“Great Works do !!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Great Works do !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My Collegues and I recently had our christmas party at the swan and everyone had a fantastic time. the restraunt food was to die for, and the staff coped brilliantly with or large booking (25). i personally chose off the specials menu and found the dish to be of a higher standard then I expected, certainly not your traditional 'pub grub'. Our initail plan was to movbe on into Manchester however our booking fell on the pubs Karaoke night therefore we decided to stay. A great night was had by all and we already discussing the return trip next christmas.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fab food, lovely restaurant, Going again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Firstly thank you so much to the staff for a making a horrible cold day lovely. I dined here just before New Year and again last week. I absolutely love it. The food is really lovely and I eat out a lot so have quite high expectations. The Chicken Wellington is to die for.
This was recommended to me by the owner who came over to say hello - nice touch! I had my reservations as I love steak in ale, Beef wellington - hearty food. This dish is amazing, you need to try it!
There are only positive things to say, portions are hearty and great service. Try this great restaurant and lovely pub. I even bought their Charity Calendar supporting Bury Hospice! Highly recommended and a much needed addition to the area.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“overpriced bland food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Booked a table for 16 people well in advance. We Arrived on time and was shown 4 separate tables each sitting 4 persons..... I can understand that seating 16 on one table is not easy, but this was not explained to us at time of booking or even when we arrived. After some rearranging the tables by ourselves (which at no point did any staff offer to help) we managed to make 2 tables each seating 8 persons. Overall the food was VERY bland and overpriced for the poor quality of food. Food can only be described as cheap pub grub but the price doesn't reflect it. Poor, poor food. Would never return!

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
manchester
“over priced drinks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Average food, overpriced drinks, nice surroundings though and good service. Good atmosphere in the pub, but its the drinks that's the killer, they charge Manchester prices for beer and extortionate prices for anything but house wine, check prices before you order!

Visited November 2012
“OKAY”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I had heard really good things, and decided to look at the menu online, all looked and sounded very nice so phoned and got a table for 7pm that night!

My boyfriend had soup if the day and said it was mediocre, then having heard good things about the cheese and onion pie I decided to go for that, I have had far better put it that was it was very bland, the chips were too thickly cut and the veg not only looked horrid and like what you'd get out of a tin it tasted that way too!

I wouldn't go back, far better pub food in bury for the same price and some even cheaper!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere