“Love,love,love this restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Vienna
“Love,love,love this restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've eaten here at least a dozen times now and have enjoyed every visit enormously. The food is excellent, imaginative and beautifully executed, and the wine list is one of the best I've ever seen. This place is among the top restaurants in the Greater Manchester area, and certainly the best in Stockport, and I say this as someone who has eaten at The Fat Duck, French Laundry, Le Gavroche and many other places that are considered the top of their game. Owner Steve Pilling and his wife Alison are the friendliest and most charming hosts imaginable, and we have always been made to feel so welcome-so much so that I can only apologise for always being one of the last to leave this lovely restaurant! If only there were more good places like this where you can get great food for very reasonable prices. If you live in or are just staying in the Manchester area for a few days and are looking for a great place to eat, this is definitely the place to visit. Hope you enjoy it as much as I always do. Btw, the set menu on Monday is one of the best bargains in town.

• Visited November 2012

UK
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Had a lovely meal here, the food was gorgeous, service was excellent and the price was reasonable for what we got as we had the set menu.
I would definitely return!
The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because my friend though her main wasn't as hot as it should be, but she didn't complain to anyone. Am sure this would have been rectified if she'd said something.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
manchester
“damson again + great news”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

we went to damson again to celebrate our ruby wedding with family who did'nt get to go first time. what a meal, it was fantastic. we cannot wait for the new restaraunt to open in media city, maybe we'll get an invite to the opening. well worth a visit to heaton moor.

• Visited November 2012
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I visited this restaurant last Saturday having had recommendations to give it a try. We would also recommend this restaurant for the food, draft Peroni, and friendly, helpful staff; however, we did have difficulty finding somewhere nearby to park and we found the restaurant to be uncomfortably cold. I felt the radiators and they were switched off and every time the door opened there was an icy blast which meant I kept my woolly scarf on throughout the meal. I would definitely go again but when the weather is warmer!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The best birthday meal ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

As a seasoned diner and somebody who is fussy where I eat out and spend my hard earned money...I was somewhat weary after reading the damning reviews by a minority of disgruntled previous diners! All I can say is I'm glad I went sigh the majority...food fabulous, atmosphere spot on and the service very good...all this and 'not a sticky table' in sight!!! I do believe that any complaints about this fine establishment must come as a result of a diner wanting something for nothing maybe???... you should be ashamed of yourselves, I've eaten in many a fine dining restaurant and this is up there with the best of them.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere