously microwaved pub food. On a warm day when you have been shopping call in for a drink but I would leave it at that.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Old Rectory, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear steve c,

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Old Rectory in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Stockport, United Kingdom
“bad food poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is the worst restaurant I have ever been to. After waiting for nearly a hour for the food to arrive when it finally arrived it was inedible it was supposed to be roast beef iwhich was processed meat the service is terrible with staff that can't be bothered I most certainly never go there again

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Visited here on a Thursday evening when the place was approx. 3/4 full.
Geared towards dining for families with very reasonably priced food.
We ate in the large Conservatory dining area.
Contrary to other reviews the food we received was excellent.
Large portions, very well cooked and very tasty.
The staff were polite, well mannered and very helpful
A very enjoyable visit and would have no hesitation in returning.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“You get what you pay for.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I just returned back home from having tea,and quite honestly I feel disgusted from my meal. I ordered a 6x burger. The bread was ROCK HARD,I could not even bite into it. I had to take my burger apart and eat it with a fork. Not to mention the food took about,30 minutes to arrive to the table. This was my first and last time I will eat here. You really do get what you pay for,a £5 disgusting,non edible burger.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Old Rectory, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear SashaBowers,

Stockport, England, United Kingdom
“Poor Service & Poor Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We went to the Old Rectory last night for a meal for my son's 14th birthday and have to say that this place has gone downhill since we last ate there. Living nearby we have been here many times for meals and regularly pop in for a drink when we are out shopping. We sat outside last night and had a couple of drinks and went into the restaurant at 8.15pm and all the tables had "This table is reserved" cards on them. We could not believe that they would be booked up on a Wednesday night as there were at this point only about 5 tables with people at them. My husband asked a staff member if all the tables were actually reserved and she said no and said we could sit where we wanted so we chose a table. They probably lose a lot of custom by having these cards on all the tables as not everybody would question it. I ordered our food (for six people) at 8.32pm and at 8.50pm one of our starters arrived (3 were ordered). At 9.05pm I tried to find a staff member to ask how long our food would be and on finding one she went into the kitchen and said they were doing it now and would be a few minutes. It was 9.25pm before anything came out and this was our mains. I questioned about our starters and she should they are on their way. Starters arrived after main meal!!!! The food was no better than the service once it arrived. I had New York Chicken and the chicken was chewy and it was like it had been stood for hours and the bacon was mostly fat. My husband and daughter had the potato and leek pie and the pastry was rock hard and the filling was disgusting. My son had the toad in the hole as he loves yorkshire pudding. Well he didn't eat any of the yorkshire pud as his knife could not even cut through it. The only satisfactory meals were the two kids meals ordered for my niece and nephew. Nobody came over to ask us if we were happy with our meals and there were no staff about when we had finished as we were the last people to leave the restaurant at 10pm. The only thing that is different with this place since we last ate is that is it has been taken over by the Fayre-Square chain. I know this is a fairly cheap place to eat with two meals for £10 but you now actually get cheap meals where previously you got decent meals at a cheap price!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Old Rectory, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Andrea H,

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Old Rectory in regards to the food which you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.