“Cracking!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Cracking!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Visited a couple of times whilst the sun was shining.

Varied choice menu and a wicked beer garden that is in the sun all day - space is limited though!

Menu is a tad overpriced but the cakes and desert section makes up for the mediocre food.

The service certainly does too.

The menu could do with a change but it's your typical pub when you want a pint and a good scran!

Recommended!

• 3 of 5 stars Food

58% Recommend
manchester
“will not go again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have been going to the Woodthorpe a long time, not every week but about 3 times a year special occasions etc .So we were surprised to see the menu had changed and the prices have gone up 15% and may I say the food quality is not as good ,we went last sunday at teatime and the place was half empty, so im thinking others must have the same experience as us.
We have loved this place and recommended it to friends and family.
when I say the menu as been changed they have taken a lot of items off it making not as much choice mainly meals that we enjoyed so we wont be going again

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atherton, United Kingdom
“Based on the amount of time I come to the woodthorpe, I wish it would improve.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My family gatherings are generally based around eating here and I've got to be honest I have never enjoyed a meal properly because some part of the meal and dining experience always disappoints, we once ordered an america starter platter I must have been a platter from Iceland because it tasted the same, the carvery has been ropey on more than one occasion, they have redeemed themselves slightly with the cake away option but we live near two pubs they are the hands down best at that concept.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Nice pub, great cakes, just needs to up its game again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Living so close to this pub me and my partner go pretty often. We do really like it and the staff are really nice and friendly, we've got so many experiences here its impossible to pick specific visits out. I would recommend here, it's gorgeous inside and the landlord and lady are always really nice and pleasant.
The only thing is its one of the most expensive pubs around for drinks, we go for convenience there's the friendship just down the road that we go to if the weathers nice to walk back. They've upped the price on the meal deals which considering it included a drink is still ok for value, but I have noticed the menu changed and it's really not as good as it was. Even the food quality is beginning to lack.
For the prices of this maybe work out what's cheaper for you, the meal deal here or 2 for 1 at the friendship.
I hope they rectify this as I have a lot of friends that have said the same thing an as a result they choose to go elsewhere. Pull your socks up and keep up with the competition before its too late, I love it here, But maybe it will end up worth that short walk elsewhere.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Quality Food. Quality Prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Visited for the first time on Father's Day, didn't have a booking but was accommodated very quickly!! Saw the cakes on our way in...WOW (more on that later) we went for the 3 course carvery for £16.25 it included a free drink too! Starter was excellent and our carvery was even better...great choice and really fresh. Don't be put off by walking "through the toilets" you don't go through the toilets just walk the same corridoor! Now onto them cakes...they are huge and delicious and best thing is, if you can't stomach it just yet they offer a takeaway service!! Very impressed overall!

• 5 of 5 stars Food