Imagination Street is a large soft play centre, located on a rural business park just outside of Astwood Bank. We were keen to go, as we've missed Bungo's Barn since it closed down. I visited for the first time yesterday (a Saturday in the school holidays), with my two kids (aged 6 and 9).
- Nice location, with plenty of parking
- Fantastic, very big play frame, complete with football on the top level, Good for all ages.
- Plenty of comfy seating for parents with plenty of space between them (even though it was VERY busy)
- All very clean and seemed pretty safe
- Additional activities such as reading books, bikes for the little ones and F1 track (which is £1 a go)
- Entry price not too bad - £7.45 for my two kids
- Nice coffee aroma as you walk in
- Lots of staff (but some seemed uncertain of prices etc)
- Plenty of papers and magazines for parents to read
- Good choice of food, including healthy options. The pizzas and panini we had for lunch were nice.
- The NOISE! We expected it to be busy and noisy (and there were several parties on), but the acoustics in the building made it difficult to hear my kids when we were chatting over lunch. Especially when the F1 cars were operating.
- No air conditioning to keep the kids cool on the play frame. Both kept coming off to cool down
- I observed quite a lot of pushing and shoving amongst the kids on the equipment - I didn't see any staff supervising the kids on the play frame (as they used to at Bungo's Barn)
- I would have liked more security on the exit gate - something to re-assure parents that kids can't leave the building without them
- Every time it was time for a party lunch somebody announced over the tanoy: "It's [child's name]'s party, it's tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime for dinner!!!!" (which seems to be their catchphrase). That was quite annoying.
- They say there is free wifi, but I couldn't connect to it on my phone
- We had quite a long wait for our f
- Drinks seemed expensive. Eg £1.70 for a very small cup of tea.
- I didn't notice any lockers or anwhere for kids to stow their shoes while on the play frame
I will probably visit again, particularly with my youngest. And the kids' parties look pretty good. But I would try and avoid visiting at peak times!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.