“Village Manchester Bury” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Village Urban Resort Manchester Bury

You added Village Urban Resort Manchester Bury to your Saves list
Village Urban Resort Manchester Bury
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Waterfold Business Park | Rochdale Road, Bury BL9 7BQ, England (Formerly De Vere Village Manchester Bury)   |
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Bury
Wales
“Village Manchester Bury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We regularly stay at this hotel when on business trips.We find the staff on reception knowlegeable and welcoming,especially Gina, and the service both in the hotel and restaurant excellent.The room is always cleaned to a high standard and the beds are comfortable.Any issue is dealt with promptly and efficiently.Spa facilities also very good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Tracy H, General Manager at Village Urban Resort Manchester Bury, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear SimonWales,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent visit to us.

I am delighted to hear that during your regular visits to us you have found the Reception team to be very welcoming and knowledgeable especially Gina. I am also pleased to hear that your room has always been cleaned to a high standard, your bed comfortable and the service excellent with everything being dealt with promptly.

Thank you once again for sharing your kind comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Tracy Harrison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My partner and i spent a night here recently after winning a free nights stay & meal at a recent event in a raffle.

We were lucky enough to go when it was warm and sunny so we spent time sun bathing in the outdoor area near the indoor pool, using the pool & jacuzzi etc and then having a very nice meal in the Verve restaurant which has good offers on.

The breakies were very good too and the room was of good quaility also apart from a dodgy loo.

We live nearby so probably won't return (unless we won another night of course), but anyone coming to Bury who don't mind a busy (and at times very loud) hotel, then is the place for them as it's so accessible also.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tracy H, General Manager at Village Urban Resort Manchester Bury, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear JuddyManchester,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear you had a great time with us, and made full use of our facilities including sunbathing in the outdoor area near the indoor pool.

Accrington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Common areas of the hotel very modern, our room very chintzy and basic but most importantly it was spotless, decor definitely need an update, bathroom adequate, sleep quality good, good location for transport networks, would stay here again for if the price was right.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Tracy H, General Manager at Village Urban Resort Manchester Bury, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear ff82,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that the Hotel was spotless and more importantly you experienced a quality nights sleep.

Unfortuately I do not have the information of the room you stayed in but we do have two styles of bedroom with one being being slightly more modern than the other. We are also upgrading some of our guest rooms to 'Upper deck' at the end of this month and these will include luxury touches like iPod docks, super-comfy Sealy Bedzzz, star bucks, Sky movies and pinchable toiletries.

Thank you once again for sharing your feed back and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed in August for £99 per night 2 adults 2 children D, B&B kids eat free deal, brilliant good quality hotel with excellent facilities, kids loved the huge pool, i loved the pool , sauna, steam troom and jacuzzi, will definately go to a de vere village hotel again if they are like this, great pub, fantastic food at the verve restaurant, lots of choice, very impressed. look out for the deals on their website.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear HunnybunnyWales,

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment regarding your recent stay with us. I am absolutely delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us and really pleased to tell you that all Village Hotels have the same facilities.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Lots of things to do, pools spa's etc so that's good. The rooms are well kept and comfy. Breakfast, plenty of choice and as much as you want from a buffet service. Staff friendly and helpful with free internet and morning paper in reception.
The walls in the rooms, you can hear noise in the next room. Noise from the corridor. There is a large gym and pool so you do get a lot of people using the hotel who are not residents.
Good to see a couple having an argument on the carpark first thing of the morning.
I think it tries to impress with quality but just quite misses.
Ok hotel but could do better,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear andystriumph,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that there was plenty for you to do during your stay, your room was comfortable and you had a great start to the day with a good plentiful breakfast.

We are hugely popular with in the local community with numerous people coming through our doors on a daily basis to use all of our facilities such as the state of the art Gym, large swimming pool, Health works, Victory pub and Star bucks or to attend one of our fantastic tribute nights which we host in our large Conference space.

I am really sorry to hear that you felt we could do better in terms of quality. The Hotel is over 12 years old and is maintained to a high standard given the large foot fall we have through our doors. we do try and appeal to the mass market giving quality at affordable prices which we do so very well but I do appreciate that we are not always going to be to everybody's liking.

Thank you once again for sharing your feed back and we do hope to see you again in the near future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Booked for a family break over August Bank Holiday Weekend, not first choice but at last minute was all available,
All I can say is much better than expected, we arrived a little early and room not ready , however, staff were welcoming, polite and more than happy to come and find us once room was ready.
Stayed in family room, which consisted of a Queens size bed and pull down double sofa bed, little tip, just sleep on the mattress of the pull down bed much more comfortable without the frame,
Spa facilities are great, pool and loungers are lovely, fantastic sitting on the loungers in the conservatory watching the rain and black clouds rumble over ( well it is August Bank Holiday)..
Breakfast 1st class too, buffet style with plenty of choice, there are busy timeas but thats to be expected.
Bury Market and the Town Centre are 20 minutes walk away, pleasanty surprised at the Town Centre lots of lovely shops, although the Market is about 20 years behind the times which is cute but unless you want a black pudding or a acrylic cardigan not much else going on...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Allywalks,

Please accept my apologies for the slight delay in responding to your comments. Having recently joined the Hotel it has taken slightly longer than I had anticipated for my profile to be updated to enable me to post management responses.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I am really pleased to hear that the Hotel was better than you had expected and that the team were welcoming and polite, they were delighted when they read your comments.

The August Bank Holiday was terrible and I absoluely agree what a fantastic way to spend it lying on a lounger by the side of a large heated swimming pool.

I am delighted you enjoyed our extent breakfast buffet, we are hugely popular at the weekends and breakfast can get busy but we do anticipate this by advertising our peak times around the Hotel to help the flow and deter people from coming down at the same times.

Thank you once again for sharing your feed back and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Cheshire England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Took my 7 months pregnant wife here for a "relaxing" night away on Saturday of bank holiday.
The rooms are okay, however we found a half empty cigarette packet and a lighter under the sofa.
The spa is okay however we were put off the water when a young child had a toilet accident in the shallow jacuzzi resulting in small floaters in the water.
We dined at the pub across the road as there was only one vegetarian option on the menu in the hotel bar.
Our room was at the front of the hotel which was a nightmare as the party people congregated below and the smell of smoke drifted in to our room which was disgusting.
The live music for the bar started at 9pm and went on til late. Not only could we hear the beat but also every word the lady was singing.
We had had enough by 11pm and checked out as this was not a hotel for relaxing in.
Will not be returning.
Grateful that the hotel have refunded the cost of our room

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Aimes1980,

I was really concerned when my team told me at 8am the following Sunday morning that you had checked out from the Hotel following your noise complaint and I immediately arranged the refund for you, I am delighted that this was to your satisfaction. I did email you that very morning to inform you of this to which you did not respond. I did also try and call you to discuss your complaint on the number we had for you but unfortunately did not get the opportunity to speak with you.

I take all customer feed back very seriously as its paramount to the success of the business and its a shame that you did not respond to my email and allow us an opportunity to discuss this further as I was not aware of the other issues you had encountered other than the noise.

I was very surprised to hear that you saw floaters in the water, We have no records of anything being reported on that day and all of our areas are checked and documented every 30 minutes. We have an external leisure member base of +4000 plus our Hotel guests using our Gym and pool facilities and very seldom receive negative feed back from these areas.

I am still very keen to discuss your feed back with you so please contact me should you wish to discuss it further.

Thank you for sharing your feed back and I do hope to speak with you in the near future.

Tracy Harrison

Been to Village Urban Resort Manchester Bury? Share your experiences!