“a gem of a hotel in every way” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hogarths Stone Manor

You added Hogarths Stone Manor to your Saves list
Hogarths Stone Manor
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   A448 Kidderminster-Bromsgrove Road | Kidderminster, Stone DY10 4PJ, England (Formerly BEST WESTERN Stone Manor Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stone
Certificate of Excellence 2014
norfolk uk
“a gem of a hotel in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

family holiday from 27/12/12 to 29/12/12.rooms 50 and 51.
exterior of hotel set the theme for the holiday WOW .spectacular tudor mansion with all the eye appeal you would expect.grounds stunning.staff polite friendly and eager to please including management.rooms spacious with nice bathrooms.child friendly.very clean(well done house keeping)choice of large lounges withhuge comfy sofas.food was spectacular and restaurant staff excellent.pianist a nice touch.wedding on while there but not an issue.well done to all staff we stay at lots of hotels and this is in our favourite list.will be back

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
James R, General Manager at Hogarths Stone Manor, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Good Morning, Thank you so much for you lovely review and we are so pleased you had a great stay.. And of course for the recommendation to your friends which is always good to hear from someone who has stayed there and can genuinely give an honest review and feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back again and wishing you a great 2013!!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
merseyside
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is a lovely hotel but our stay was marred by noise from a wedding reception right under the room. I tried to sleep but had to get up and wait until the music stopped at nearly one o'clock in the morning. You couldn't hear the tune but just a constant thump,thump,thump. This is the only time my partner,Shirley has been glad to be hard of hearing.
As a consequence we were later for breakfast than normal and arrived at about the time all the wedding guests did. We then had to queue for about 15 minutes for a table. I expect to queue for a bus but not a restaurant. There seemed little effort by the staff to solve this problem. They could have taken names and at least let us sit down until tables were ready.
When we checked out I mentioned this to the receptionist who was apologetic but then asked if I had been warned when I booked in. From this I gather the hotel know of this problem but do nothing about it. On checking my bill I found I had been charged for a bottle of wine I did not order and had the bill amended.
These things spoiled what would have been an excellent break at what is a really nice hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid room 24 This should only be let to guests who are attending the function below
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Happy New Year!! Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us. I can only apologise for the noise you experienced from the Wedding in the Patio suite and yes we do try to put guests attending functions in this suite in other rooms, but on this ocassion we did not meet your expectations and communication broke down, for which again I can only apologise.
From re reading your review and also your score, everything else was ok and should you decide to return to stay with us, which I hope you do please contact me direct prior to booking and I will personally ensure your room is allocated away from the main Function suite.

Thank you again for bringing these issues to my attention as with many other hotels, genuinely welcome all feedback, discuss as team and address accordingly
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We got married here nearly 8 years ago and had been looking at staying again to relive our happy wedding memories.Its true to say that much of the hotel remains the same as it did 8 years ago but for us this adds to the charm of this unique hotel.Everywhere was very clean as was our club double room.The bathroom is a little dated but spotlessly clean so no complaints from us.The check in was smooth and we had only booked over the telephone a couple of hours earlier having manged to get childcare for our 3 children.We had the twixmas offer which included 3 course dinner,bed and breakfast for only £89.00per couple.A meal out would have cost more than this. As our booking was last minute there was only the one time for dinner available which was 8:30.While waiting for our table we enjoyed the atmosphere in the bar area which was lovely.Log burning fire and piano playing it felt very relaxing , what more could you ask for.Our table was late around 30 minutes however we were kept informed by the fantastic French waiter who couldn't do enough for us.The starters we had were delicious very generous in size and lovely quality.There were bread rolls aplenty too from our attentive French waiter. My husband had the steak and I chose the chicken.Presentaition and portion size again was excellent.The ribeye steak came with thick cut chips and the waiter then also bought out mixed vegetables and new potatoes.We managed a desert, just about. They were again generous and presented lovely.

Breakfast was well organised with more than enough choice.All help yourself buffet style but lovely and hot.Toast was bought straight to table without being ordered perfect timing by the time you had helped yourself to the buffet.Tea and coffee was also served a plenty.

Check out was smooth and uncomplicated everything on the bill that should have been there.

A fantastic stay accompanied with delicious food and a unique charm aplenty.We love it.We will definitely be back.

Happy New Year!!!!

Thank you so much for your review and weare so pleased you chose your Wedding Venue to take a Twixmas break. We have been working very hard to offer the most competitve pacakges for our guests, which as you say can still offer great service from Check in, Dinner and the standard of Food is never compromised, as value for money is so important and even more so with the current climate.

