“Relaxed atmosphere - good food.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary, Bistro, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Relaxed atmosphere - good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

ME and my boyfriend often pop in to Barista when shopping in Bury for breakfast, lunch or just a drink and have always had good service and good food. Very nice little cafe with a relaxed atmosphere and not too pricey.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Bury, United Kingdom
“best cafe/bistro in bury=by a mile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

ive been in here alone or with my wife and also with a 2 year old girl we sometimes take out, so over 20 times in total
the service is the best ive experienced in this country, the food has never disapointed,and ive tried loads of stuff off the normal menu and also the daily specials ,
vicky and her staff provide real friendly company
we feel like we are with friends, not like some of the large chain coffee shops with some gormless faceless non entity serving you, i wont enter foot in one of those places, my wife tells me about them
if you havent visited barista then do so now, you wont be disapointed
i would also just mention the bistro nights, last saturday of each month , great value at under £20 per head, with great live music to go with it, fantastic
i beleive there is more of these events to be held in december, but please check first

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great service, lovely atmosphere, but food was mutton dressed as lamb”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I visited here on a Sunday. The service was excellent and the range of the menu was very impressive for a small place. The food was very well presented - garnish salad was lovely. I didn't have a bad experience but I feel pushed to say the experience was worth 4 stars. For me, everything I have mentioned so far is secondary to the quality of the food. For people that value everything I have mentioned, please ignore my review and treat it as a 5 star review.
So, why do I think the food quality wasn't all that? I had fishcakes to start. Despite the really lovely salad garnish, the actual fishcake only tasted of potato - there was no taste of haddock. I prefer chunks of fish and to be able to taste the fish in the fishcake. I was also put off when the waitress said, she "wasn't sure is they had any in". For the price, I would expect homemade and meaty fishcakes.
My main was steak ciabatta, which was quite tasty, though for £9 or so, I expected more than half a ciabatta and the quality of the steak was very average.
I tasted my wife's burger and the pattie tasted just like a frozen burger.
All of this would be ok, but the meal for 4 of us, with coffees and 3 starters to share was £60. I expect more for this, personally.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Manchester
“Excellent Eggs Benedict”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

A great place to stop for breakfast when shopping in Bury. The menu is varied and they will even make things that aren't on the menu for fussy eaters. The milkshakes are very good as is the usual daily deal of coffee and cake. The staff are very friendly and service is good. It is always busy on a Saturday when the market it on and as it is quite small you may have to wait for a table but it is worth the wait. The Eggs Benedict are my particular favourite.

Visited September 2012
Bury, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Lovely Atmosphere and Very Nice Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I have been coming to this place since it opened and can honestly say we have never had a bad meal or bad experience. Wether you try the breakfasts, snacks or main courses the food is always nicely presented and tastes lovely. Vicky and her staff always greet us with a warm and friendly smile and always make us feel like royalty. I recommend trying their Bistro Night which is held on the last Saturday of each month. It's a set menu dinner with a choice of desert for those who can manage it. It also comes with a complimentary glass of wine each and includes entertainment too in the form of an acoustic band playing relaxing classics and also some modern songs too. A very enjoyable night. And all for the price of £19.95 each. Bargain!
I can not recommend this place enough.

Calum & Sarah