plus points and minus points but overall would not stay here again
We booked a Quadruple room (double plus two singles) as we have two teenagers. On arrival we were told the singles were folded under the double bed and would need to be assembled - by us! I am on medication for my back and had just been driving for the last 7 hours so the receptionist said that on this occasion she could get the janitor to put the beds up but "it's not normal policy for us to put the beds up, that's just the way it is".
The room looked basic but clean, however the double bed and both bedside cabinets needed moving out of the way to get the singles beds out from underneath. The receptionist then offered us an "upgrade" - for an extra charge. We accepted as it meant we were moved to a suite with two rooms and the beds were already made up.
The two rooms were plenty big enough and had good size windows to let lots of light in. The beds were clean, the bathroom was clean, there were enough clean towels and extra pillows and there was a kettle, tea/coffee plus a tv in both rooms, though one remote. All plus points
- The carpet did look hoovered but was very grubby looking and there was a large reddish stain in one area - we kept our socks on at all times.
- The curtains were stained with something. The main room could be seen into from the car park and was overlooked by plenty of other buildings but there were no net curtains so we kept the curtains closed at all times.
- The walls were grubby and marked.
- The heaters gave off a strange metallic smell, we didn't dare leave them on whilst we were out the room.
- No telephone in the room to contact reception
We put up with the above minus points and resolved not to stay there again, personal choice but I would have put the same review as I have just done as it wasn't absolutely awful.....
We cut our stay short and booked out a day early because as we were getting ready to go out for the day a MOUSE ran out from my shoes, through my daughters legs and then under the double bed!!!
When I told reception (same woman who booked us in) she just said matter of factly "oh, dear I'll have to call pest control". I said I wanted a refund so the receptionist called the manager - then came off the phone and promptly handed me one nights stay in cash.
The manager didn't come to see us and the receptionist didn't seem shocked by the situation so I can only presume that this has happened before.
We will definitely not being using this hotel again
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your 247Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Oldham Manchester Street Hotel Oldham
- 247Hotel Oldham, Greater Manchester