“Wonderful dining experience.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 217 Restaurants in Oldham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The White Hart is a quintessentially English Inn with Rooms. Heart warming log fires in winter, a wine list for the discerning palate yet affordable, great range of cask ales at pub prices and a 12 strong kitchen team. Bread is baked daily on the premises, produce is locally sourced and the menu is described as 'rustic dining with flair and there desserts are to die for!' The establishment is featured in over ten guide books including the Michelin, AA, Hardens, and CAMRA. We look forward to welcoming you.
Oldham
“Wonderful dining experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Recently visited this pub for the first time for a meal in the restaurant. All I can say it was a fabulous experience. All of the courses provided were of an excellent quality and served beautifully.Service was outstanding and prices fair.
Only small critism is portions were on smaller side. Glad I wasn't starving when I sat down. However the quality made up for the quantity.
Would visit again thanks.

• Visited September 2013

“Fantastic Wedding Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We recently held our wedding reception at the White Hart. We live in the same village and as a family we've held many birthdays, Christmases and corporate events there. As a result we know all the staff personally and when we booked our wedding we knew that we didn't need to view any other venues. The ceremony was across the road at St. Anne's Church and our guests were so pleased to just walk over the road to the reception! Through the whole process of planning the wedding we were in good hands and nothing was too much trouble. We had 53 guests in the restaurant, which had a wonderful atmosphere. The meal was wonderful, everyone commented on how good the food was - with my husband's boss saying it was the best wedding meal he's ever had and he said he's been to lots of weddings!! All the staff were so attentive and professional. The following morning all our family joined us for breakfast, there were even personalised menus. We all agreed the breakfast was delicious and really rounded off the whole event. I look forward visiting the White Hart again and again. Thanks you so much.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Couldn't have been better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Whilst planning our wedding I came across The White Heart as a possible place for our special day, it was the first place I had looked at and from the moment I walked through the door I knew this was the place I would like to get married at, I didn't even look at any other places!
It has a very warm and welcoming feel to the place.
As my now husband and I had been married previously we didn't want a church wedding and the Library at the White Heart was such a perfect place for our ceremony having 44 guests it was a great size for the personal service we were requiring.
Following the service we had a while to meet and chat with all our guests in the bar area before we sat down to our Wedding Breakfast- the food was fantastic and ALL our guests commented on how beautiful the food was,we definately made the right choice at out taster evening which we had a couple of weeks prior to the wedding where we got to sample different dishes from the menu ( but I have to say everything we sampled was gorgeous !)
The gardens were great for our photos, even the weather was kind to us.
I also must add that the staff were all so helpful and from the minute I walked in the place,nothing was too much trouble. Our bedroom was lovely followed by a great breakfast in the morning.
I really would struggle to say anything negative about my experience at the White Heart, so thank you to you all.

“WEDDING BREAKFAST”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We recently attended a wedding at the White Hart which was lovely. But the following morning
family and friends attended the wedding breakfast. What a farce that turned out to be . One would have thought that the main serving tables would have been set with cereals, milk dishes etc.,
no 2 small bowl of cereals no dishes no milk nothing it was disgrace.No tea or coffee staff
running backwards and forwards. Gave up on the cereals and asked for a pot of tea please, which arrived when l had almost finished my cooked breakfast which was poor to say the least,
it does help if it arrives hot which on our table at the back it was cold.May l suggest that the
manager, staff & owner take a ten minute drive to the Premier Inn and see how a real breakfast
is served hot fresh and plentiful and half the price of the White Hart. Sorry Mr. Brierley l will
not be staying at the White Hart

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
CharlesBrierley, Owner at The White Hart Inn at Lydgate, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Guest
I agree entirely with your comments.
Breakfast service that day was unacceptable and an embarrassment, please accept my sincere apologies.
I am pleased that you enjoyed the wedding the day before.
Yours sincerely
Charles Brierley
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Our first experience of the White Hart.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I went to the White Hart on Saturday to have the Taster menu as a birthday treat for my wife.
there were several pluses as well as one or two minuses but the overall experience was a positive one.

Firstly the positives.
I found the food to be very good.
the ambience was good and relaxed and the décor was extremely tasteful.
Generally, the Staff were helpful and enthusiastic although there was the occasional example of rushing about you wouldn't associate with, for example, the more measured atmosphere generally associated with a Michelin establishment. Perhaps indicative maybe of some younger members of staff still bedding into their roles?
I also found the experience to be very good value for money (and it could've been even better - see below!)
now the negatives - much outweighed by the positives.
In my experience of Taster menus, I found the first four courses quite rushed. on an adjacent table, the lady had to ask for her glass of wine on one occasion after the relevant dish had arrived for that glass although this didn't happen with us.
Could do with perhaps a little longer per course?
After the first 4 courses, the service slowed as the restaurant got busier so the wine arrived 10-15 minutes before the food on one occasion rather than the two minutes previously.
Also, at one course, the food and cutlery arrived simultaneously after the young waitress had tried to take the cutlery to the adjacent table.
I was a touch disappointed to find the Taster menu final course was a (smaller than the a la carte) cheese plate as I would've liked the chef to give us one another example of his innovative cooking. It didn't help that the Tables around us had all taken the FULL cheeseboard (excellent value at £8.50) so I knew what I was missing and ended up ordering a second cheeseboard from the a la carte! I do like cheese. A lot.
Finally, the bill was wrong (in our favour) and this had happened earlier on another adjacent table perhaps again indicating a lack of experience amongst the staff?
But hey, these were observations and we'd certainly go again.
Keep up the good work and address these small deficiencies and I'd recommend the White Hart to anyone.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
CharlesBrierley, Owner at The White Hart Inn at Lydgate, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear reviewer.

Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated.

I will be referring to your comments at our next team meeting.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your evening.

Regards