“A real treat” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Manchester, UK
“A real treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

A warm and friendly welcome by the staff, great choices on the menu, something for everyone, the presentation was superb and the food tasted equally as good as it looked. The sweet potato chips are a must!!! Too full for a dessert. The quantity and quality was excellent - but this doesn't come cheap. Looking forward to going back.

• Visited November 2012

84% Recommend
Beit She'an, Israel
“A Quality Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Ever since it had opened, I had planned to visit, and a business trip to the area allowed this today. It is a smart place, not pretencious, but tasteful. I arrived early in the evening at about 1830 and there was only one group in there ( by the time I left,the place was full).

The staff were friendly and helpful.

My salt beef hash starter was tasty and a really nice idea, that I might try making at home some point. My Lamb Chops were done exactly how I like them, the roast potatoes were fine, perhaps a little bit overdone.

Afters was an upside down Apple and Cinnamon pie with a dollop of ice cream, and this too was good, not too sickly sweet.

Price was high ( but not excessive), portions were OK(perhaps a little small), but on the whole a place with a good atmsophere.

Would I go again? Yes.......if my company was paying!

Well done to Dan for setting up a top notch kosher scoff shop!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
england
“Impressed to the max!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

A couple of weeks ago i had a friend from Germany staying with me. As i knew that she was Muslim and abided by the Halal rules and the same with me with kosher i thought where else better to go than Rare Grill?

BOY, was I right.

The staff were friendly and inviting from the minute we stepped through the door. I started with the chicken liver bruschetta and my friend had the duck and nectarine salad. Both starters were plated beautifully and tasted even better.

For main course I had the medallions of ribeye which were phenomenal. They were small fillets cooked to my liking on a bed of mixed vegetables accompanied with mini tortellini, drizzled with a light hollandaise sauce. I can honestly say i have never had a better meal. The fillets were cooked to my liking precisely and the hollandaise sauce was neither too bland or too spicy.

My friend had a 250g ribeye with sweet potato chips which were to dye for. (i couldn't help but pinch 1 or 2!)

We both shared a creme brûlée to finish which was honestly the best creme brûlée i have ever tasted

Thank you to Daniel and his team!
We will most definitely be back soon!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Reading, United Kingdom
“Mouth Watering”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

At long last Manchester is home to one of the finest restaurants.
I count myself privileged to have visited some of the world’s most highly regarded restaurants and can honestly say that Manchester is fortunate to have Rare Grill in its midst. The food and service second to note and for those sceptics out there who think the price is a little steep, then they should look elsewhere. At Rare Grill the word quality takes on a whole new meaning.
If the same dish would be served at the world famous restaurant, The Palm on 2nd Avenue, Manhattan, New York you would be paying double the price!!
Well done and I look forward to dropping in again soon.
Dave

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good food but bad waitress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I visited with a colleague and the food that I had was terrific. well served, hot and tasty, loved the steak and the desert was terrific, all chocolatey and moist but the server that we had was very poor. She looked unhygenic and her hair and hands and even her glasses were dirty. She seemed uninterested in us and I had to ask for a glass of water 4 times before another waitress saw what was happening and brought me a glass straight away. The table was not cleared until the other waitress again saw what was happening and came to clear it. I can only assume that our waitress is the owners daughter because she would certainly not get a waiting job anywhere else. Bu the food was good and I would return as long as I get a different server.