I stayed here for two nights on the 12th and 13th September 2012. Check-in is at the main bar of the Toby Inn and I stayed on the second floor. Room was O.K and generally clean although the hotel had a slightly run down appearance overall. I had my evening meal at the carvery in the Toby and at £5.95 it was good value. However it also attracted a lot of local's of the chav kind for cheap meals. The cooked breakfast was very good.
The walls in the rooms are paper thin and on my second night I was woken at 1.30am by the next door occupant who had been locked out of the room by his wife / girlfriend and was banging loudly on the door for around 10 minutes at which point my patience reached breaking point and I shouted for him to stop but was totally ignored and he continued to bang on the door for the next 10 minutes before he gained entry. He and his partner then talked loudly for the rest of the night and were still going strong at 7am when I gave up any pretense of getting any sleep.
I would have liked to have awarded this hotel more stars but my stay was ruined by this noisy couple in the next room. Walls are to thin and needs some kind of sound proofing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heaton Chapel lodge offers quality budget accommodation right on the doorstep of Stockport and Manchester. It's a good base for visits to Manchester Conference Centre, or if you simply want to make the most of this vibrant part of the country. There's so much to do in the area, you'll be spoilt for choice. Stockport is blessed with some real hidden gems, including the stunning medieval Bramall Hall, the beautifully preserved tunnels of the Stockport air-raid shelters and the intriguing Hat Museum. Manchester needs little introduction, as it's famous for its prolific music scene, buzzing nightlife, world class shopping and two celebrated football teams. Further afield you can visit Cheadle, the scenic Cheshire Plain and the sweeping hills of the Peak District. All of these attractions are within striking distance, but you'll find great food just next door at Toby Carvery. So if you're a fan of freshly roasted joints and seasonal vegetables, you're in for a treat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Stockport, Heaton Chapel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Innkeeper`s Lodge Stockport Hotel Stockport
- Innkeeper's Lodge Stockport, Heaton Chapel Greater Manchester