As a team we are really pleased you returned to Stone Manor following your Wedding 8 years ago and we look forward to seeing you again very soon

Have a great 2013!!!!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Went in January for my Birthday and even though the decor is out of the 80's , food and service were good .
Went with friends for a Xmas meal and it was very disappointing on all aspects ! Service the worst we've had ! Food when it eventually came was the worst Xmas dinner ever , all dried up and over cooked!
There was a wedding party on and their guests were in the entrance porch smoking so that you couldn't even get in or out without having to push your way through them and in hale their smoke !!! This so needs to be dealt with !

We shall not be visiting Stone Manor again needless to say .

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Happy New Year!!!!
Thank you for your review following your visit to Stone Manor Hotel. First of all can I apologise for the experience you had on the night and thank you for highlighting these issues.
We are aware that the smoking area is in front of the main entrance and we are looking at an alternative to aleviate this problem in the future.
So I can speak with the revelant deaprtments I wondered if you ate in the Restaurant or attended a Christmas party?
As you know there is always a Duty Manager on shift, as well as other managers, especially during busy periods like Christmas, and I would hope that when you expressed your feelings you were offered an alternative meal?
I will of course pass these comments on as, with my other responses you will notice as a team we frequently review all comments good or bad and do everything to learn from them and ensure they do not arise in the future.
So again I can only apologise that we did not meet your expectations and that I will be personally speaking with the relevant Heads of Departments.

If you need anything else or you feel I have not addressed your feedback please contact me direct
U.K
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

As my husband has already reported, we had a wonderful break at this hotel. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious. The staff were friendly and helpful . We enjoyed the location which wasnt far from the local attractions and the food was perfect . We will certainly stay here again and have already recommended the hotel to our friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Westgate on Sea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

i stayed at this hotel on sunday evening for work the next day in Kidderminster - there aren't very many hotels but this looks better on the outside than it is on the inside. It certainly isnt the worst place i've ever stayed but I wouldn't choose to stay there again - the choice of food seemed crazy to me - there was not option but to have the set menu - i would have prefered something more simple - or a rioast dinner that the staff told me was served until 4pm on Sunday. My room was dated. Simply this hotel is not my cup of tea but there is nothing really wrong with it

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Happy New Year!!! My apologises in delaying in responding to your review following your stay as a Corporate visitor.
As you will have read from other reviews, we welcome all feedback and try everything to address any issues that arise, and as you mention the menu choice, we have varied menu options from the A La Carte to the Set TDH menu, but following extensive research we are looking at introducing a more "Gastro Pub" feel menu, which many of our Corporate guests have expressed an interest in.... Something a little more simple, Traditional Dishes and Chef and his team are currently working on this following the crazy, busy season of Christmas

I do hope you choose to return to stay with us in the future when visiting the area

Best Wishes
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We only live down the road so never stay at the hotel (apart from when we stayed on our wedding night 9-years ago!) but we like to eat in the restaurant so we can enjoy sitting in the bar/lounge before and after the meal which you can't do at your average high st restaurant. We ate there last night (1st Dec), we always start with a drink in the bar, relaxing in one of the many comfortable sofas whilst perusing the menu, it was a pleasant surprise to hear the pianist who was playing his way through a selection of Christmas numbers, we were then called to the restaurant to be served our starters. All the food we ate was excellent as usual and service was excellent too. We then retired to the lounge and sat by the fire to finish with coffee before heading off home. We think its good value and all in all we've never been disappointed yet. Didn't get 5 stars purely because the choice of desserts was a little limited and none of our favourites, but I guess thats personal preference!

Happy New Year!!!! I hope you had a lovely christmas and new year

Thank you so much for your restaurant review on Trip advisor. This is something I am keen to encourage as we get so much feedback from regular and new guests who come here to Dine only, but very rarely put comments on here.

We are really pleased that you enjoyed your meal and felt it was values for money.
I am sorry there was not enough choice of dessert on this evening, but as you say personal choice. If you are a Pudding lover, I wondered if you knew we did a Pudding Evening on the second Friday of each month, where you have a light main course and a choice of atleast 6 puddings for only £19.95...with the next Valentines themed on Friday 15th.

Not trying to sell this to you, just thought it maybe something for this year to try.

Thanks you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Been to Hogarths Stone Manor? Share your experiences!