“Goood night out at the right price” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
saddleworth
“Goood night out at the right price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

The new menu at this old saddleworth favourite is certainly good value and the skills of the three crowns recently appointed chef are well to the fore. I particularly liked the starter of a half pint of fresh unpeeled prawns. It was literally served in a half pint glass with fresh dip and homemade bread. Yummy. I followed with a main of beautifully cooked and served lambs liver. Great value. Great night. Well done Ray snd team!

Visited June 2013

Oldham, United Kingdom
“Superb Spanish Evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

What a great night of excellent food & wines hosted by Catalan Legend Pepe.
The food selection was superb (well done to chef Anthony Byrom) with wines complementing each course!
Pepe was informative about each wine and spoke about the Spanish wine regions which was the final garnish to a special evening.
Well done to Ray and Sue.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Spanish evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Without doubt one of the nicest meals out we have had, the food , the wine and the fantastic service was all superb. Everybody who was on our table of 7 enjoyed the evening and the food. Each course was outstanding and looked exquisite and the wine we had was also first class. We look forward to more evenings like this and would recommend it to every one we know, thanks again to all the staff and to Ray and Sue.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chadderton
“Disappointed with new menu and new chef”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was one of my favourite places to eat and I was looking forward to the meal. There is now a new chef and the food on offer is less innovative and more pub grub. I found it difficult to choose a meal that would fit in with healthy eating as most of the fish on offer came with batter on it! My husband chose slices of 28 day matured rump for his main - he got plenty, but it was very tough and dry and he didn't really enjoy it and had a problem cutting it. I had chicken on roasted peppers and vegetables as I didn't fancy anything else - this is something I often make at home as it is so easy. It was just about OK - the chicken was a bit dry. I prefer to have something I can't make at home when eating out, otherwise why bother.
We didn't have dessert as the meal hadn't been of great quality and I was horrified to pay nearly £4 for two tiny slimline tonics in a large glass - one isn't enough and as I never have caffeine, I didn't want a diet coke, but as the driver I wasn't having alcohol. My husband's pint was cheaper!
I am very disappointed with the food and the rather uninterested waiting staff - two young lads.
Overall not impressed, so we won't rush back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Glossop, United Kingdom
“Poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Booked a table for 8 p.m. Saturday 1st June for four people. Finally got our table at about 8.45 p.m.Starter arrived eventually. Then we were asked if would like the sweet menu. Informed the waiter we hadn't had our main course and said we had booked our table for 8 p.m. and wondered where our main meals where.. We eventually got our main meals at 10 p.m.
At 10.50 p.m. we were asked if we would like to sweet menu. Sweets arrived at 11.10 p.m.
Couldn't fault the food but the service was appalling. Would not go back. When you book at table you expect it to be ready when you arrive and not have to wait 45 mins without any explanation other than your table will be 5 mins they are just finishing their sweets!
An absolute joke. Really spoilt what could have been a nice meal out.( we were given a free drink). Not really acceptable when you have re-booked.

• Visited April 2013