“Great new place!!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 226 Restaurants in Bury
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Street Food
Description: Pum Thai Restaurant specialises in Thai street food with a modern twist. Our motto is do simple, use natural, create beauty. We use no MSG or artificial flavours or preservatives only the freshest ingredients cooked to order! We also offer Thai cooking classes in a fun environment showing people how to make beautiful food quickly and simply.
Manchester
“Great new place!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My sister and I went on Friday before a trip to the cinema. The food was very tasty, we had satay chicken and chilli beef to start which was very fresh and spiced just right. I then had the Pum Lesson Meal (can't remember the exact name) which was a noodle dish with a prawn omelette on the top, it was lovely and tasty.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant, you can have mini meals which would be ideal for a small lunch if that is what you fancy, although I'd have a full meal cos I'm greedy.

The manager was a lovely guy who is very enthusiastic about his restaurant so it would be great if more people go. The rest of the staff were very friendly including one of the chefs who smiled and said hello when she saw me.

Give it a go!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PumDarren, Owner at Pum Thai Restaurant, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thanks for taking time to review, the whole team look forward to reading your kind words, they put a lot of work into making customers experience here a good one so thanks once again and we hope to see you very soon :)

Manchester, England
“Lovely food and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Having travelled to Thailand in the past, Thai food is one of my favourites, but good thai food can be hard to find in the UK. As such, I was really surprised to discover this place just a mile from where I live and bang smack in the middle of Bury Town Centre. I have been twice now (June and August 2013) and on both occasions the food has been tasty and well presented. The staff have also been incredibly helpful and friendly. The only downside has been that on both occasions I have been it has been virtually empty, and unless people start to visit I can't see how it can survive in the long term. Anyway, all this reviewing is making me hungry... I might go again tonight!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for taking time to review it means a lot. We are so pleased you enjoyed your time hear at Pum and look forward to welcoming you back very soon ;)
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Just returning from a meal there and we (me and my girlfriend) weren't impressed. Food was bland, ingredients sub par (the chicken and beef used in my starter and main were tough and indistinguishable apart from colour). We went on a Saturday evening and the place was nearly empty. We were served by a trainee waitress, this wasn't an issue in itself, but she was made to wear a garish pink t-shirt with 'trainee' sprawled across it, a small badge saying trainee will suffice. The Buddha lounge in Ramsbottom is a much better experience.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for leaving this review, I'm sorry you felt your experience was not up to par and I apologise for this, its not what we expect or like to hear. I'm not sure as to why you cannot distinguish between beef and chicken as they taste totally different when eaten with no seasoning of flavours? It would have been nice to know what you ordered and did you bring this to our attention when you were here? you mustn't have otherwise we would have addressed the issue immediately. As for the trainee waitresses t-shirt it is baby pink which all the girls love, it shows a logo stating I am a trainee. Had the trainee been male it would have been baby blue. They wear these so that the customers can distinguish which of our staff are experienced to those who are "trainees", they only receive the orange family t-shirt when they are fully trained in all aspects of the role ensuring excellent service, I'm just sorry you don't like pink :(
Manchester
“Authentic Thai spicy heaven, love it!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I'm a lover of good authentic Thai food and this lived up to our expectation. All cooked fresh using lovely fragrant ingredients.
The beautiful, cheery waitress gave some good recommendations and if its not overly busy, they are able to mix & match some dishes. The place soon filled up though. The manager is a local, friendly guy who enthuses about his food, all made fresh with a clear passion for Thailand.
The one slight comment would be that the restaurant is a little clinical and could do with some soft furnishings, drapes just to warm it up a little. Just felt the concrete stairs were a tad industrial for me but in no way put me off, I will be returning & taking friends very soon. Yum yum!! Highly recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking time to review it really does mean a lot to the whole team and we hope to provide you with more exciting flavours in the near future. Regarding the décor, this is simply because we are based on Thai street food not royal Thai, if we where to use too much soft furnishing within the restaurant it would create a confusing concept ;) see you soon we hope!
Leeds, UK
“Outstanding - simple as that”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Went for lunch at this new restaurant yesterday and I came away full and very, very happy. The decor is contemporary and bright. Clean, nicely presented with the kitchen in full view of the entire restaurant. Upon arrival, the manager explained the menu to us, how different dishes taste and how they compliment each other. He made some recommendations to us which we went with - and he was absolutely right - we were amazed by the flavours and the quality of the food.

I have traveled to Thailand many times and this is some of the best and most authentic food I've eaten outside of the country. Cannot recommend this place highly enough.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
What can I say, kind words indeed. the team are delighted with this review. They take real pride in everything they do so when they read reviews like this they can see their hard work pays off thank you!