“Very Helpful Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Bolholt Country Park Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Bolholt Country Park Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Bolholt Country Park Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Walshaw Road, Bury BL8 1PU, England (Formerly BEST WESTERN Bolholt Hotel & Leisure Club)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Bury
Runcorn
“Very Helpful Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Upon arrival the housing estate and the old works buildings just before the hotel entrance were a bit off putting as I was expecting somewhere in the countryside. However the drive into the hotel looks very pleasant.
We were given room 3 which is up a very steep flight of stairs. The room wasnt that enticing, it was clean but basic. After asking for a different room the reception staff were very willing to swap our room to room 28 which was again a little basic but a big improvement on the first. I must admit at this point I wasnt expecting things to get much better, I'm pleased to say I was wrong, after a swim in the pool and a sauna and jacuzzi my impression was somewhat different. All the staff were very helpful and friendly which is of most importance, our meal was superb and very plentiful, the chips we absolutely piping hot and the steak was cooked perfectly. The best part about this hotel is the price, I thought I got real value for money and thoroughly enjoyed our stay, so glad we swapped rooms though as the wedding party adjacent to the reception was quite noisy. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and wanted a bit of peace and quiet which we got. Many thanks to the friendly staff. keep up the good work :)

Room Tip: Pick somewhere away from the reception area
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RobBolholt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Bolholt Country Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased you had a nice stay with us. I hope you do visit us again so we can provide you with the pleasant experience you have had with us.

Duty Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

A shabby, downmarket hotel with food like school dinners. On the plus side, we encountered lovely staff; young, friendly and helpful. The management needs to do some serious investing. Very poor value for money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
RobBolholt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Bolholt Country Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for your recent review. Firstly let me apologise with regards to the food, I am sorry you felt the meals were not up to standard. I have passed your comments on to the chef's to ensure the problem is not repetitive. I will also pass your comments on to head office with regards to the appearance of the hotel.

I am pleased you found our staff helpful and friendly.

Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

We held my mothers 60th birthday party here as I have attended a few weddings here in the past. Excellent all round. Hayloft suite seems perfect for any occassion. I'm sure I'll be back again and again. If I had to pick a negative I could only say the beds are a bit too soft but I do like a solid mattress. I recommend this place to everyone. Excellent :)

• Stayed August 2012
RobBolholt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Bolholt Country Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I'm delighted you had such a pleasent experience with us, I am pleased your mothers 60th went so well. I hope you do visit us again soon.

Warwick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This was our second visit to this hotel .It has a fabulous leisure centre . Great value clean rooms and attentive staff. The low point of this stay was breakfast .. . . . . . Poor quality sausages ! Please, if you have to cut costs do away with shower caps and shoe cleaners and save the great British banger. [ no member of staff could tell us what the meat was and that's never a good thing]

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. Please let me apologise, I'm surprised the staff didn't know what meat the sausages were, they are pork and I am sorry they were not up to standard. I hope this experience will not stop you from visiting us again. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the staff helpful.

We hope to see you again soon.

Brighton , East Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stay here regularly on business. Nice hotel plenty of free on site parking. Very clean nice rooms comfortable beds and great breakfast cooked fresh to order. All meals I have had have been very very good quality , and can't really fault anything. First class fitness centre with swimming pools, gym , steam room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review. I am delighted to hear you enjoy staying with us. We look forward to welcomming you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights with our dog. Great walks nearby.Good breakfast.Great Gym etc. When we booked they said dogs were allowed in the bar.However when we got there we were told that they weren't! This was slightly annoying,but they said we could bring him for the length of our stay.The shower was a bit slow.The staff were great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
RobBolholt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Bolholt Country Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased you found the staff helpful and the area was to your liking.

I hope you come to visit us again.

Preston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for one night apparently upgraded to bridal suite which was a piece of dirty white netting attached to wall!! Food was unedible at evening meal and breakfast. Staff were hard working and apologetic. Spa and swimming pool great.

• Stayed July 2012
RobBolholt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Bolholt Country Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Firstly I would like to thank you for your recent review. Please let me apologise on behalf of the hotel for not meeting your expectations. I'm pleased the staff were helpful and you enjoyed the leisure facilities. We are always looking for ways to improve with all departments so your comments are appreciated. If you wish to discuss this with me any further please contact me: bolholtdutymanager@lavenderhotels.co.uk.

Duty Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN Bolholt Country Park Hotel? Share your experiences!