“Superb food” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Essence of Bengal
1b Birchfield Road (corner of Mason Rd) | Headless Cross, Redditch B97 4LB, England
Website
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Superb food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I visited the Essence Of Bengal last week and I must say, the Chicken Sag Wala was one of the best I've ever had. It was full of flavour and wasn't too spicy nor too mild. The service too, was extremely good as we were asked if we wanted another drink and whether our food was alright.

• Visited October 2013

Birmingham
“Murghi feast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Try this dish it's magic I have been at essence for the first time an am tellin you go an visit this place it's brilliant loved the food booked a table again for next weekend takin friends from Moseley great place to be I agree with some people comments it is fantastic

• Visited October 2013
“Try it urself!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

You lookin for a place to eat out thas good.
Well look no more if you local o willin to travel that try essence of bengal in redditch its realy good.
Am not goin to say no more you can see it an taste it for your self.

• Visited September 2013
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Forget ordering a takeaway!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Phoned and paid for a take away at 6 10 pm to be told" about an hour". No problem as its the weekend you expect things to be busy but even so an hour is far too excessive. Hung in there till 7 45 still no food. At this stage tried phoning to enquire where my order was but all I got time after time was an engaged tone. Don't live a million miles away so I decided to pop round ( therefore defeating the point of ordering a takeaway anyway). First member of staff I spoke to was adamant that my food had been delivered. This was then followed by much discussion ,in their own language between each other. Manager then appears and gives me the most pitiful pathetic excuse as to why my food had not turned up. As was my right because of being unhappy with the service I demanded a refund. This was when the manager very begrudgingly gave me a refund. Absolutely no apology for their inconvenience caused. About 8 45 got a knock at the door from there delivery person apologizing and saying I could have my food at 20 pound rather than the 20 3 pound 60 !!! Mmmmm so I get to save 3 pounds 60 and enjoy some stone cold indian takeaway.yep, never again will I try this place and neither will anyone I know.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“You'll struggle to better this - and that's saying something in Birmingham !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

If you know what good Bangladeshi food (Indian to the uninitiated) tastes like, you'll know how easy it is to be disappointed when trying somewhere new. Fear not.

The owner started in his dad's takeaway - The Golden Balti in nearby Rednal - and has gone from strength to strength. The choice of spices is the key. I'm reliably informed that they don't skimp on the quality and neither do they with the meat, fish and vegetables. Result ? A great eating experience.

Oh yes, and the service.........it's a credit to the family. But be warned - when you've eaten here, you'll have been spoiled. Enough said.

• Visited June 2013