I have visited Smokies Park several times over the years - to the club, the bar and to the different restaurants that have been on the site. These have always been fine, though for some reason I had (wrongly) never had a high opinion of the hotel itself. The only reason that I can possibly think of is down to its location, midway between Ashton and Oldham town centres, next door to pretty much nothing.
My partner and I were attending a wedding reception so decided to stay over too. We were pleasantly surprised by all aspects. Check in and out was friendly and efficient. The room was a good size and well kept, comfortable bed and good television. Bar service was quick and efficient. The room that the reception washeld in was lovely.
The only apparent downside to our visit was that we felt that the food and drink were overpriced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near Manchester on the A627, between Oldham and Ashton-under-Lyne, with Manchester City Centre and Manchester Airport only a short drive away. Each of the delightfully furnished and spacious en-suite bedrooms are complete with 32" Flatscreen Freeview TVs, direct dial telephone and Free Wi-fi, hairdryer, garment press and tea and coffee making facilities, Free Parking and all the facilities you would expect from a modern, comfortable hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Hotel Smokies Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Oldham
- Best Western Smokies Park
- Oldham Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Hotel Smokies Park Oldham, Greater Manchester